Question regarding Linux

GeorgeO

With three computers at home, two running windows and one running Linux Fedora Release 12-with which I am not too familiar, having been using Windows all my life, I need some help. I dont have a problem using Linux for simple browsing and email, but I have a couple of devices that need to be run-teh Slim Server Software as well as the Raider for my NAS.

Can any of you youngsters from Bangalore familiar with Linux come over and help me out on this, this week? Both need to be downloaded in their Linux versions and then set up to recognise the hardware. I am asking this not because I cannot run these applications-I can run them on my Win XP machines-but because I dont want to buy another WinXP/7 license, if I can avoid it.

Next week my eldest bro will be here and he can easily do all of this-after all he is a PhD in CS from Carnegie Mellon Univ:yahoo::yahoo:

George

With three computers at home, two running windows and one running Linux Fedora Release 12-with which I am not too familiar, having been using Windows all my life, I need some help. I dont have a problem using Linux for simple browsing and email, but I have a couple of devices that need to be run-teh Slim Server Software as well as the Raider for my NAS.

Can any of you youngsters from Bangalore familiar with Linux come over and help me out on this, this week? Both need to be downloaded in their Linux versions and then set up to recognise the hardware. I am asking this not because I cannot run these applications-I can run them on my Win XP machines-but because I dont want to buy another WinXP/7 license, if I can avoid it.

Next week my eldest bro will be here and he can easily do all of this-after all he is a PhD in CS from Carnegie Mellon Univ:yahoo::yahoo:

George

I am busy on this weekend but could spare a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon, if you have time. Do you have a holiday tomorrow (afternoon)?
I think I will be off tomorrow.

Regards

Rahul

I ha d amajor electricla problem at home and have not had mains power since 7PM last nigth, have just got it fixed a few minutes ago. Unfortunately today afternoon is not possible. No problem-since i have my main Win XP unit back after getting it fixed, I'm not ina great hurry now.

Thanks

George

Rahul

I ha d amajor electricla problem at home and have not had mains power since 7PM last nigth, have just got it fixed a few minutes ago. Unfortunately today afternoon is not possible. No problem-since i have my main Win XP unit back after getting it fixed, I'm not ina great hurry now.

Thanks

George

Alrite. Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers

George,

Gobble seems to have the solution for you ,
If some other linux help you need help let me know.

Rahul

Thanks

George

George,
We can find a suitable time this weekend as well with some planning. Let me know if saturday 3 to5 pm is good for you.

Regards

Rahul/Doors

Thanks.

I'm waiting to hear from Santhosh about Saturday afternoon-I want to take a look at his HT room to see how I can go about getting mine ready.If that trip is confmd it is scheduled for Saturday afternoon.

I have a WinXP Dual Core up and running( which was not ready when you guys came on Sunday) so I am ripping music into my NAS on a pretty large scale-I must have ripped upwards of 150-175 albums in the past 6 weeks alone.

Thanks

George

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back