Purchased a Marantz CD 6003 AND Emotiva ERC-1

lol, again the 'burn in' question arises....
IMHO the burn in should not apply to anything but the speakers.....
Flame off friends :D

This time I am sending a BrahMos on its way to your place ...:D by the time you read this .... Pffffffft! :eek:hyeah:

Good news for local HFVites shopping for CDP - a fair priced CDP coming their way thanks to The Kinge!!

Cheers

await your 'Non-Biased' reviews kinge......
Pls play some hard rock/metal too :D

This time I am sending a BrahMos on its way to your place ...:D by the time you read this .... Pffffffft! :eek:hyeah:

Good news for local HFVites shopping for CDP - a fair priced CDP coming their way thanks to The Kinge!!

Cheers

Already retaliated with the 'Agni', alas your 'brahmos' fizzled out & now you are 'neutralised' :D:D:eek:hyeah::D:D

'A Little Less Conversation'/// wat say Kinge???? :rolleyes:

await your 'Non-Biased' reviews kinge......
Pls play some hard rock/metal too :D

Will try my best denom:)

'A Little Less Conversation'/// wat say Kinge???? :rolleyes:

I am not a big fan of hard rock / metal so would not be able to judge the system performance even if I were to play those tracks. The closest I get to hard rock is indeed through A little less conversation ;)

Thanks iaudio. Did you also purchase the Emotiva ERC-1? If so, may I ask how much did it cost you in total, including shipping & duty?

Thanks for the tip gobble. The Marantz has been in regular use now and will have crossed 25 hours by the time Emotiva arrives. May have to put the Emotiva on repeat play as soon as I get it before doing the audition. Am considering a Double Blind Test - the only difficulty is getting good test "subjects" here in Dubai.

Just curious, is the 25 hours to let the CD player burn-in?
thekinge, No,no way! Even the Marantz I managed with difficulty, no way I could get the ERC1 even if I wanted to! Hows life with cd6003 paired with Onkyo 876?

thekinge, No,no way! Even the Marantz I managed with difficulty, no way I could get the ERC1 even if I wanted to! Hows life with cd6003 paired with Onkyo 876?

Congratulations iaudio on the Marantz! Life with CD6003 and 876 is actually very good. Turns out my fear of the combination sounding bright was unfounded. It works well. Just yesterday I had a straight 4 hour, fatigue free listening session in the night - gotta celebrate the wife being away on a short break to India:D

Are you going to pair your Marantz with the Onkyo as well?

Well presently I will be pairing it with the Onkyo 506 and the Pioneer 307 stereo amp. And in case my seemingly never ending spree of ebay order failures for the TP20 stops, I will use the cd6003 with that.

Received my Emotiva ERC-1:yahoo:

Got it within 4 days of placing order - partly because I asked FedEx to hold it in their holding area once they receive it in Dubai and I picked it up personally just 40 minutes ago. That probably cut down a couple of days of waiting:D

Will post pictures of the unopened box in a short while. Right now, enjoying the fleeting moments of happiness looking at the box as it tempts me to open up and connect it to my setup:)

Last edited:
Emotiva ERC-1 awaiting it's opening ceremony

emotivaercpacked.jpg

Hopefully this week Venkatcr & I will be comparing both the Marantz CD 6003 & Emotiva ERC-1 and post details in HFV:)

Last edited:
Thats because anm is hoping you will sell the Emotiva!! Didnt you get it?!! :D

Cheers

What is a man without good friends?!;)

The Emotiva has started burning in as I type. So far so good.

Oh by the way, a friend of mine in living in Dubai is keen to buy either of the CD players - talk about my hi-fi evangelism:). So, I may not put up the CD player for sale in HFV as mentioned earlier.

thekinge, it is only rarely that one gets a chance to do a side by side comparison of two cdps that too at home, will be interesting to know if the diff is just subtle or huge.

Open it! Open it! Cant wait to see it stripped naked..:eek:hyeah: er unboxed!

iAudio, there is also a lot of fun in looking at a beautiful item fully clothed and imaging what goodies lie inside. That is the fun of anticipation. :)

Cheers

Venkat, True, true but why dont you admit that its because you wanna be there for the opening ceremony at thekinges place:D? Hows Dxb? Did you get the ca650c yet? Or waiting to check out the emotiva?

Last edited:
hi dhilip

after your comparisions , if you plan to sell the Emo CDP put me on top of the list will take it immediately :)

Last edited:
Venkat, True, true but why dont you admit that its because you wanna be there for the opening ceremony at thekinges place:D? Hows Dxb? Did you get the ca650c yet? Or waiting to check out the emotiva?

If Venkat was waiting for it, Im sorry to have disappointed him:) Could not wait any further and had the opening ceremony late yesterday night to see whats inside;)

But yes, I like admiring the fully clothed looks of my purchases, especially so with hi-fi equipment. I had the Wharfedale speakers in their boxes for one full day before opening it up. Its akin to freshly minted currency, the sight, the smell et al:)

hi duliip

after your comparisions , if you plan to sell the Emo CDP put me on top of the list will take it immediately :)

Hi Subhash,

You made my name sound like a flower:) . If my friend who has offered to buy either the Marantz or Emotiva changes his mind, then I will surely offer it to you.

-Dhilip

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back