Q Acoustics vs Dali

I’m using Dali Zensor7s & vocal whome I bought without auditioning as there were none for demo. Didn’t regret as they never felt underperforming. But reviews are mixed. Somehow Zensor5s are well regarded than 7s!! Which ever brand you buy, only a suitable avr can bring them to life. And once you buy a pair of them, there seems to be a “timbre match” factor. So I ended up buying zensor3s to go well with the rest and later 2 pairs of phantom E-80 for Dolby Atmos. Even Dali sub is too good but I went with velodyneEQmax15 as there was no 15” in Dali. So if you start with a brand, then it’s better to stick to same. Atleast that’s my personal opinion! Someone please comment on this “timbre match”. Or can we hand pick the best in class from various brands?
Thanks for your insightful answer..

Hi folks

I am in double mind between q acoustics soon to be launched 3030i and dali opticon 2
both bookshelf speakers. I already have a svs sb 1000 woofer in my existing system, comprising of wharfedale diamond 11.4 and CA NP and power Amp, so I can use these speakers in my main set up or may choose to set up a new independent system with my idle nad c368 integrated Amp, to be bought TT and the bs spks. Which one do you think I shoild go for with the following parameters:

I listen to literally all genres
If I put this in TT I wd b listening mostly to rock and Indian classical
I am not willing to remove my floorstanders. So either this wd b second speakers with woofers in theakn system or an entirely independent system for TT.

Would love to pick ur brains.
Thanks for reading.
Prasoon

Planning to buy a 5.1 set up between Dali & Q Acoustics. But utterly confused what I choose? Dali has several series speakers & Q Acuostics too. Who sounds best and well accepted by listeners? Asking the honourable forum members to give their unbiased opinions....Thanks
I have owned a Dali (zensor 5) and have upgraded to q acoustics concept 500..both are extremely good value for money brands. Zensor for its price is superb for its bass and it's detail. The concept 500s are the flagship model and are the best speakers I have ever liked.
Dali's have a low sensitivity and need little more power to get their full performance. Both are superb brands. Audition both with your amp/DAC/source, and pick the ones you like the most.

I have owned a Dali (zensor 5) and have upgraded to q acoustics concept 500..both are extremely good value for money brands. Zensor for its price is superb for its bass and it's detail. The concept 500s are the flagship model and are the best speakers I have ever liked.
Dali's have a low sensitivity and need little more power to get their full performance. Both are superb brands. Audition both with your amp/DAC/source, and pick the ones you like the most.
Thanks brother....I already purchased Q Acoustics 3050i 5.1 set up with Marantz 6013

The concept 500 is one hell of an upgrade !! I have the younger sibling - the Q3050i incredible floorstanders!
Thanks brother....I already purchased Q Acoustics 3050i 5.1 set up with Marantz 6013
Congrats on this good combination. Welcome to the world of QA

I choose Concept 500s over every high end speakers I auditioned.. they are magical, very revealing and overall the best of the best

Fantastic towers and total vfm. They are very revealing however I quickly realised that I'd have to rob a bank to get hold of those beasts :D hifimart selling them for 409,900 INR. Luckily for me some of the technology in this speaker has been used in the Q3050i. As is known in the world of hifi, 'garbage in garbage out' hence the source is most vital and every link in the Concept 500 chain would have to be high-end for perfect synchronization.

congrats on your purchase. The QA 3050is are terrific floorstanders and the VFM king in that price bracket. Which speakers in the QA line up did you go with for the rear surrounds? for the subwoofer, did you go with the QA 3060S or the QB12?

Dali is more versatile which suits almost the genres of music, Q Acoustics are on the warmer side and might sound just a bit dull when paired wrong.. so if auditioning is not possible go for Dali

Hi everyone. I've bought the QA 3020i's, 3090ci and 3010i's for my 5.1 setup. Now, I am planning to buy in-ceiling speakers to complete my 5.1.4 setup. Which brand timbre-matches well with QA? I've been considering the Polk RC60i's by default. Would they go well with my setup?

Planning to buy a 5.1 set up between Dali & Q Acoustics. But utterly confused what I choose? Dali has several series speakers & Q Acuostics too. Who sounds best and well accepted by listeners? Asking the honourable forum members to give their unbiased opinions....Thanks
Hi I have dali speakers and also have listened to q acoustics.i feel dali has better clarity of vocals especially the centre speaker and bass is v deep .for a bigger room dali is best.

Hi I have dali speakers and also have listened to q acoustics.i feel dali has better clarity of vocals especially the centre speaker and bass is v deep .for a bigger room dali is best.
Hi Girish,
Which Dali speakers are you using & what is your room size. Thanks.

Regards.

Nice to hear to buy new HT... As u see both brand n model have their own quality of sound at the end u r the listener so trust ur ears & have more home auditions before u buy.. as every location have their own drawback so not sure of u placement of the speaker so better u can have home audition & decide ur favorite brand.
foremost u need to choose driver Ie AVR select better AVR & then go for the speaker package..
my interest in any condition Maranz 5013/5014 or 6013/6014 will be good. Denon 3600/2600 which all these are 2019 models but 2020 are same but only 8K is major addition WRT sound allr same. only u need to pay more for 8k..

Hi everyone. I've bought the QA 3020i's, 3090ci and 3010i's for my 5.1 setup. Now, I am planning to buy in-ceiling speakers to complete my 5.1.4 setup. Which brand timbre-matches well with QA? I've been considering the Polk RC60i's by default. Would they go well with my setup?
Timbre match is more relevant only for LCR. Don't worry about surrounds and in-ceiling speakers that much. Chance of vocal or specific instrument tone panning across all the speaker is very less.

Nice to hear to buy new HT... As u see both brand n model have their own quality of sound at the end u r the listener so trust ur ears & have more home auditions before u buy.. as every location have their own drawback so not sure of u placement of the speaker so better u can have home audition & decide ur favorite brand.
foremost u need to choose driver Ie AVR select better AVR & then go for the speaker package..
my interest in any condition Maranz 5013/5014 or 6013/6014 will be good. Denon 3600/2600 which all these are 2019 models but 2020 are same but only 8K is major addition WRT sound allr same. only u need to pay more for 8k..
Major problem is, we unable to locate 3600 or 2600 anywhere. We are able to find 1600h or 2018/2017 models only, at least in Denon. Marantz's story is totally different.

Major problem is, we unable to locate 3600 or 2600 anywhere. We are able to find 1600h or 2018/2017 models only, at least in Denon. Marantz's story is totally different.
then dealers not promoting old models due the new models price increased, may be margined high or new model promotion i guess. check HIfi mart online or AVstore or ooberpads.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back