Purchased Panasonic 42XT50D Today

rahiljnmc

Hello guys!

I am new to the forum, so let me introduce myself. I am rahil, from new delhi doctor by profession and started working couple of months back ( recent Graduate).

This is the first purchase i made from my own money so i am very proud of it.

I decided to buy a plasma tv around 10-15 days back, since then i have been going through this forum and other websites as well. My budget was 35 k max.So there were two obvious choice:

1- Panasonic 42x30D - 31.5 with 3 years warranty/ 26k (grey Market)
2-Samsung d450- 31k on ebay
3- Samsung E450- 31k on ebay one year dealer warranty/ 26.5 k (grey market)

As I went through the several post on this forum i learned about 2012 newly launched smart viera series lineup (vt gt st xt and x) after doing quite a lot of research i was left with two options xt50 and x50 (42 inches) the st's, ut's, vt's were beyond my budget. So i went to the showroom just to see the tv in showroom, knowing that even 42xt50d was beyond my reach as my budget was 35 k max.

I went to fairdeal electronics, dwarka and enquired about the 2012 panasonic lineup, surprisingly i had much more info than the sales rep so he conviniently referred me to the sales head. He gave me all info I needed and said the models are in stock. I told him about my budget and he said he can get it financed. so he literally sold me the tv in half an hour even though i had no cash at my disposal.

Finance (bajaj finserv) :yahoo:part was smooth. all he needed was copy of my pancard (thats all i had) and a debit card with my name on it. for address proof my bank statement which i still havent given him. my loan was approved with 5 mins and 42xt50d was dispatched to my home!!!!

Panasonic 42xt50d 3d- 47500/- with 3 years warranty, one 3d glass, wall and pedestal mount, free installation/demo (from panasonic)
Downpayment- 12,000/-
EMI 12 months- 3000/-

I aslo got myself tatasky HD 2500/-

I know, st models are the best ones, but it was out of my reach. as far as xt50 and x50 is concerned, i decided to go for xt50d coz of viera connect and smart viera features and not coz of 3d. He offered me discount of 1000 on 3d glasses and 1000 on my old tv but i decided not to get it.

He also told me that his customers are using aftermarket wifi adapter without any hassle with the 2012 lineup but i doubt it. So currently i am hunting for any such wifi adapter if available. The netgear (for panasonic) is for around 4000 on ebay and the panasonic adapter is costing even more!!

Could not wait for panasonic guys, i opened the TV and installed the pedestal mount and turned it on by myself!!!! :yahoo:

Hello guys!

I am new to the forum, so let me introduce myself. I am rahil, from new delhi doctor by profession and started working couple of months back ( recent Graduate).

I decided to buy a plasma tv around 10-15 days back, since then i have been going through this forum and other websites as well. My budget was 35 k max.So there were two obvious choice:

As I went through the several post on this forum i learned about 2012 newly launched smart viera series lineup (vt gt st xt and x) after doing quite a lot of research i was left with two options xt50 and x50 (42 inches) the st's, ut's, vt's were beyond my budget. So i went to the showroom just to see the tv in showroom, knowing that even 42xt50d was beyond my reach as my budget was 35 k max.

I went to fairdeal electronics, dwarka and enquired about the 2012 panasonic lineup, surprisingly i had much more info than the sales rep so he conviniently referred me to the sales head. He gave me all info I needed and said the models are in stock. I told him about my budget and he said he can get it financed. so he literally sold me the tv in half an hour even though i had no cash at my disposal.

Finance (bajaj finserv) :yahoo:part was smooth. all he needed was copy of my pancard (thats all i had) and a debit card with my name on it. for address proof my bank statement which i still havent given him. my loan was approved with 5 mins and 42xt50d was dispatched to my home!!!!

Panasonic 42xt50d 3d- 47500/- with 3 years warranty, one 3d glass, wall and pedestal mount, free installation/demo (from panasonic)
Downpayment- 12,000/-
EMI 12 months- 3000/-

I know, st models are the best ones, but it was out of my reach. as far as xt50 and x50 is concerned, i decided to go for xt50d coz of viera connect and smart viera features and not coz of 3d. He offered me discount of 1000 on 3d glasses and 1000 on my old tv but i decided not to get it.

He also told me that his customers are using aftermarket wifi adapter without any hassle with the 2012 lineup but i doubt it. So currently i am hunting for any such wifi adapter if available. The netgear (for panasonic) is for around 4000 on ebay and the panasonic adapter is costing even more!!

Could not wait for panasonic guys, i opened the TV and installed the pedestal mount and turned it on by myself!!!! :yahoo:

Hi, Welcome to Hifi,

Congratulation....:clapping:

I got my XT50 plasma @46500, but without 3D glasses in May'12. Share your views & experience with us.

Hi
G m
In mumbai panosonice 50xt 50 prize 60k
With 2 pic glasses .with 3 year warrenty .
Thank u

Thanks everyone!! Last few days were busy with work and networking. This is what I did

1- Upgraded my broadband connection to 4mbps 30 gb from airtel
2-Connected my TV with ethernet (panasonic/netgear wifi adapter was expensive)
3- Downloaded Panasonic viera remote from android app store
4- Created Media server

An now fully connected and networked I am loving every second of it. Only thing thats bothering me is lack of HD channels on tata sky HD.

Surfing web, watching YT videos and watiching movies (streaming directly from internet & and through media server) is wonderful experience on 42 inch screen, esp with the ease of using my phone's screen as touchpad and keyboard.

Further plans- looking for nice entry level home theatre system. (any suggestions would be of great help)

Will be uploading pics soon :)

avoid all flat panels if possible and go for the projectors and that too led one's...

just lost 50" panasonic plasma in 10 months , with 65k going down the drain, and that too tv stopped working while watching and crack appeared on the inside glass , which panasonic refused to cover under warranty..

