Rare Find - Akai AP-D40 DD TT

Hi anil

I am new to this forum. I have a philips turntable with me and its dust cover had
too many scratches.From where i can get this cerium oxide,is it available with laboratory suppliers? and will it be available in Kerala?

Please help

Thanks

yes i have it too.it had lot of problems when i got it.i tried to set it but the auto system was not behaving too well.ultimately i decided to do away with all those levers and gears and made it tp a simple player with just lift and drop operating.it works great.if high end turntables can do without auto than why not.
nath

Hi Anil and others,

First. Beautiful restoration job Anil!

I am getting one of these AP-DP40 DD TT's next week. It is in working condition - light, strobe, manual and automatic modes all operational.

I'd like to do a basic clean/service -- and optimize it if possible as it has been in a box for many years.

It has a Akai RS-90 stylus. What would be the best replacement stylus?

I got the manual at Vinyl Engine but have never opened something like this up, let alone service it! Therefore any advice on a doing a very basic service would be much appreciated - even if it is "don't try this at home" :sos:

Thanks much in advance to all who respond.

Im looking foward to get some advise to clean my Sansui PD 30. It's working perfectly fine, but needs a thorough cleaning to bring it's former glory back to life!
562156_10152658447145262_665938258_n.jpg

Conrats ! restoration work is well done, however I wonder what was the state, condition before restoration was done ? do you have pictures what it look like before ? seems the condition was pretty good; as many other pre owned T Ts we see are abused, not cared for by owners !

Hi Anil,
Superb cleaning n restoration job. The TT looks superb. Can you kindly let me know how it sounds ? What is the stylus n cart you are using .?
Thanks.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back