quad 22L2 or B & W 684 speakers

Dear Ranjit,
Haha sure buddy sure but that may take a while as the prices of real estate in bbay mean my house upgrade will take much longer than i hoped and sadly so will the speaker upgrade. I do like these speakers(and i didnt pay local retail) but they never really sparkled with amps from Nad,Rotel etc(i mean the pre/powers) so if one is opting for similar u will really have to go with better, cleaner amplification.
Best regards

Hi Dinyaar,

Agree to that 100%. Currently I have a Dali, and they also need very high quality amplification.

I also am in a similar situation. Trying not to upgrade as long as I can. But the next one could be either a Plinius or Classe monoblocks :)

Regards.

Hi,
Actually any speaker will benefit with a better amp behind it. Ranjeet are u referring to the plinius Pre/powers(have not heard myself) as the integrateds from the brand didnt impress me to the point of wanting to own one. The classe were out of my budget and the monoblocs definately.

I know magazines go on about plinius as a super high end deal but the March issue of what HI FI reviewed the 9200(very favourably) and the reviewer compared it to their reference Bryston Duo(much to my surprize as its not that popular or regarded in the UK as it is in the US) and felt that the plinius was good but the bryston combo was better but at a higher price.

I dont know what Dali u have but have u tried the Primare integrated or the pre/power. I think they may not have the high end appeal( some people think its important) as yet but are super performers. I didnt suggest Bryston as now the pricing in India is a little scary.

Lastly sorry Nandkumar for me really oscillating on ur thread!

Regards

Last edited:
Thanks dinyaar for remembering me after your serious chat with other members and specially ranjeet. I had an audioned of MA rs6 with nad 352 amp, to me it sounded little boomy but over all it was ok for the PRICE (50 K speakers) but the big one MA GS 60 was truly good but it was priced 300 % more. It seems ranjeet has got a dali speakers but I dont the model and amps which he is using.

Thanks dinyaar for remembering me after your serious chat with other members and specially ranjeet. I had an audioned of MA rs6 with nad 352 amp, to me it sounded little boomy but over all it was ok for the PRICE (50 K speakers) but the big one MA GS 60 was truly good but it was priced 300 % more. It seems ranjeet has got a dali speakers but I dont the model and amps which he is using.

Hey mate,

Hou heard the MA RS6. Now hear a Dali IKON. You will be converted.

You can put a Rotel or a NAD behind the Dalis. Lovely sound buddy, you have to hear it.

Sorry to hijack your post.

Regards,
Ranjeet

I dont know what Dali u have but have u tried the Primare integrated or the pre/power. I think they may not have the high end appeal( some people think its important) as yet but are super performers. I didnt suggest Bryston as now the pricing in India is a little scary.

Primares are very nice sounding amps. Specially I31. Yeah, they are a wee bit costly.

I guess we should return the thread back to NK :)

Hi NandKumar,
Go with whatever speaker appeals to u pal. I have heard the RS 6 (albiet not extensively) but cant say i thought its boomy. Was it positioned properly and demoed? Anyway since u are auditioning, try the dali, try a Dyna and whatever else is mentioned here.
Also buying an expensive speaker( u liked the GS 60) may not be the desired end as then ur amplification will also have to be considered and u will most likely double ur budget.
Regards

Thanks, ranjeet-rain-ing for so much information on the speakers and thank you dinyaar. I am planning an auditioned of rs6, ikon 6, with nad 352,marantz 7200, advance acoustic 305, yarland value amp and oddessy.
I will come back for more rain and advice,

That sounds familiar. I'll be back :)

Awaiting your return. Take you time when auditioning. We will expect to have one paragraph review of each component you audition.

Thanks, ranjeet-rain-ing for so much information on the speakers and thank you dinyaar. I am planning an auditioned of rs6, ikon 6, with nad 352,marantz 7200, advance acoustic 305, yarland value amp and oddessy.
I will come back for more rain and advice,

Hi,
Just some thoughts on the models you mentioned. I had done some comparisons / listened to some of the components you mentioned except for the yarland amp. The nad , marantz models are quite budget. They are quite decent for the money you pay. The advance acoustic model is decent but very different sounding than the marantz and nad. But nothing great. The odyssey is a different ball game. There is a pair of 7bsst bryston monoblocks for sale in Bangalore. The owner upgraded to an odyssey stratos extreme version.

Hi square wave,
Have not heard the stratos extreme version. Would u know some specs?
If it is considered an upgrade from the 7 BSST to the stratos then it should be some amp!!!' as the 7 BSST is a 600 watt mono where as the extreme(at least what i read) is a 200 wpc stereo power amp!!!! at less than a quarter of the bryston price!!!!
REGARDS

Last edited:
The odyssey stratos is one of the bargains of the audio industry. It is a direct copy of the German audiophile brand symphonic line. For the updated specs you can check the Mexican website of odyssey. It def does not have 600 watts though, but we all know that?s just one part of the parcel. I?ve heard the stratos briefly & ve loved the sound

Dear Neo,
Ya i know of the amp being good and a real bargain. I believe the guy sells direct and hence can offer at a lower cost. Of course watts is not everything.
But even the THD figures are pretty different. The 7 BSST is a super amp. Very neutral and really robust and drives speakers like the 802(demanding speaker and can drop down to almost 2 ohms) with ease so when it was suggested that the guy is selling his pair of 7 bsst and upgrading to the stereo stratos it seems a little far fetched.

Lastly from my experience (limited as it may be) the stratos is generally compared to the Rotel RB 1080 at least in the US and u have people who are fans of both amps in the same price range.

Regards

I'm do not disagree with you at all & was just giving a bit more info.

Have not heard the bryston so can't comment further. Sorry for the confusion.
Cheers:)

Arre baba Neoji u can disagree with me!!!! its just that if the person compares it to a 2BSST(100WPC) or 3BSST(150WPC) and prefers the stratos its acceptable as its a personal choice but this comparison/upgrade!!!! with the 7BSST is like u or me in the ring with Mike Tyson!!!!!!
Anyway cheers and best regards

Last edited:
But I seriously wasn’t:), in fact I’m a bit surprised as well with the switch.

Last edited:
Dear Neo,
I know u didnt compare dear neo i was asking square wave. I am more than suprised at the switch!!!!!!!!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back