Purchased a Marantz CD 6003 AND Emotiva ERC-1

If Venkat was waiting for it, Im sorry to have disappointed him:) Could not wait any further and had the opening ceremony late yesterday night to see whats inside;)

But yes, I like admiring the fully clothed looks of my purchases, especially so with hi-fi equipment. I had the Wharfedale speakers in their boxes for one full day before opening it up. Its akin to freshly minted currency, the sight, the smell et al:)

Hi Subhash,

You made my name sound like a flower:) . If my friend who has offered to buy either the Marantz or Emotiva changes his mind, then I will surely offer it to you.

-Dhilip

it sounded good but ----name edited :)

Alright guys, teaser time!

Emotiva ERC-1, the center of my love and attention;):
myavsetup.jpg

To make space for the Emotiva ERC-1, I had to disconnect my 10.CS center speaker which would otherwise be sitting exactly where the ERC-1 is. To the right of Emotiva is my Onkyo TX-SR876 pulling stereo duty in pure direct mode. Oh yes, those tall guardian angels are my Diamond 10.7s.

Honey, I'm ready and waiting:
emotivaerc1closeup.jpg

Honey, switch off the lights, for it's too bright:
emotivacloseupwithdimme.jpg

You broke my heart...:
marantzcd6003.jpg

Reviews to follow later this week:)

Last edited:
Venkat, True, true but why dont you admit that its because you wanna be there for the opening ceremony at thekinges place:D? Hows Dxb? Did you get the ca650c yet? Or waiting to check out the emotiva?

I certainly would love to have been there. But let Dhilip have the fun as he has taken so much effort. He has already done the opening.

I have skipped the CA650C for this trip as I have blown up all my funds on a reference level HTPC. Look at http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...-card-vs-radeon-5xxx-series-9.html#post145360 for more details.

DXB is really really HOT.

Cheers

DXB is really really HOT.

He he Venkatcr, come back in August and let me know if you would consider June as hot:)

The second set of BJC Interconnects should reach me by later today (Monday). I will call you tomorrow, err..later today to confirm the plan.

Last edited:
Hey thekinge,

Both CD players are looking awesome :licklips:

PS: I see you wallmounted few animals :p

Happy listening.

Kittu

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

may the best player win!!!

Alright guys, teaser time!

Emotiva ERC-1, the center of my love and attention;):
myavsetup.jpg

To make space for the Emotiva ERC-1, I had to disconnect my 10.CS center speaker which would otherwise be sitting exactly where the ERC-1 is. To the right of Emotiva is my Onkyo TX-SR876 pulling stereo duty in pure direct mode. Oh yes, those tall guardian angels are my Diamond 10.7s.

Honey, I'm ready and waiting:
emotivaerc1closeup.jpg

Honey, switch off the lights, for it's too bright:
emotivacloseupwithdimme.jpg

You broke my heart...:
marantzcd6003.jpg

Reviews to follow later this week:)

Nice pic! But at late night sessions I cant stand the glare of dot-matrix lcd lights of the Marantz, forget the disco lights of the Emotiva!!

Is there a way to turn them off? :)

Regards

Hey thekinge,

Both CD players are looking awesome :licklips:

PS: I see you wallmounted few animals :p

Happy listening.

Kittu

Thanks Kittu. Those animals have been "wallmounted" for my 2 year old son:)

Nice pic! But at late night sessions I cant stand the glare of dot-matrix lcd lights of the Marantz, forget the disco lights of the Emotiva!!

Is there a way to turn them off? :)

Regards

Fortunately gobble, there is way to turn off the lights. In Marantz CD 6003 you can select different sound modes akin to pure direct mode in some receivers. If you select the sound mode as "Audio EX 2", it will switch off the entire display and will just display a red LED indicator that Audio EX 2 has been engaged.

In the Emotiva, the closest you get to switching off the disco lights is under the picture titled "Honey, switch off the lights, for its too bright":)

Disco lights is the right description of the emotiva lights. I need sunglasses to be in the same room! Hope the music is not so bling bling but more substance. Looking forward to your review.

Disco lights is the right description of the emotiva lights. I need sunglasses to be in the same room! Hope the music is not so bling bling but more substance. Looking forward to your review.

To be fair, the Emotiva lights look more bling bling because of my average photography skills. They don't look that bad when you see it in person. It is still bright though and I prefer to dim it down. On the other hand, when it is dimmed down, I quite like it when just the blue halo light on the power panel glows.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back