Puzzled.....pls help....denon or pioneer

amedius

My older Denon has stopped working (just 2 years old) after a firmware update that failed and reviving will cost me cool Rs.20000- plus, which is useless. I feel very sorry for this and I do not think I will ever update any receiver in future. Now coming to second point.. I will be purchasing new receiver for my hall for viewing movies and listening music. Movies 50 pct and music 50 pct. I am completely puzzled with the 3 receivers on the market which are currently the award winners and all three falls in the same plus minus price category. The first is Denon x2200w, Pioneer vsx-930 and the latest Pioneeer vsx-1131 (new released).

My audio crazy friend says go for Pioneer vsx-1131.....everything perfect and with latest tech. Some of my friends says go for Denon 2200.

Please give some good advice. I am planning of getting one of those receivers in the next 2 days.

My speakers are Polk floorstanders and sub psw505 and second sub Sonodyne.

Your valuable suggesting will be highly appreciated and thanked.

Hi

Denon is made by D n M holdings Ltd who also manufacture Marantz....I use Marantz and it is really great when compared to a Denon and hence expensive....high grade components used...music + movies + gaming is awesome.....you need to hear it to believe it...

Pioneer is good too especially their LX series which is expensive....

Denon 2200 is good but not better than a Marantz...

Based on your speaker setup, you need an AVR which has 2 sub outs....

If budget is an issue....look at the For Sale by Owner section or Hi Fi Ads...a couple of Marantzs, Denons etc. are there on sale....

All the best

The new Pioneer vsx-1131 has two sub pre outs......

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

Hi

I see that the VSX 1131 seems to be quite similar to Marantz SR5009/5010....there is a difference in pre outs, performance across frequency, built quality, components used inside...unique features etc....hence the cost difference between both....

Regardless, trust your ears and decide which brand to go for..do a side by side comparison between the models you shortlist....

All the best....if budget is a challenge, see pre owned stuff...

Going by the number of people reporting failure of HDMI card in their Denon AVRs (including mine), I would suggest that you avoid Denon.
Also, since your usage is 50% music, I would suggest not to spend too much on AVR. And save money to buy a stereo amplifier sometime in future whenever your budget permits.
Believe me, a Rs40K stereo amplifier will blow away a Rs 2Lac AVR in terms of pure two channel audio quality.
And of course, quoting the gurus, audition lots of stuff before buying.

Buy a Yamaha RX-V 679 if you want a sound closer to the Denon. Pioneer is a bit forward and over enthusiastic if you like that kinda sound go for it. Marantz is great but bright for my taste. Denon's sound is what I like but yes if late the Denon's failure rate is quite high, may be I'm stereotyping but even in this forum the word going around regarding Denon is the same,so yes quite frightening. Amongst all this I would have stayed away from the Denon for the time being.

It is not about just Denon AVRs, it is also about a lot of companies HDMI boards which fail. So why blame only Denon?

Onkyo's are also famous for similar problems. The HDMI standard itself is not robust and has been a continuous WIP protocol hence it's dismal failure.

Thanks all guys for your reply.......I have 99 pct decided to go for Pioneer vsx 1131 since the earlier version vsx 930 got a five star review from Hi Fi...... Cost of vsx 1131 is around 60k......plus second sub will nearly cost me around 70k if I go for svs....and I have purchased 2 transducer costing around 18k plus some frequencies absorbation foam....which will empty my pockets by 150k just for upgradation....excluding total including my floorstanders and centre plus my sub which has already cost me 100k. I will decide by Monday....till then any more suggestions are welcome. Thanks again.

Hi

If budget is a constraint, there are pre owned avrs available in Hi Fi ads which will suffice the performance of the VSX1131......subs available too....

you can decide or build the system in parts as and when you have the budget.

The problem is any product we like on hi fi ad is away from our city/state and it becomes quite difficult to buy......

Hi

That's true and hence you need to keep a tab on ads over Hi Fi or For Sale by owner, you never know when good deals come and go....

I have the Pioneer 930 and it is a huge step up from my earlier Yamaha v473. It sounds effortless and fantastic and drives my Klipsch magnificently. The more i listen to it the more i like it's sound. The dynamic range is unlike anything i have heard before. Not just that, the room correction actually works. The subwoofer eq corrected the problem frequencies in my room between 30hz-40hz and the resonances have smoothed out. So i'd urge you to go with 930 or higher

Thanks very much Sash.......you have made me make my mind to purchase the Pioneer more easier........

55194eeb53c762d6746f62c29234fbfb.jpg

At last.....decided on Pioneer vsx 1131 and received it yesterday......will feedback when connected today....

Congratulations Amedius. Enjoy the music.
BTB, how much did it cost you?
I purchased from Marantz India Distributors, Mumbai. They give pretty good discounts on Marantz and Pioneers. You can talk to Saaeed.........By the way I'll give my feedback by late evening regarding the overall quality of sound. Very soon I'll be trying for ceiling speakers or atmos enabled speakers. If anyone can give an idea for budget atmos speakers available in the market...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back