Purchased Martin logan from Sbt corporation hyderabad

obivanjr

i have recently purchased Martin Logan motion series from them with marantz 7007 receiver and panasonic 8000 projector. Their service was amazing and people were polite.
Just wanted to share with you guys.
Happy with my setup and i have a query?

Should i go with media player or build a htpc?
my main purpose is to play 1080p blu ray images (lossless).
can u guys suggest me..?

i have recently purchased Martin Logan motion series from them with marantz 7007 receiver and panasonic 8000 projector. Their service was amazing and people were polite.

can u guys suggest me..?

@obivanjr... let me be the first to congratulate you. That's an awesome setup you got there. Congrats again. We'd love to see some snaps of your setup.

Regarding media player vs htpc: Build the HTPC first.
Reason:
1. There are very few media players out there supports 3D, DTS-Master audio, USB 3.0 and large storage togather.
2. Even you get all those features in one package, it will cost you hell lot of money and you will be able to play movies/music only.
3. On the contrary, you can do some serious gaming as well apart from movies/music in HTPC.
4. In HTPC, there are numerous options available for gradual upgrade.

BTW... how much did your projector cost? How is it coming along?
Did you compare with any other projectors (like Epson W8100 or something else) before making the purchase? If yes please share your thoughts/experience.

Last edited:

can u guys suggest me..?

Congrats buddy. I had an audition of the Martin Logan Motion 40 series and was very impressed. It kind of blew everything else away especially in terms of detail/clarity and precision.

Regarding media player vs. HTPC... HTPC always mate. The only cons will be space, maybe some noise and heat... but other than that the control and future upgradeability a PC gives you is unbeatable. Also, its cheap these days... you can get a decent rig (without monitor) for like 20K. You can also look at converting an old PC into a media player with XBMC or VortexBox (for music). Add in a Blu-Ray drive/writer and you even have a Blu-ray player and ripper. Definitely PC (HTPC) in my book.

@saikatbiswas82 Thank you Very much.Ill post them as soon as possible with complete setup and details. I have not seen other projectors like epson.I was completely amazed with the quality of panasonic 8000 series. i Previously owned 4000 series one. They are fantastic projectors.
@musicbee thanks for your advice. Looking forward for an HTPC.actually showroom guys suggested me to go with Media player Dune Base 3D. I am not aware of it.but it was expensive .it was around 30k.instead of it .ill go with HTPC.May be with fx8350 and dedicated gpu and audio card.
@GeorgeO .Thank you very much . Ill take a look into low cost media players.

media player is cheap and easy solution..
HTPC is glamourous and yes has some advantage..
say only the psu goes bad..you replace it...again use it..like this..
and software dependancy is also there for smooth playback..only costly hardware not sufficient..so if you dont have much idea of setting up
just get a media player..

imo get a blu ray player acording to your budget..they are already media player..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back