PV8 / 80 Service Menu for Usage Time

hey outstandingly helpfull tip...

can u tel same about samy a450 mine is comin 2day..

thanx

Note: Going to Servicing menu and exiting back will make all your picture & sound settings to default factory settings. Pls note down the picture settings before doing.
Put TV on standby
Then press quickly: Info, Menu, Mute, Power and your service menu should popup.

Turn your tv off and on again to leave the Service Menu.

Hey Guys ,

I know i am definetely missing something here as all you guys could do and i still couldnt

the instructions says

To find the total usage:
IMP: DONT USE THE VOL BUTTON ON THE REMOTE

1. Hold down the {VOL -} button ON THE PLASMA. (Dont worry about what happens on the TV)

There is no {VOL -} Button on PV8 all isee is a Button called {F} which is same for volume , brightness and contrast
Can somebody please confirm how doi check the USAGE IN pv8

2. Press the {INFO} button on the remote control 3 times. This button is located to the left of {0} button the remote.

The Service Menu will be displayed with the following menus:
ADJUST
WD-ADJUST
OPTION
AGING (Red Screen)
RM-SET
SRV-TOOL

We are interested in SRV-TOOL. The {1} & {2} buttons move through menus.

4. Press the {2} button once or press the {1} button six times to select "SRV-TOOL".

5. Then press the {OK} button to access it.

6. Using the cursor keys, highlight the empty box on the right side of the last option (box): PTCT :00.00.00.00.00

7. Then press and hold the {MUTE} button for 3 seconds.

Time and Count will be displayed in red color. Mine showed 000000330:30 441. It means my TV was on for 330 hrs and 30 mins and was switched on 441 times till now.

8. Press the {off} button the plasma for 10 secs and release it.

Switch on and enjoy.

Thanks
Sunil

Very useful tip. Thanks, madbullram.

The usage showed up two and half hours (after about 2 hours of usage). Looks like Panasonic guys did not spend much time on testing even :).

Hi sunilgct,

Press "F" button on the panel. You should see "Volume" text on the TV displayed. Quickly hold down button to the right of "F" which is downward arrow (to lower the volume or to change the channel etc). Keep holding that button and press {INFO} button three times. Follow the remaining steps religiously. You should be through.

Hey Guys ,

I know i am definetely missing something here as all you guys could do and i still couldnt

the instructions says

To find the total usage:
IMP: DONT USE THE VOL BUTTON ON THE REMOTE

1. Hold down the {VOL -} button ON THE PLASMA. (Dont worry about what happens on the TV)

There is no {VOL -} Button on PV8 all isee is a Button called {F} which is same for volume , brightness and contrast
Can somebody please confirm how doi check the USAGE IN pv8

2. Press the {INFO} button on the remote control 3 times. This button is located to the left of {0} button the remote.

The Service Menu will be displayed with the following menus:
ADJUST
WD-ADJUST
OPTION
AGING (Red Screen)
RM-SET
SRV-TOOL

We are interested in SRV-TOOL. The {1} & {2} buttons move through menus.

4. Press the {2} button once or press the {1} button six times to select "SRV-TOOL".

5. Then press the {OK} button to access it.

6. Using the cursor keys, highlight the empty box on the right side of the last option (box): PTCT :00.00.00.00.00

7. Then press and hold the {MUTE} button for 3 seconds.

Time and Count will be displayed in red color. Mine showed 000000330:30 441. It means my TV was on for 330 hrs and 30 mins and was switched on 441 times till now.

8. Press the {off} button the plasma for 10 secs and release it.

Switch on and enjoy.

Thanks
Sunil

eZone delivered a PV8 to my friend. I had passed on this tip to him.
The usage showed in excess of 1000 hours !!!

He raised a complaint the following day. The guys were flabbergasted. They feigned ignorance of the whole incident, since the tv is sent directly from the godown and not from the showroom. Anyway, must laud the fact that they accepted the situation and replaced with another new set within a week.

That PV8 will probably go to some unsuspecting customer.

Aren't there any laws protecting consumers from dealers like this ? When we pay for a brand new item, we should get a brand new item, not an open box piece.
In the US, once the factory sealed tape is cut, the dealer cannot sell the item as a new item. It has to be sold as an open-box item, with a discount on the price - even if warrenty etc. is intact. Its high time we have some similar laws protecting consumers in India.

I recently purchased an AC, washing m/c and a microwave from Arcee electronics, Vashi, Mumbai and returned the washing m/c and microwave as the seal was broken. I got the money refunded and went and got the items from Croma, which delivered the items with the factory seal.

Manumani

HEy ,

Thanks everyone , i coudl finally see the service menu and navgate but then even when i press and hold mute buttonfor abt 5-6 seconds , it was still showing usage as 00 hours.

