Quality of UK blu-ray discs??

KonfuSed

Hi all,
How is the quality of the blu-ray discs that can be bought from UK (e.g. amazon UK) ? I can see some good prices for few of the titles and was thinking of ordering a few soon. Are they comparable/similar to the US BD's? Is there any difference in quality? I've seen that the price of the trilogy packs are lesser in UK than in US. Hence I had the doubt. Please help.
Regards,

There will be no difference in the quality althouh the contents may vary (extras, directors cut etc)

most of here have got the trilogies from UK, currently play.com have the matrix trilogy for 13 GBP

Hi all,
How is the quality of the blu-ray discs that can be bought from UK (e.g. amazon UK) ? I can see some good prices for few of the titles and was thinking of ordering a few soon. Are they comparable/similar to the US BD's? Is there any difference in quality? I've seen that the price of the trilogy packs are lesser in UK than in US. Hence I had the doubt. Please help.
Regards,

Hi,

The bluray disc quality from UK is good, I had borrowed The Matrix Trilogy, The Bourne Series from santhol2(santosh) which he got from UK. Tested all the disc's, PQ/SQ both are good, no difference wrt disc's from US/India.

cheers.

They are more or less the same except the frame rate which is 25 fps instead of 29.97 but nowadays that does not matter as most tv's and players are 100% compatible with both. Check out some sites like hidefdigest.com for info regarding region free or not and i think they apply to uk discs also.

They are more or less the same except the frame rate which is 25 fps instead of 29.97 but nowadays that does not matter as most tv's and players are 100% compatible with both. Check out some sites like hidefdigest.com for info regarding region free or not and i think they apply to uk discs also.

This is not correct.

Bly-ray discs store video for movies at 24 FPS (Progressive), not 25 or 29.97. All Blu-ray players (bar one or two) are capable of sending out a pure 24 FPS signal to a 1080P/24 compatible TV. The player, depending on your settings interpolates 24 P, as stored on the disc, into 25/29.97 FPS if your TV cannot support 24 FPS.

Video for TV is stored as 1080i/25 or 1080i/29.97 on a BD. The player, depending on your settings (or if the player supports it), can output that as 1080P/25 or 1080P/29.97. Some, like the PS3 simply output the native format that is on the BD.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back