Q Acoustics vs Dali

Planning to buy a 5.1 set up between Dali & Q Acoustics. But utterly confused what I choose? Dali has several series speakers & Q Acuostics too. Who sounds best and well accepted by listeners? Asking the honourable forum members to give their unbiased opinions....Thanks

I have been using QAcountics 3020i central and Front LR bookshelf speakers and are great.
sound performance is good for decent sized rooms and the Front LR can play decent bass as well.
These are best rated on Whathifi as well.

and the best part is how they look. soooo stylish and soooo modern..

Planning to buy a 5.1 set up between Dali & Q Acoustics. But utterly confused what I choose? Dali has several series speakers & Q Acuostics too. Who sounds best and well accepted by listeners? Asking the honourable forum members to give their unbiased opinions....Thanks
Both companies are great in producing some great products, what I love about QAcoustics is their speaker design :cool:

Both brands are well regarded and have their own followers. Since you are looking for a complete 5.1 package, I would be tempted towards Dali because of its better sub and centre, specially if you would be considering floorstanders for your front left and right.

Take your time...take audition as much as possible ...all the best for your journey...

Cheers
Siju

Both are respected brands. If possible pls hear them personally. You may first need to decide whether you need bookshelf or floor standing speakers as per your room size.
I have the Dali Oberon 1 as front & surrounds with the Oberon Vokal as the center speaker . They sound surprisingly large for their size in my room ( 14 ft L X 11 ft W X 11 ft H). But for the speaker size I do have a subwoofer to make up for the bass. The clarity is very good. Going to the floor standers, the Oberon 5 & qaccoustics 3050i are the contenders. Pls do consider Elac, Quad & castle knight speakers too.
The good thing about Dali is that they are non fussy speakers with no need of any toeing in. I have not heard Qaccoustics so cannot comment on them but Newlash on the forum has the 3050i. You can ask him about them.

If you are considering the entry to mid segment speakers than Dali Zenser and Q Acoustic 3xxxx series are favorites amount the forum members. Personally I have auditioned Dali Zenser 7 and Q Acoustic 3050i. To my experience Q Acoustic 3050i was more musical than Zenser7 with tight and agile bass. It doesn't mean Dali Zenser 7 was behind, it has it's own merits but I found it little bright and brittle on high volume. Details retrieval was better on Dali. I prefer warm sound with tight and agile low end which was more suited characters to Q Acoustic 3050i. Any way both are above average on performance scale and will definitely entertain you for longer time.

As advised by others, both are good strong brands and there is mixed reviews and feedback.....end of the day you need to trust your ears and preferences as you will be the end user....no point regretting hasty purchases made....take your time to audition, see YouTube videos and read reviews then make the final purchase....pairing it to the right AVR and model also matters as some speaker brands are fussy!

Both are respected brands. If possible pls hear them personally. You may first need to decide whether you need bookshelf or floor standing speakers as per your room size.
I have the Dali Oberon 1 as front & surrounds with the Oberon Vokal as the center speaker . They sound surprisingly large for their size in my room ( 14 ft L X 11 ft W X 11 ft H). But for the speaker size I do have a subwoofer to make up for the bass. The clarity is very good. Going to the floor standers, the Oberon 5 & qaccoustics 3050i are the contenders. Pls do consider Elac, Quad & castle knight speakers too.
The good thing about Dali is that they are non fussy speakers with no need of any toeing in. I have not heard Qaccoustics so cannot comment on them but Newlash on the forum has the 3050i. You can ask him about them.
My room is 17/11. For the front L/R, I will go for floor standees.

Thanks for your insightful answer. By the way,what is your amp?

Thanks for your insightful answer. By the way,what is your amp?

Most welcome Dibyendu, my receiver is the Marantz SR 7011. The Dali & Marantz pair well. Due to room size constraint ,I have wall mounted them. Otherwise maybe I would have gone for Elac. Pls do consider Elac too. The new reference series speakers by Andrew Jones have got good reviews. I had really liked the Elac Debut 5 & 6 for music since they sounded more warmer to me but they were big & were standmounts. I heard the Elacs at the dealer's proper soundproofed room. Where as my room which is the main reason, has a lot of reflections & other anomalies which makes the sound a little brighter
Though IMHO, I felt the Dali has more clarity & openness in the same range considering its size.

Last edited:
No one but your ears can tell you which one sounds best to you. You have not mentioned what price range you are looking at, nor have you mentioned the models being compared.

Audition models from both the brands with your amp and pick the one that sounds best to you.

MaSh

No one but your ears can tell you which one sounds best to you. You have not mentioned what price range you are looking at, nor have you mentioned the models being compared.

Audition models from both the brands with your amp and pick the one that sounds best to you.

MaSh
Thanks.....Dali OBERON/ Q Acoustics3050i

Forum members will provide their opinion but the decision has to be yours. You can listen to both in the city, go to Harmonie to listen to QAcoustics if you have not already, visit Auditro or SKS for Dalis. I personally prefer Dali and it pairs very well with Marantz, you should be able to see it from my signature.
Again give both of these an extensive listen and decide for yourself.

Forum members will provide their opinion but the decision has to be yours. You can listen to both in the city, go to Harmonie to listen to QAcoustics if you have not already, visit Auditro or SKS for Dalis. I personally prefer Dali and it pairs very well with Marantz, you should be able to see it from my signature.
Again give both of these an extensive listen and decide for yourself.
Thanks for your reply. Can I get your cell no? Mine is 9932764433

Give the Klipsch entry level series a good listen. Floorstanders, when used with an AVR and a sub, will be setup as "Small". So, I would rather get bookshelves and invest more on a sub. It isn't absolutely necessary to have a sub from the same brand as the other speakers.

Give the Klipsch entry level series a good listen. Floorstanders, when used with an AVR and a sub, will be setup as "Small". So, I would rather get bookshelves and invest more on a sub. It isn't absolutely necessary to have a sub from the same brand as the other speakers.
Which series in particular?

I’m using Dali Zensor7s & vocal whome I bought without auditioning as there were none for demo. Didn’t regret as they never felt underperforming. But reviews are mixed. Somehow Zensor5s are well regarded than 7s!! Which ever brand you buy, only a suitable avr can bring them to life. And once you buy a pair of them, there seems to be a “timbre match” factor. So I ended up buying zensor3s to go well with the rest and later 2 pairs of phantom E-80 for Dolby Atmos. Even Dali sub is too good but I went with velodyneEQmax15 as there was no 15” in Dali. So if you start with a brand, then it’s better to stick to same. Atleast that’s my personal opinion! Someone please comment on this “timbre match”. Or can we hand pick the best in class from various brands?

I’m using Dali Zensor7s & vocal whome I bought without auditioning as there were none for demo. Didn’t regret as they never felt underperforming. But reviews are mixed. Somehow Zensor5s are well regarded than 7s!! Which ever brand you buy, only a suitable avr can bring them to life. And once you buy a pair of them, there seems to be a “timbre match” factor. So I ended up buying zensor3s to go well with the rest and later 2 pairs of phantom E-80 for Dolby Atmos. Even Dali sub is too good but I went with velodyneEQmax15 as there was no 15” in Dali. So if you start with a brand, then it’s better to stick to same. Atleast that’s my personal opinion! Someone please comment on this “timbre match”. Or can we hand pick the best in class from various brands?
Have you heard Q Acoustics? What’s your opinion about Dali OBERON?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back