Did anyone observe this?

Hurray , finnally got it . Should have pressed the right side of ptct

mine showed

Time and Count will be displayed in red color. Mine showed 000000053:45 106 .

Awesome Tip.

But i could not switch off from the remote . so switched off the power supply .

Thanks madbullram for such a wonderful tip.

Pleasure is all mine :)

Hurray , finnally got it . Should have pressed the right side of ptct

mine showed

Time and Count will be displayed in red color. Mine showed 000000053:45 106 .

Awesome Tip.

But i could not switch off from the remote . so switched off the power supply .

Thanks madbullram for such a wonderful tip.

hey dudes,
I have a sad sad story to tell...had been dreaming of my very own Panasonic TH-42PV8 for about 3 months. Finally found myself in Vijay Sales Mumbai (Goregaon East) and purchased it for the low low price of Rs. 40,000.
Just 5 mins back i checked the usage hours on the set (thanks madbullram)
Guess what? 680 HOURS OF USAGE AND SWITCHED ON 95 TIMES. what the hell? How is that possible? especially since i have only had it for one evening? im sure i have been given a display piece. Can someone please tell me what i should do now?

Similar thing happened to a friend of mine. His PV8 was purchased from eZone. He reverted to them immediately seeing it had 1000 hrs on it. They were bewildered as to where he got the usage data.
Anyway, they insisted that they have shipped a new piece and that the demo piece was still in the showroom - however, after a bit of pushing around, they agreed to replace and sent another set within a week. This one was brand new.

hey dudes,
I have a sad sad story to tell...had been dreaming of my very own Panasonic TH-42PV8 for about 3 months. Finally found myself in Vijay Sales Mumbai (Goregaon East) and purchased it for the low low price of Rs. 40,000.
Just 5 mins back i checked the usage hours on the set (thanks madbullram)
Guess what? 680 HOURS OF USAGE AND SWITCHED ON 95 TIMES. what the hell? How is that possible? especially since i have only had it for one evening? im sure i have been given a display piece. Can someone please tell me what i should do now?

Lefty dont be silent go to the dealer and shout u r point. This is a common practice and many have got replacement. Also, take a photo of the Menu with a Newspaper next to it. So that the photo is sure taken on a particular date . It will be useful if you go to consumer court later.

Hey guys,
Thank you for your speeds response.
Taking a pic of the usage hours with a newspaper alongside was pure genius.
Good news! Those SOB's at Vijay Sales replaced the set. :eek:hyeah:
Thankfully this is a brand new piece.
So looks like all's well that ends well. Can't wait to complete 100 hours of burn in time....Gots to plug in me Xbox. 42" here i come!!!

CONGRATS!!!

I think the thread is achieving the main purpose now, ensuring none of us are cheated with display pieces.

High time you guys give me a TREAT! for saving 40ks :yahoo::clapping:

Hi,

All PV8 owners of this forum owe a treat to Madbullram. Excellent tip! madbullram.:yahoo:

regards

MBE, Good on ya mate!! You just saved me from buying a used/display PV8.

I totally second that. If you're even in Mumbai...beers r on me. :clapping:

...and if you are in Bangalore...beers are on me.

Here is my story...

I bought a PV8 last week inspite of the newer versions being launched. This was mainly because there were so many satisfied customers on the forum as well as in my friend's circle. Also, I am not a big fan of the glossy piano finish that is available in the newer models.

My PV8 was delivered by Adishwars and I was shocked to see that the packing had been opened before. This, inspite of requesting the sales chap that I want a sealed piece. The Panasonic personnel who came to fit it also was not sure. He said that sometimes, they are opened before delivery for "Checking". I also noticed that there were some slight scratches near the area where the bracket is fitted. When we switched the TV on, I switched on the PC and followed instructions mentioned by MBR and as expected the TV was a used one. The Panasonic personnel wanted to know how I did it and I gave him this link.

Here is what I saw on screen:
DSC06797.jpg

This is interpreted as: "The TV has been on for 430.30 hours and switched on 184 times:sad:

I called up the sales chap immediately and he assured me that it cannot be the case. I told him I could prove it and after a little bit of threatening to go to media etc, he said that there has been a mistake and he will give me a new piece but he did not have another PV8 and would need to arrange from somewhere. I told him not to waste my time and asked him to give me the next model which is 42C10D. He spoke to his manager and agreed to give me that although it was 2k more:clapping:. The sales chap asked me how to find out, but I did not part with the secret:eek:hyeah:

Has anyone tried this on any of the subsequent models. I am yet to try this on my 42C10D as it has not been fixed yet as my Home Theater is not yet completed and I am afraid we might damage it.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back