Question: Indian Classical Audiophile grade recording

xaggle

Hi,

I struggle with finding well recorded Indian Classical CDs.
Recording from the NCPA Archives are good, but that's all they are - good, no way near audiophile grade. Moment! records sell on HDTracks (16/44) - and these are good+.
Any other recommendations ?

Hi,

I struggle with finding well recorded Indian Classical CDs.
Recording from the NCPA Archives are good, but that's all they are - good, no way near audiophile grade. Moment! records sell on HDTracks (16/44) - and these are good+.
Any other recommendations ?
+1

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

# 1 for me :-
Sense World Music,Classical Music Records,Music Record Label,instrumental Music in Uk
Buy Blind.
Excellent ! This is the Best I have encountered.

India Archives Records
Also Top 5

Chhanda Dhara CD Collection
Also Top 5 for me.

https://www.navrasrecords.com/
Good.

Raga Records

Sir,
There are lots;
Nothing in India.
We have to buy our own music from abroad & get it in.
Sad indeed.
But that is the only way forward to appreciate Indian Classical Music.

All the Best !
Please do buy & enjoy.

I have many more labels - but start with these for now.

Like Bhagwan mentioned, I've had good experiences with Sense and Chandra Dhara.

Times music also used to import and sell ECM label titles locally. Those were good too though I've not seen them for a while!

Sense and Chhand Dhara are excellent. I've bought many on advice of bhagwan in a similar thread a while back. Chhand Dhara is a discontinued label so may not be easy to find.
Alurkar and Makar are also good but I don't think they have many albums. Listened to an Alurkar CD of Uday Bhawalkar just yesterday. Lovely.

Just out of curiosity. Is there any audiophile grade recording in Indian music other than classical? Say in Film Music/ Non Film Albums / Ghazals?
BTW MARASIM is an excellently recorded album but not of audiophile grade.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back