Qualcomm audio platforms

Enkay78

The AptX lossless cometh.

Currently I am happy with my DAC with LDAC. It will be intriguing how much performance AptxLossless will bring to the general audio and hi-fi world.

We will have fresh fodders for perennial audiophile debate.

Isn't this more interesting?

I wonder why this thread did not get any comments.......whereas flagging of PS Audio results into swarms of feedbacks :)

Similar thought was going through my mind.

I have a gustard x26 pro with state of the art qualcom chip for bluetooth with all codes.

For my ears, room and rest of the chain i can not seem to find any difference using USB.

I keep wondering, if all that talk of streamers, DDC in the chain and digital interconnects is a fancy, even if its adds sonic benefits what is the price to performance.

<snip>

Currently I am happy with my DAC with LDAC. It will be intriguing how much performance AptxLossless will bring to the general audio and hi-fi world.

<snip>

Isn't a simple stereo system of varied components general audio too?

Cheers,
Raghu

Excited about this for audio and some personal biases....Have been for long time ....Finally android Bluetooth can further leap ahead of legacy apple implementation as long as they try and bottle it within their walled garden...

Ldac is 3x already compared to aac

These new codecs will take few years to become mainstream, by that time something new will be available.
LDAC has still not become mainstream and not available in every DAC, phones or HiFi gear like AptxHD or so.

Codec's will come and go, good old USB or 3.5mm jack is still around for many years and continue to be the go to thing.

We will have fresh fodders for perennial audiophile debate.
Pardon if it sounds snobbish , I’ve found Bluetooth sound to be sterile and dry, including Apple lossless via AirPlay 2.
I very much doubt a lossless codec will improve anything.

No. That’s why I said I doubt it.
Till now my experience has not been satisfactory. :)

I have a SMSL SU9 DAC with LDAC, USB sounds better.
Rarely use it now, but some people who don't want to invest into Raspberry Pi and are not bothered about bit perfect audio such codecs make sense.

Using LDAC in my Topping D90SE, I find the fidelity almost at par with USB.....almost.

In future I may venture into these new devices. Going by the specs and bandwith, I feel we are reaching a technology in which wireless fidelity will perform at par with wired ones. The bandwidths are reaching >1 mbits.

Like some FMs advised me : I am keeping myself open.

At the same time I am excited at the future of actives and wireless Hi-fi which is going to flood the markets in few years. These will target the Generations Z......and after 20 years, one may look back at cables like cassettes and tapes.

Isn't a simple stereo system of varied components general audio too?

Cheers,
Raghu
By the general audio I implied a the vast number of consumers into Bose products and Apple airpod max/beats type. Audiophiles are different breed.

I guess Sony will do this with wh1000mx5, perhaps?

If we exclude playback through a transport from physical media, does it sum up to be a problem of Wifi vs bluetooth if one is using airplay/chromecast etc?

Personally i would prefer a standard based solution either with bluetooth or wifi. Having used app and streamer its very frustrating how fragmented this wifi streaming space is. airplay 1, airplay 2, chromecast, tidal connect, spotify connect

These new codecs will take few years to become mainstream, by that time something new will be available.
LDAC has still not become mainstream and not available in every DAC, phones or HiFi gear like AptxHD or so.

Codec's will come and go, good old USB or 3.5mm jack is still around for many years and continue to be the go to thing.
Something like these will solve the problem https://theauris.com/products/auris-blumehd-true-hi-fi-bluetooth-music-receiver :) many seems to like it

I have two Bluetooth receiver/transmitter with CSR BC8675 chip. (ApTX HD).
And I agree with @amrutmhatre90 these devices are not that yet.

But this new platform is lossless unlike the previous avatars.
So I am guessing it will be better than LDAC (which is frankly almost good).

So keeping fingers crossed. I am excited for many future possibilities with such technology. (especially to be applied to my HT which I am planning for 9.1.4 system)

BT tech is mostly used in last mile implementations, right? Say phone/tablet/device to headphones or speaker systems.
In terms of transferring digital audio data (before or after decoding various formats) WiFi seems to be a better bet in HT/Audio systems.
Some companies are already doing this for years now. KEF LS50, for example, uses WiFi with some proprietary protocol to transfer digital data.
Subwoofer manufacturers are also doing this for faraway placement of units without wiring.
Whether it will come down to HT implementations, that's up in the air. If and when it does, it will be expensive at first, before it becomes affordable.
Over the weekend, I heard a Polk audio system with some wireless technology, don't know what exactly though.
It was a sound bar system with sub and option to add wireless active speakers.

Cheers,
Raghu

BT tech is mostly used in last mile implementations, right? Say phone/tablet/device to headphones or speaker systems.
In terms of transferring digital audio data (before or after decoding various formats) WiFi seems to be a better bet in HT/Audio systems.
Some companies are already doing this for years now. KEF LS50, for example, uses WiFi with some proprietary protocol to transfer digital data.
Subwoofer manufacturers are also doing this for faraway placement of units without wiring.
Whether it will come down to HT implementations, that's up in the air. If and when it does, it will be expensive at first, before it becomes affordable.
Over the weekend, I heard a Polk audio system with some wireless technology, don't know what exactly though.
It was a sound bar system with sub and option to add wireless active speakers.

Cheers,
Raghu
I feel most manufacturers considers wifi modules an overkill for audio. And yes they have to consider the costs. Having said so I feel 2.4khz has enough bandwidth.
The issue will be how to make it an audio platform unlike BT

The wider application of BT for audio and it's lesser costs, and better inbuilt formats may be what drives it as the wireless audio. And with this lossless .........low power, latency, costs would be factors.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back