Q Acoustics 3030i or Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2

SanVJ

I'm really confused between Q Acoustics 3030i speakers and Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2 speakers. I'll be using them in a small bedroom 12×12. My usage will be 50% music and 50% movies.

I have a Fosi BT20A amp. I'll be buying Marantz PM6007 after buying speakers.

Please suggest which one of these speakers should I choose or suggest if there are any other options under 32k.

Thanks in advance

I'm really confused between Q Acoustics 3030i speakers and Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2 speakers. I'll be using them in a small bedroom 12×12. My usage will be 50% music and 50% movies.

I have a Fosi BT20A amp. I'll be buying Marantz PM6007 after buying speakers.

Please suggest which one of these speakers should I choose or suggest if there are any other options under 32k.

Thanks in advance
Thats an interesting choice of options - a 5 incher vs a 6.5 inch. If it's 50:50 usage, it's mostly a no brainer for the speaker with the larger driver (3030i) since it'll have better bass response.

Instead, consider the B6.2 which is 6.5 inch as well and you'll have a more even but tougher choice.

Thats an interesting choice of options - a 5 incher vs a 6.5 inch. If it's 50:50 usage, it's mostly a no brainer for the speaker with the larger driver (3030i) since it'll have better bass response.

Instead, consider the B6.2 which is 6.5 inch as well and you'll have a more even but tougher choice.
I choose the B5.2 because of the price and front port.

The elac to shine need a really good and powerful amp. Marantz could drive it but not to it's potential, in my opinion. So if you are firm on buying the marantz then go for the QA. However if you can get a more ballzy amp then do consider the elac.

MaSh

The elac to shine need a really good and powerful amp. Marantz could drive it but not to it's potential, in my opinion. So if you are firm on buying the marantz then go for the QA. However if you can get a more ballzy amp then do consider the elac.

MaSh
I have Elac B5. 2 and am considering replacing my Cambridge Audio CA351a with Acoustic Portrait Swara v2, going for audition today. In terms of the bass, I have a subwoofer to take care of it.

I have Elac B5. 2 and am considering replacing my Cambridge Audio CA351a with Acoustic Portrait Swara v2, going for audition today. In terms of the bass, I have a subwoofer to take care of it.
Oh wonderful. Do post your impressions here. Those elacs are famous for their bass. Do check if there is an improvement when driven by the AP amp. Try out all the amps available if possible.

MaSh

MaSh
Plus 1
The Elacs debut line speakers are a different beast altogether when driven by powerful amps. Marantz even 8xxx series amps aren’t good enough for them(in my own experience).
For me , the combination of a DynacoPas3 vintage tube preamp and the powerful DD power amp has brought out what these speakers can really do. Without any subwoofer in my room , the bass I get is rich , deep and layered (be that from a trumpet or even a flute ) or from the vocals of Kishore or Hemant Kumar. Of course the source and room matters a lot , but for the Elacs, these are not possible with a Marantz 8xxx int amp for sure.

It's because I'm getting the 3030is for 32k but the B6.2 is 35K.
In that case, do try the PSB Alpha P5 if you are looking sub 30K as they are very easy to drive and don't need a high end or powerful amp to do their thing, They sound very good even with entry level gear such as my Marantz PM6006 and SMSL DA9.
Looking forward to your listening impressions! :)

In that case, do try the PSB Alpha P5 if you are looking sub 30K as they are very easy to drive and don't need a high end or powerful amp to do their thing, They sound very good even with entry level gear such as my Marantz PM6006 and SMSL DA9.

Looking forward to your listening impressions! :)

Oh wonderful. Do post your impressions here. Those elacs are famous for their bass. Do check if there is an improvement when driven by the AP amp. Try out all the amps available if possible.

