Quad 22L VS Monitor Audio RS8

Any way thanks for reopening a Old ( Very Old) Thread. Yes for me the Quad sounded far better then the Monitor Audio RS 6 and RS 8. But after i purchased the B&W 805N, The quad is sounding like :sad:

Hi Vijay,

Is it the bookshelf Nautilus that I see here

B&W Nautilus 805 loudspeaker Page 2 | Stereophile.com

I would be surprised and interested to know what made you to move from floor stander like 22L2 to this one?

Regards,
Shyamtanu

Trinity Sound and Vision used to sell Quads in GK 1 and has now moved to somewhere in West Delhi..... Why don't you call Denny Jose of Bass N Treble as he is an authorised dealer of Quad and is a super guy to deal with....He has just opened a showroom in Gurgaon and also has one in Dwarka where you can comfortably listen to the Quads before making a decision....

Trinity Sound and Vision used to sell Quads in GK 1 and has now moved to somewhere in West Delhi..... Why don't you call Denny Jose of Bass N Treble as he is an authorised dealer of Quad and is a super guy to deal with....He has just opened a showroom in Gurgaon and also has one in Dwarka where you can comfortably listen to the Quads before making a decision....

Thank you Panditji. Can you or someone else please post the current addresses of Trinity Sound and Vision or of Bass N Treble in Dwarka and Gurgaon and also their phone numbers, if available?

Regards.

Hi Vijay,

Is it the bookshelf Nautilus that I see here

B&W Nautilus 805 loudspeaker Page 2 | Stereophile.com

I would be surprised and interested to know what made you to move from floor stander like 22L2 to this one?

Regards,
Shyamtanu

Hi Shyamtanu
I had the same thought that the Floorstander will always sound better then the bookshelf. But I was totally wrong when I listened to few Bookshelf. If your room is small say 200-300sq feet, then the BS will sound fantastic when placed properly. After I shifted from the Quads to B&W, the sound is Day and Night and I dont feel any lack in low end either. My son is using a Dali ikon 6 and to me the Ikon 2 sounded better then the Ikon 6. Also the BS is much more faster then the Floorstanders. But you need good stands though.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back