RASA Player firmware available for download.

KiranPS

Hello Everyone ,

I have uploaded the modified RASA firmware that will allow you to use the player on any RPI3 RPI3+.

You can download it here http://rasaaudio.com/downloads/
The first link

This is the remote control app

And follow the instructions here, to burn and boot the image. Please check the other videos for setup etc.

This is beta version, so it might have some bugs , would appreciate any feedback.

The coolest feature is ability the to play YouTube content legally ,
instead of plugin+youtubedl approach like Kodi or volumIO. There is a chromium browser running in VnC in XVFb in the Rasa player.

You also don't have to keep the phone on when the Rasa player is playing YouTube content too. BT or Airplay needs the phone to be on.

Other Features

It's a HiRes audio player, can play HiRes flac, wav, mp3 etc from
USB,

From NAS over Samba and NFS,

From UPNP DLNA servers,

Can act as a Bluetooth Speaker.

Can act as a UPNP Renderer to play files from Bubble Upnp type, foobar apps.

Can play content from YouTube gana Internet radios etc. Just a URL would do.

Supports popular I2S DAC or digital out boards.

Thanks.

Someone was looking for a solution to stream gaana, don't recollect the member's handle
Hope he has a look

Thanks for your efforts

Hello Everyone ,

I have uploaded the modified RASA firmware that will allow you to use the player on any RPI3 RPI3+.
Thank you.

I only have a spare RPi 2 B (not sure if RPi3 is the absolute minimum) but going to give it a try and see if it will work. I also notice that the download for the plugin md5 file is the same as the plugin itself. I guess creating the md5 for the plugin in the same format as the md5 for the firmware should work.

Thank you.

I only have a spare RPi 2 B (not sure if RPi3 is the absolute minimum) but going to give it a try and see if it will work. I also notice that the download for the plugin md5 file is the same as the plugin itself. I guess creating the md5 for the plugin in the same format as the md5 for the firmware should work.
Sorry Fixed the Link.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back