MaSh
I came back from the Acoustic Portrait auditions earlier today. I had taken my Elac 2.0 B5.2 speakers with me to see how they played with the Acoustic Portrait Swara v2 integrated amp.
First I heard the AP bookshelf speakers themselves to get an understanding of how they sound in their home environment. They were well rounded and had great bass and soundstage as well.
I listened to Dire Straits, some Jazz and Eric Clapton.
Thereafter I switched the speakers to Elac. I had already heard them with the Cambridge Audio at home, where I found the music to be transparent, even bright. Here it seemed like the sharp edges had been smoothened out, great soundstage and bass. I don't think I'd really need my subwoofer with the Swara, the bass was enough to meet my requirement. I did not find a major difference in sound from the AP bookshelves themselves, maybe a tad brighter. The Swara v2 Integrated amp looks great, has a volume knob and power button. They also give a remote with it, which has volume and source changer control(didn't see a source control on the amp itself) - though I felt that the remote quality was more like that of one of the cheap soundbars(can be ignored if you're after the music).
I also heard their floorstander speakers with the pre and power amp, this is an amazing combination once again. Great soundstage, rounded high frequencies and I could hear the fingers on the guitar strings.
All in all, I'm convinced that the Swara v2 amp is a good match for the Elac B5.2s. Going to place my order with AP. They also promised a pre out for my sub woofer on the amp as well, at an additional cost.
Overall, an enjoyable and fruitful music filled day.

I came back from the Acoustic Portrait auditions earlier today. I had taken my Elac 2.0 B5.2 speakers with me to see how they played with the Acoustic Portrait Swara v2 integrated amp.
First I heard the AP bookshelf speakers themselves to get an understanding of how they sound in their home environment. They were well rounded and had great bass and soundstage as well.
I listened to Dire Straits, some Jazz and Eric Clapton.
Thereafter I switched the speakers to Elac. I had already heard them with the Cambridge Audio at home, where I found the music to be transparent, even bright. Here it seemed like the sharp edges had been smoothened out, great soundstage and bass. I don't think I'd really need my subwoofer with the Swara, the bass was enough to meet my requirement. I did not find a major difference in sound from the AP bookshelves themselves, maybe a tad brighter. The Swara v2 Integrated amp looks great, has a volume knob and power button. They also give a remote with it, which has volume and source changer control(didn't see a source control on the amp itself) - though I felt that the remote quality was more like that of one of the cheap soundbars(can be ignored if you're after the music).
I also heard their floorstander speakers with the pre and power amp, this is an amazing combination once again. Great soundstage, rounded high frequencies and I could hear the fingers on the guitar strings.
All in all, I'm convinced that the Swara v2 amp is a good match for the Elac B5.2s. Going to place my order with AP. They also promised a pre out for my sub woofer on the amp as well, at an additional cost.
Overall, an enjoyable and fruitful music filled day.
That's wonderful. Yes those speakers have great bass. If the amp can deliver enough power, then there is no need of a sub.

MaSh

After watching some YouTube videos, I find the Q Acoustics 3030i to be a little big for my room.

And for the Elac 2 B5.2, I didn't like the sound of it(Based on YouTube Videos). So I ditched both and ordered Q Acoustics 3020i.

Thanks to HiFiMart Anil for the offer.

After watching some YouTube videos, I find the Q Acoustics 3030i to be a little big for my room.

And for the Elac 2 B5.2, I didn't like the sound of it(Based on YouTube Videos). So I ditched both and ordered Q Acoustics 3020i.

To my surprise I received below email from HiFiMart. So now I have to cancel my order 🤦. I ordered Black finish.

"The Q Acoustics 3020i Bookshelf Speakers (pair) is only available in Wanlut finish. Please confirm if can ship the Walnut finish or should we cancel your order?"

To my surprise I received below email from HiFiMart. So now I have to cancel my order 🤦. I ordered Black finish.

"The Q Acoustics 3020i Bookshelf Speakers (pair) is only available in Wanlut finish. Please confirm if can ship the Walnut finish or should we cancel your order?"
Walnut looks good. Go for it

In what way do you feel 3030i is big for your room?

Check whether they have 3030i in the colour of your choice?

MaSh

In what way do you feel 3030i is big for your room?
It's very deep. I have to place it very close to the wall to fit it on my TV unit and probably have to use port bungs to avoid boomy bass.

So I figured that 3020i would be better fit for my needs.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back