Q acoustics vs psb

Kartiknibjiya

Hi friends,

I am setting up a 5.1.4 home theatre in a dedicated room in my new flat with Dolby Atmos. Room size is 14.5ft x 10.5ft and height till false ceiling is 8.5ft. Screen will be on wall measuring 10.5ft. My purpose for home theatre is for viewing 70% movies or live sports screening and rest 30% music.

Here in my city pune, I had a chance to take demo of 3-4 brands out of which I liked the sound of PSB Imagine X2T floor standing speakers with a pair of Imagine XB bookshelf speaker at rears and a single Imagine XC centre speaker with PSB sub200 subwoofer and PSB cwr 80r (in ceiling speaker double pair for DOLBY Atmos).

Secondly, at a different demo centre, I also heard the sound of Q Acoustics 3050 floor standing speakers with 3010 bookshelf pair at rear with 3090c centre speaker and 3070s subwoofer and QI65C (in-ceiling speaker double pair for DOLBY Atmos)

I wish to pair the above speakers with Denon AVR X2200. Is my decision to go with PSB/Q acoustics + Denon X2200-W right ??

Since I heard the Q acoustics and PSB Imagine speakers at different demo centre, I am a little confused as to which brand of speaker should I go with ? Please kindly help !

Hi Kartiknibjiya

What price you've been quoted for PSB. Where did you audition the QAs. When I went around no one had 3050 for demo. You may look at my thread. I have also auditioned few floorstanders and looking to build a 5.1 set up. May be we can look at doing a joint deal to get a better price.

Psb imagine x2t - 118125
Xc - 36000
Xb - 45000

Q acoustics 3050 had a demo at oceanic in camp.

I m really confused as to take which speaker ??

PSB X2t - 118000

q ACOUSTICS 3050 at oceanic (camp). They have this 3050 FS available for DEMO

Yes, we can go together for better deal.

Hi

If you have decided to go for one of these brands then compare basis operating frequencies, output, performance for music + movies and appearance....warranty also plays an important role....

Have you explored other brands? With the kind of money you are spending, I am sure there are other brands (higher models) which can be worth it....

All the best...trust your ears and instinct as you are the end user.

Friends, please reply.. out of q acoustics 3050, psb imagine x2t, elac debut f6, tannoy revolution xt8f, dali zensor 7 and monitor audio bronze bx6; which speaker should i choose for my 5.1.4 setup ?? My priority is 70% movies and 30% music... Really really confused...

I have full PSB X2T setup including subseries 200 subwoofer - cost me 195k inclusive of taxes. (minus Dolby Atmos speakers)
Denon X2200W is low powered for this setup. You need to get x3200w, better yet x4200w.
I would say Dali Zensor 7 comes close to this setup but atleast 40k less.
From my personal experience, PSB, Dali are better than Q-Acoustics.

Sir, with regards to psb imagine x2t or dali zensor 7.. which is better for movies ? Which is more clearer and more punchier for movies ? Any drawbacks of psb x2t and dali zensor 7??

My personal experience....PSB is any day better than Q accoustics. Dali's are bright and sometimes lacks punch...

I have PSB's floorstanders Synchrony series.

Friends, please suggest me which AVR to go with for 5.2.4 config with PSB X2T floorstander, XB bookshelves, XC centre and 2 pairs of inceiling 80CWR ?

Suggest me out of Denon or Yamaha only !

the x2200 from denon would be minimum @ mrp of 74k
the x3200 would maybe do better justice though at mrp 110k

consider a 10% discount on above prices

My room size is 14.5ft x 10.5 ft

Will PSB Imagine X2T be very big for my room to sound not as great as in large room or will it just be sufficient enough to shine in its full glory ?

For your room size you may look at bookshelf plus sub. PSB are difficult to drive. Consider Tannoy Mercury series plus denon 2200

This is my first post in the forum. You can consider me to be a newbie to the hifi world. But, after having experimented with 3 different HT systems in a identical 14 X 11 feet room. Below were my personal experiences :

Floor standers + Sub = Excellent for music. I have been struggling to find a cross over point for my satellite + sub system ( Q acoustics Q7000i) to sound sweet on rowdy & boisterous tracks. They sound very good on most numbers, and especially revealing and melodic on slow classical or jazz music. But, up the tempo to rowdy rock music. And you can hear the gaping sonic hole.

Given the size of the room, a satellite system would be ideal and prevent bass boom. The surround effects will have more clarity and sound steering more evident. But, will not be the most musical system.

So, depending on your weightage for music and movies, you can decide what you want.

I started with floorstanders with built-in subs to match my 4K 65 inch TV. But the sound was too boomy for music, though excellent for movies. So, now I have shifted musical duties to my dining room, with 2 floorstanders - Cheap Audiopro FS + Bluesound powernode + Q 7000 Sub. Now both my movie setup ( Sony STR-DN 850 + Qacoustics Q7000i ) and music setup, sound really really good.

Hi Karthik,

Can you please post the above pic again with better clarity. As the markings in the present one are too faint to make out clearly. Thanks

I've PSB X2Ts for my stereo setup and they kiss @$$. The sound is full with a punchy and accurate base, with decent highs. You can listen to these for long hours with no fatigue.

I've PSB X2Ts for my stereo setup and they kiss @$$. The sound is full with a punchy and accurate base, with decent highs. You can listen to these for long hours with no fatigue.
Maybe you meant kick @$$!
Cheers,
Sid

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back