Pure 2 Channel Stereo Setup

So wots with dis guy and da rest of you???

hiz lordship will post in 1 yr 2 show off his junk stuf an the rest of you will bow down an worship him???:mad::indifferent14::eek:hyeah::annoyed:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

wot a joke!!!

There is nothing wrong with info exchange between members. Also your allegations are baseless and over exaggerated. I suggest spend the effort in providing valuable input otherwise. Finally, you may want to clean up your language and spelling since you are so particular about other's reaction.

Well I would not. I would buy it anyday. More especially a Buggati Veyron but after the Focals of course!

18218bugatti-veyron-big.jpg

a Buggati Veyron - but, of course!!!:)

and certainly after the focals!! :)

but would you buy the bentley continental GT speed if you were offered the Acura NSX, regardless of the price?

Cool. what kind of job/ profession it was?
I am sure audio consulting would be a good business in the US too? Since you are in CA, LA should not be far, and that should be a place where many people can spend on a system that does need high end consulting. Good luck with your venture/ ventures.

regards

Its no problem :) Thread trolls are everywhere so I'm used to it.
I try to share gear and knowledge that I've gained in this journey.

It only helps to have some sort of direction when we're all chasing down that elusive sound.

ANM, job is gone :) Got laid off, but now that has given me an excuse to get into a few of my business ventures that I had been planning.

One of the things I would love to get into is Audio consulting in India. It's an upcoming market and the collective knowledge I have gained over the 13 years I've been in this hobby, could be put to good use in getting others to build their systems according to their taste level.

In my knowledge, I know that having a taste developed for good sounding audio is MUCH MORE important than buying high end gear.

Buying high end gear DOES NOT equate to good quality sound. Generally, the more the spend, the more refinement you get, but that still does not guarantee that the sound would be to your liking and taste.

Anyhow, you have to learn and understand along the way. It IS a journey after all. Nice to have friends who care about the end result in your journey.

~Gaurav

.Net Software Consultant. So much for that.

I'm actually in Orange County. Los Angeles county is a 45 minute drive from here.

This place is saturated in regards to Audio. However, in India, it's a whole different upcoming market.

Plus, I just feel like helping out my desi audiophiles :)
You should see the smile on some my friends/family's face when they hear some of those Indian classical interments being reproduced like the Sitar, Rudra Veena, Ghatam etc.

These instruments are extremely difficult to reproduce accurately and it's a pleasure when you are able to get closer and closer to the real thing through sound reproduction.

a Buggati Veyron - but, of course!!!:)

and certainly after the focals!! :)

but would you buy the bentley continental GT speed if you were offered the Acura NSX, regardless of the price?

Well a Honda is a Honda so I guess I would end up with both!

LOL, you know I've driven this exact car while in the U.S., a friend (rather a classmate) working in the U.S. has this same car. If I remember correctly it was 2500 cc and ripped like crazy.

Hai all,

I would like to add that it is not only a High-end gear but a well laid out room and good acoustics that make or break an Audio system.

I also suggest to forum members to post their experiences reg the acoustic treatment or remedies they might have made in fine tuning the listening room as this will help fellow members.

Thanks,

N Murali.

Hi Moserw,

if you have taken that Acura NSX for a spin, you have driven a purist sports car, and i do hope that you had a long extended drive, and let me put this on record -- "The Acura NSX is the car to experience if you have the 'hand-eye-mind" co-ordination", and if " AYRTON SENNA" inspired something in you!

I have been saving and hoping for the day that I will be able to buy one here in india - that could happen wih the CONGRESS at the helm!!!

I hope this happens before I have a stroke/alzheimer's:lol:

Well you are right, it's an awesome car though some would call it a poor man's Ferrari. I'm into cars majorly, but I've my heart set on a BMW, in fact from my childhood a BMW has been the DREAM VEHICLE for me.

Hi Moserw,

if you have taken that Acura NSX for a spin, you have driven a purist sports car, and i do hope that you had a long extended drive, and let me put this on record -- "The Acura NSX is the car to experience if you have the 'hand-eye-mind" co-ordination", and if " AYRTON SENNA" inspired something in you!

I have been saving and hoping for the day that I will be able to buy one here in india - that could happen wih the CONGRESS at the helm!!!

I hope this happens before I have a stroke/alzheimer's:lol:

This topic is going totally off topic, but I'll play along :p

I absolutely love my 2008 3.35i Coupe :clapping:

6179-BMW-335-WHITE-AHHHNW.jpg

Not my cars picture.

Handles amazingly well, is quick and nimble. Wanted to chip it, but have refrained from doing so. I already have two tickets. One more and I'll be in pretty bad trouble!

Not my cars picture.

Handles amazingly well, is quick and nimble. Wanted to chip it, but have refrained from doing so. I already have two tickets. One more and I'll be in pretty bad trouble!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! that is a car to die for!!!

Now you're talking buddy. Awesome machines these BMWs. Not that your music rig is any bad....

Not my cars picture.

Not my cars picture.

Nice :). But whats stopping you from getting the M3 :p.

The twin turbo with a few chip modifications can easily beat the M3...thats one of the main reasons. Why pay all the extra money when a silly $500 modification will have you beating the M3?

The 3.5 liter twin turbo engine is one of the best that BMW has put out in a long time. I like the look of the M3, the carbon fiber roof etc, but the 3.35 just makes me very happy. The kick from the turbo is very different from a pure Naturally Aspirated motor like the one in the M3.

Anyways, lets get back to audio, which is my first love.

Thats' a beauty with power.
Talking about M3- that thing can handle real well. I'd driven one(my friend's) about 5yrs back and the memories are still alive. I had a Mazda MX-6 LS 2.5L/manual shift which was wonderful but M3 was amazing. Coupe's are something else..... you gotta drive them to know about them. I'm back in India and they're hard to find. god, atleast an MX-6 will do.......

Heard some alien body dropped by this thread ..?

But ahh.. seems super mod tightened bolts up the nuts! (p.s. Am strictly making mechanical references, nothing organic ..just in case u r getting ideas reading this ;) )

Keep rackin' up friends!

Look for love not hate n look for magic n not price tags. (took ur side G, smile while i see u on chat - DB!) :)

wishes to all

@vivek, thanks so much for the kind comments.

Updated a little bit :)

System moved from the front center to right next to my turntable which sits on my left hand side. This has improved sound even further as there is NOTHING between the speakers and my sitting position. Just more purity of sound an a better more coherent soundstage.

Here are some pics I took from my brothers Nikon D90 he just bought. Loved the way this camera brought out the colors of the system so felt like sharing with you guys:

dsc0002oy.jpg

dsc0001mnd.jpg

dsc0003de.jpg

dsc0006cn.jpg

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back