Pv8 it is....

Hey Srikar,

Why did you choose the PV8 when the C10 is available at almost same price and has much better power saving capabilities?

Is it because of the better SD quality? Did you check them side by side and found the C10 inferior in SD?

Sorry if it is already posted, Did not go through the whole thread..

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for the wishes.

@ skumar -may be a media player or a BDP:) Seems JVC has released a BDP which can play mkv files.Any thoughts guys?

After a few days the Tatasky pictures has improved a lot and i think after some more ,the Plasma may come very close to my Panny CRT.

Edit: @ Blasto- No i have not taken a demo of C10. I went with the PV8 for the simple reason that it has a proven record.

cheers,
sri

Last edited:
Hai Srikarkav,

Congrats man, my BB conn is down, so came across your posting just now. Will visit some time later.

N.Murali

Congratzzz on the new purchase...I own a Panny 50" Plasma for about 6-7 months and I am exteremely happy with the performance..I use WD TV (Western Digital Media Player) to play HD content and its a wonderful experience....

congratulations, welcome to the plasma family :) hope you enjoy the set for years.

And vortex, motion blur is usually a problem only on LCDs, and that too the older ones, following the cricket ball is not a problem on a plasma.....although the crappy DTH signal might interfere somewhat with your viewing pleasure.

Congrats Srini. I am so glad you are loving it :). Ensure you follow my settings and for PV8 to get the best out of it. Answering few Qs.

1. A DVD re-encoded should not have any PQ difference if quality settings was same. For example, my T2 original dual DVD is around 6GB which I rencoded to H264/MKV and iuts 2.4 gb at 59% quality. The difference between DVD and this is nothing. Both are same.

2. In Oppo u have the best upscaling DVD,

3. I use WDTV for all my DVDs also, I rip my DVD and watch through WD as it has better upscaling then my Philips DVD. 720p content on WDTV are amazing through PV8.

4. I did get around 4 PV8 for my friends at 39k net with 0% EMI scheme at Chandra Electronics. Hamsaveni was not able to match them so went with them. This price is without exchange. With exchange reduce 3 to 6k depending on the TV

Hope it helps :)

Hi ram,

Thats a great price.:)Lucky friends indeed. Yes i have set the PV8 as per ur tips
and its turning out to be a nice decision to go with the PV8.Thanks again.
And for the record and reminding you for the second time:lol: i am Sridhar and not srini:signthankspin:

cheers,
sri

congratulations, welcome to the plasma family :) hope you enjoy the set for years.

And vortex, motion blur is usually a problem only on LCDs, and that too the older ones, following the cricket ball is not a problem on a plasma.....although the crappy DTH signal might interfere somewhat with your viewing pleasure.

Psychotropic - I really do hope so. Till date, I have found no TV - LCD/Plasma which matches a CRT TV in terms of delivering cricket action.

I would love to know if people with a long history of owning CRT (and watching cricket) are happy with Plasma TVs.

I would love to know if people with a long history of owning CRT (and watching cricket) are happy with Plasma TVs.
I graduated from a couple of 14" CRTs and a 21" CRT that I viewed earlier. Watched a lot of cricket on all of them.

The PV8 cricket experience with TataSky is wonderful. My normal viewing distance is a minimum of 8ft.

I graduated from a couple of 14" CRTs and a 21" CRT that I viewed earlier. Watched a lot of cricket on all of them.

The PV8 cricket experience with TataSky is wonderful. My normal viewing distance is a minimum of 8ft.

Panasonics add a bluish tint to the green which oversaturates the grass colour. Samsung B450 is more accurate.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back