Qed,DAC or any other co-axial cable?

spirovious

Hi,

I need decent co-axial cable for HT setup.(DVD to AVR)
Coaxial should carry balanced sound.i.e.Tonal quality.
Bass proper & Treble not too harsh,vocals warm.

It depends on how much you wish to spend. Generally a minimum length of 1.5metres is recommended for coaxial digital cable (you can browse several audiophile websites to find out why technically). I used a van den Hul cable for a few years and recently changed to a Stereovox cable which is an exemplary cable and may cost you close to US$200. The Stereovox is considered one of the best digital cables in the world and value for money but I don't know whether anyone sells in India.
Just to illustrate, all other things remaining the same, I can now hear thunder sounding right from the ceiling while playing DVD movies after the Stereovox came into my system.
Choose wisely. Good luck.

> murali

Just to illustrate, all other things remaining the same, I can now hear thunder sounding right from the ceiling while playing DVD movies after the Stereovox came into my system.

Murali I am curious. With the same DVD, AVR and sub woofer you could hear the thunder from the ceiling with a Stereovox cable and not with a VDH?

Cheers

Yes indeed. You can read about Stereovox cables in several audiophile forums and Stereophile ranks it as one of the finest cables (even their ICs and speaker cables) and the best value for money. VdH cables are good and I had used not only their digital coaxial but also some of their ICs and speaker cables and find them good but not in the same league as Audioquest, Kimber, Stereovox etc. By the way, Kimber as well as Nordost also make excellent digital cables but in that regime, price becomes a major factor.
FYI, I use the following cables in my system now:
CDP-to-preamp - Unbalanced AQ Cheetah 72V dbs; Preamp-to-power amp - AQ Cheetah balanced 72V dbs; AQ Volcano double biwire speaker cables with 72V dbs; XLO-REL special cables for high level connections between power amp and Rel subs; DVD player-to-Surround processor - Stereovox digital cable and Supra AV3 component video cables; Processor-to-multichannel amp - several assorted cables (front speakers ICs which are AQ King Cobra, surround ICs Townshend Isolda, Center spekaers ICs VdH The Bay); AQ Mont Blanc with 72V dbs for center speaker and Kimber KWIK-12 for surrounds.

> murali

Entangled in cables and very expensive.:cool:

Has anyone heard of Belden and how are they ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
You don't know what you miss, friend.
Belden cables are good and cheap and available in plenty especially for Do-It-Yourself cables. Try Bluejeans cables.
Good luck.

> murali

Thanks for response,

Cables suggested looks to be very costly.
I found some cables ranging Rs.1000 to 2000.Few are mentioned in my
Question.How are they?

I think of buying in AV exhibition on !& Oct.

Thanks for response,
Cables suggested looks to be very costly. I found some cables ranging Rs.1000 to 2000.Few are mentioned in my Question.How are they?

I think of buying in AV exhibition on !& Oct.

QED has a number of cables for the sub you can choose from - Qunex SR-SW, Qontour MSR-SW, Qontour MP-SW. The Qunex P-SW seems to be an entry level cable and could be avoided.

At the same time, I am using DAC's AVX02W, and I am quite happy with it.

Cheers

MX makes some very very decent coaxial cables ..
They cost ~ 300-350 for a 1.5 M length
Do take a look at them before you deciede to plonk your money on something substantially more expensive

As a subwofer cable.
Aren't subwoofer cables also 75ohm coax? Can this DAC cable be used as a Digital Audio Coax too?

MX makes some very very decent coaxial cables ..
They cost ~ 300-350 for a 1.5 M length
Do take a look at them before you deciede to plonk your money on something substantially more expensive
Are they availabe online?

Aren't subwoofer cables also 75ohm coax? Can this DAC cable be used as a Digital Audio Coax too?

Yes they are, and can be used as digital coax. The only difference maybe that some companies provide an additional shield on the subwoofer cable to avoid humming.

Cheers

You don't know what you miss, friend.
Belden cables are good and cheap and available in plenty especially for Do-It-Yourself cables. Try Bluejeans cables.
Good luck.

> murali

Thanks murali,

I drove down to bangalore to pick these,
the shop was closed. And I went to vector and picked 14G Dac speaker cables for 120/mt.

I got monster 4 mt subwoofer cable at sonodyne for 3.5k at MRP, no discounts.

At croma I got profigold HDMI cable and audio interconnect. 2.5k and 1k each.

Hey Pradski,

If you have bought the 14g for Rs. 120 you have been grossly overcharged. I bought it for Rs. 85 (increased from Rs 76) fron Vector Hyderabad. Bought 6m for Rs. 510. He cannot charge just like that or any reason. Please check with him again. I know you would have looked and checked but is it by any chance 12g or some extra special features/technologies on that cable.

It should be some special thing, Vector are very decent guys when charging.

HI,

Shuvc, anooj,

I spoke to him so much and mentioned about Vector hyd and srinivas still he told me that is the price.

It is DAC 14G only.

Initially he said 120 per meter and plus tax.

Finally I bought 50 mts for Rs. 6000

hi spirovious!
you may check these out, they are very good ones
THE CHORD COMPANY

Hi,
Today I visited AV exhibition,I was getting chord company cable for
Rs.1300 (1500 mrp)

Is it ok?Do you use the same?I was told that only one type of coaxial is maid by Chord.

Other cables offered were-

Vanden Hull, Staight wires, DAC, Positive

Which is best for coaxial?

Last edited:
Well pradski, forget and enjoy your system.I believe by only one funda - the money I feel is lost in one trade gained in some other.

Forget it yaar, i relaised I lost pretty good money when setting my system[PC]. I had only to wait a month to get a twice powerful system in the same price. I just miscalculated.

well enjoy ur system and rest else.

Hi,
Today I visited AV exhibition,I was getting chord company cable for
Rs.1300 (1500 mrp)

Is it ok?Do you use the same?I was told that only one type of coaxial is maid by Chord.

Other cables offered were-

Vanden Hull, Staight wires, DAC, Positive

Which is best for coaxial?
Hi, There are two types of digital cables available by Chords pls see below:
* Chord Signature Digital
* Chord Prodac Pro Digital
Pls do adv as which one you saw at the AV SHOW ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back