Hello guys!

Downpayment- 12,000/-
EMI 12 months- 3000/-

congrats..............good choice!!! you got the best entry level plasma and I'm sure you will love it.

avoid all flat panels if possible and go for the projectors and that too led one's...

just lost 50" panasonic plasma in 10 months , with 65k going down the drain, and that too tv stopped working while watching and crack appeared on the inside glass , which panasonic refused to cover under warranty..
Why don't you take them to consumer court?

Why don't you take them to consumer court?

waiting for them to decide, what they want to do.. did a huge research on the thermal expansion of the panel why they continue to crack under there own weight.. happens mostly with big size panel 42-50" ..

and they want to run away under the shadow of physical damage..

waiting for them to decide, what they want to do.. did a huge research on the thermal expansion of the panel why they continue to crack under there own weight.. happens mostly with big size panel 42-50" ..

and they want to run away under the shadow of physical damage..
Send them a notice indicating that they have delivered a defective product and refusing to honour warranty. Mention that this notice is the first step towards lodging a consumer court complaint. Notice should be sent to dealer and Panasonic HO by registered post.

Thanks everyone!! Last few days were busy with work and networking. This is what I did

1- Upgraded my broadband connection to 4mbps 30 gb from airtel
2-Connected my TV with ethernet (panasonic/netgear wifi adapter was expensive)
3- Downloaded Panasonic viera remote from android app store
4- Created Media server

An now fully connected and networked I am loving every second of it. Only thing thats bothering me is lack of HD channels on tata sky HD.

Surfing web, watching YT videos and watiching movies (streaming directly from internet & and through media server) is wonderful experience on 42 inch screen, esp with the ease of using my phone's screen as touchpad and keyboard.

Further plans- looking for nice entry level home theatre system. (any suggestions would be of great help)

Will be uploading pics soon :)

Can you explain step 4 further .... how u created media server?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

So, the two people who got your 42XT50 TVs did NOT get the HT??
Thats surprising because the model was launched around July 15th and the offer kind of started close to the month end..

So, they sold of few TVs without the offer within the first 5-10 days?? Thats crazy man.. You need to talk with panasnic people..

I have cracked a deal with a dealer@ Delhi..

I wanted to buy another for my sister and this guy offered :

44K@ 42XT50 + 1 3D Glass...No HT though...

He said offer is valid till 15th August only...

However, condition is I need to buy 2 sets....This is because I told him I have to buy 2 Sets...

He is willing to offer one for 45 + 1 3D Glass without HT...

HT is useless anyways as it does not support HD formats through USB....

Deal doesnt look good... you are saving 3-4K and giving away HT ???

I have cracked a deal with a dealer@ Delhi..

I wanted to buy another for my sister and this guy offered :

44K@ 42XT50 + 1 3D Glass...No HT though...

He said offer is valid till 15th August only...

However, condition is I need to buy 2 sets....This is because I told him I have to buy 2 Sets...

He is willing to offer one for 45 + 1 3D Glass without HT...

HT is useless anyways as it does not support HD formats through USB....

Hey.. wait.. I think you can sell the HT for 7-8k in the very forum..
Check for interest before you proceed.

Seriously speaking,I could not sale my month old PS3, with brand new Sealed extra controller worth 3K & One game worth 1500 at 17K...Total price of above bundle was over 24K..

Now consider this:

A) Let me be candid, when I feel that HT is not useful, my assumption is that users on this forumn are well informed and thus very less possibility of selling it ...

B) Add to it the fact that so many users are buying plasma, you would have more sellers than buyers..

C) User profile is such that I doubt that potential buyers of HT would come here and look for a HT...

My HT is already pledged to my maid or a NGO my organisation support...

My sister aint keen as they have a HT already..

If someone can sell at 6-7K..Gonna be a good deal...:)

I posted the above, just in case someone might get interested or find it useful while bargaining for a better deal....

Anyways, I guess dealer still gonna offer single set at 44K, so not a fight to find someone else :)

I dint know the HT is junk. They are selling it for 17k outside and I thought it might sell for 1/2 that price new easily. :)

May be you forget what you share with others..In ST50 thread you had said this:

<<Thanks for the gyaan - a free gift should never be a reason to move to a different product... also each product may have different value for different people. Not everyone might perceive BDP to be better than HT..

So if I have decided for Panny Plasma UT50, I should not move to Samsung E550 because of free gift... <<

On same lines, there are many well informed people who would know that XH170 is a piece of junk. Also, there are many people who already own HT and thus second HT may not make sense.

For me a second chimney is useless@kichen :)

I took clue only from your post only,..insipirational stuff mate..lol:lol:

Anyways!!!!!
Find me a deal where any dealer is selling XT50 without HT at 44K??? Shop from where, I bought XT50@ 48K, was not ready to offer even 1K discount. He had called someone from Branch office and confirmed that HT is offered from company and thus no way any discount can be offered.Dealer also know product is useless and has no buyers in market. Almost no sales at a price tag of 15K when Sony etc offer better HT at that price range.

Thanks for reminding me, however I must let you know that the objective of discussion is different here... on ST50 thread, I mentioned that free gift should not be a reason to buy a product & I stand by it..

Here the discount (3-4k whatever) is less than the perceived value of the HT and hence the deal doesnt look good to me and I have the right to express my opinion just like you do... it might not make sense to people who already own a HT but that may not be true for everyone...

Anyways as mentioned in the other thread, let us close it here and not carry this forward... this is not the reason why me or you have joined this forum... we can still enjoy these new toys and learn from each other...:)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back