Query about connections from DVDP to AVR

SUB_BOSS

Dear All,

I have a Full HD46" and using a Samsung upconverting 1080pk through HDMI and Philips with component to play junk DVD's. I just picked up a Denon 390 HTiB and plan to install soon.

My questions :

1. I plan to connect DVDP to AVR through HDMI, so best alternative for audio connection i.e. coaxial or optical. I have a spare HDMI to connect AVR to TV.
2. If the best option is coaxial can I use my Tara Labs interconnect here? Or should I buy a new coaxial.

Please help me guys as I need to install this ASAP.

Dear All,

I have a Full HD46" and using a Samsung upconverting 1080pk through HDMI and Philips with component to play junk DVD's. I just picked up a Denon 390 HTiB and plan to install soon.

My questions :

1. I plan to connect DVDP to AVR through HDMI, so best alternative for audio connection i.e. coaxial or optical. I have a spare HDMI to connect AVR to TV.
2. If the best option is coaxial can I use my Tara Labs interconnect here? Or should I buy a new coaxial.

Please help me guys as I need to install this ASAP.

You don't need a seperate audio connection from your DVD Player to your AVR as you are connecting the same through HDMI and it would carry both audio and video to your avr for processing, and connect your TV with the HDMI out of the AVR. HDMI has the capability to carry both audio and video through just one cable.

Dear All,

My questions :

Denon 390 cant process sound via HDMI.You need to connect DVDp with coax out.

I use Profigold coax available for Rs.1000.

Last edited:
spirovious wrote : "Denon 390 cant process sound via HDMI.You need to connect DVDp with coax out."

So then can I connect HDMI to TV directly and use coax from DVDP to AVR. I assumed coax and interconnects are same. Are Interconnects and coax have same impedance

So then can I connect HDMI to TV directly and use coax from DVDP to AVR. I assumed coax and interconnects are same. Are Interconnects and coax have same impedance

Use a good quality coaxial cable or otherwise a RCA-video cable (marked yellow) for DVDP-AVR coaxial connection. Do not use RCA-Audio (red or white) cable for this. The cable impedance required is 75 ohms.

As this is a one time investment, which could be reused even if you upgrade your setup later, get a branded cable. Bandridge might be a good option.

Skumar thanks for your response

My idea is to invest in good set @ a later stage, but for now you mean yellow cable which comes with regular DVDP's will work?

I'm getting an all Monster set - 2HDMI, 1 Coax, Speaker cables, Sub cable in a month and I don't want to waste money in between for interim stuff, so advice if normal interconnect cable can be used.

spirovious wrote he picked up Profigold coax. These are one of best award winning brands from UK. Can you let me know where you picked this up?

OK Thanks for the tip about Profigold. They also have another brand called Bandridge, never ever heard this brand during my hunt for cables etc for my stereo. Hows this??

Last edited:
Hi All,

The installer was carrying DAC optical, coax etc. Have heard this brand several times from Wharfedale, jamo dealers etc. Hows this??

Last edited:
Hi Spirovious,

Set up the HT. Using HDMI from DVDP to LCD, but a yellow cable inplace of coax. Sound is a bit compressed, can't wait until I get my cables from US of A.:eek:

Very happy with 390.:D Smooth sound and not sharp. Very good built as compared to others available @ same price. Does anyone else own a Denon 390 HTiB here. Please share your experiences.

Hi Spirovious,

Set up the HT. Using HDMI from DVDP to LCD, but a yellow cable inplace of coax. Sound is a bit compressed, can't wait until I get my cables from US of A.:eek:

Very happy with 390.:D Smooth sound and not sharp. Very good built as compared to others available @ same price. Does anyone else own a Denon 390 HTiB here. Please share your experiences.

Enjoy AV ,profigold is high Q product from Bandbridge only & dont worry many including me have used it.Its award winner(1 m long)

To ventkatcr

DAC cables and interconnects are good, but they are not cheap.

Cheers

I have never used DAC and infact chose Tara Labs for IC's and Monster 14 Gauge Z series for speaker cables. Time and again I get varied responses about DAC. I feel they are quite cheap compared to others like VDH, QED, Monster, Audio Quest etc. Are these chinese by any chance?

Hi Spirovious,

Congracts for Denon 390 ! Do post a detailed review. How is it compare to Onk 3200 and Yamaha-195 and how much u paid for it ?

I have never used DAC and infact chose Tara Labs for IC's and Monster 14 Gauge Z series for speaker cables. Time and again I get varied responses about DAC. I feel they are quite cheap compared to others like VDH, QED, Monster, Audio Quest etc. Are these chinese by any chance?

Tara Labs, VDH, Audio Quest are all in a league that is completely different from DAC and Monster. Monster is over priced for the quality. But products from companies such as Tara Labs, VDH, Audi Quest are top notch if you can afford.

DAC, as far as I know is made in Taiwan. Soundsgreat once mentioned that they are made by a company that has an international reputation for cables and interconnects. In HFV, many menbers are using DAC and are quite happy with it.

Cbeers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back