Query about Mission 34i and 35i

Dear All,

I would not vote for BS with sub at this price point. Integration is difficult and they can't match FLRS dynamics at this price point. Maybe when we go higher it's different. This is purely my two cents.

Kaustubh don't lose heart, contact any Mumbai member who can procure Mission M 34i and ship it to you. I too earlier contacted Vijai sales through phone, query etc but they don't come back. I would still vouch for PM5003 and Mission M 34i combo. Go listen with your CD's and make up your mind.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Kaustubh, Psb Alpha T1 is about 27k I think. Check it out.

That is out of budget :sad: will still try to audition if I can find it somewhere in blore. acc to specs goes down till 55Hz and has 5.25" woofers.. seem to be small..

Right now the mission m34i is still confirmed from my side.

Been an enlightening thread on the Missions, have not listened to them till date and did missed out auditioning them when I got my set up done last year.Am on my way to audition them in Mumbai for my BIL's home theater set up today. Pitted against Wharfedale 9.5s and 10.5s.

Primary requirement is Movie viewing and PS3, thrown in with some South Indian classical listening and jazz/pop.

I shall update with the details once I am done with the auditioning later today.

cheers,

mnemonic

Wharf is a tough contender to Missions according to some. But I liked Mission over Wharfs here. Now I'm keen to know what your impresssions will be?.
BTW which AVR will be paired?

Last edited:
Soulforged, I have the mh3 sys package but the centre is not so good. But its decent for the price. As for the m32i, I think its around 10k.

Thanks iaudio, i have kef fronts and center...was considering m3h bipoles for surround...was quoted 6.4K for them here...m32i was quoted at 14K...

how are these bipoles?

Missions it is! After a pretty extensive round of auditioining at Alliance-Andheri, we finalized on the Missions M35i based HT. We did take along the music that the family would usually listen to which included South Indian Classical, Hindustani, Rock n Roll, Country and some A.R.Rahman. Rishi from Alliance also has a tasteful collection of female solos and rock and roll which we digged into.

The three contenders were the 9.5s, 10.5s and the Mission M35is. I know that the M35s are a contemporary of the 9.6s but the choice was down to these three and hence the comparison.

The source and AVR combo were a CA 550c and Denon 1909(We are buying the 1910, so there should be a parallel). Our source will be a Pioneer DV220 for music and DVDs. We also have a PS3 which will act as a source for BRDs.

First off, some Ustad Amir Khan on the 9.5s, these were demo pieces and were broken in, hence the presentation was typical wharfedale, clean vocals albeit a little on the bright side, tablas were a bit muted and mids were comprehensive.Overall, a pretty decent pair but I did miss the refinement of my Evos.

Switched over the Missions and rightaway the increase in bass was evident, mids were fine but did not stand out and the vocals were presented enveloped in music unlike the wharfies where the vocals stood out a bit. This appealed to my BIL quite a bit and he was impressed.

Time for the 10.5s to show their might and it was a bit of a disappointment to start with. I am not sure if it had to do with the break in, but the speakers didn't show the qualities that we have come to expect from the diamonds. A.R.Rahman was sounding real constrained in "Maa Tujhe Salaam" and John Denver was sounding a little rough in "Country roads take me home". The bass is nothing much to write home about but adequate for stereo listening. I was expecting a step up over the 9.5s but it does not seem to be the case in quite a few areas.

We also played Taare Zameen Pars "Mera Jahan" to test the marriage of vocals and broad mids. The strumming turned out deeper in the Missions where as the Wharfies renditioned the strumming a little less weighted, as the song moves into faster rhythm where a host of instruments join the vocals, the Missions offered a complete immersion experience where as the wharfies presentation was a bit discrete. Again, I think the key here was the better bass handling capabilities of the Missions.

The other songs we listened to pretty much tilted our bias towards the missions and our movie auditioning was done only on the Missions yesterday. We had auditioned the 9.5 based HT last week and did not revisit them. HT performance was using the standard demo discs, Saving Private Ryan, climax scene with bombs exploding,automatics blazing away and a tank rumbling in. Overall the experience was good and the Mission Sub did make us sit up and take notice when the tank moved in. I do not want to go into great depth as I am more of a budding stereophile and not too much into HT.

Also, I did manage to audition the Xavian XC series mias (bookshelves) paired with an Atoll CDP and an Atoll Amp and I came away pretty impressed. These babies are pretty affordable audiophile speakers and are quite versatile. The pair I listened to were brand new and had yet to be broken in but the refinement levels were phenomenal. I heard a Norwegian female singer ( fail to recall the name) render a solo and I could literally hear- her breath,water dripping in the background etc. Truly wonderful an experience!

I shall be more than glad to share the pricing etc, so do PM me in case some one is interested. I understand that he has a couple of pieces with the old pricing and it is indeed mouth watering!

cheers,

Last edited:
Soulforged, I find the mh3 sounds quite good, atleast adequate for me, however I found the centre lacking. I think the prices of Mission speakers have gone up, the m32i was max 12k I think earlier. How much do the m33i's cost now?

Guys, good luck with the order, hope you get a good price.
Btw, Mnemonic, thanks for those impressions. How much do those Xavian BS cost?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back