Quick price and model check for Panasonic plasma

Staxxx

Hi. Went to a few TV stores here and came up with the following two Panasonic choices that I liked : 42XT50 for Rs. 49,500 and 42UT50 for 59,500. The only difference as was explained to me was that the UT was full-HD. Since I will not be playing blu-rays to any great extent, I wondered if FMs could tell me if there are any other good reasons to spend the extra Rs 10,000. Is the panel/screen better in the UT model or anything else re: connectivity, colours, reliability etc.

Do these prices sound about right?

PS: I do know the new models are coming out soon (may/june)- but not interested in waiting. Also, not sure if the new plasmas will be around the same price level.

Hi,

The panel is same in X, XT and UT series.
XT is HD ready plasma and UT is Full HD. Thats the main difference.
The panel quality changes from ST series.

For SD viewing X, XT will be good enough.

Thanks,
Sunil

Hi. Went to a few TV stores here and came up with the following two Panasonic choices that I liked : 42XT50 for Rs. 49,500 and 42UT50 for 59,500. The only difference as was explained to me was that the UT was full-HD. Since I will not be playing blu-rays to any great extent, I wondered if FMs could tell me if there are any other good reasons to spend the extra Rs 10,000. Is the panel/screen better in the UT model or anything else re: connectivity, colours, reliability etc.

Do these prices sound about right?

PS: I do know the new models are coming out soon (may/june)- but not interested in waiting. Also, not sure if the new plasmas will be around the same price level.

Though I haven't personally witnessed UT50, it has got very good reviews across the globe. It is claimed to be the best among the budget oriented models. Though UT50 panel is very different from ST50, UT50 performance is almost on par with ST50. Any way, why don't you run a demo comparing XT50 and UT50 and pick what you like the most .. SD channels will look better on XT50 as it is not full HD though.

As far as I remeber, the price of UT50 was around 60k to 65k (in around 2012 end). There should be a good scope for bargain. I am not sure about XT50.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back