RCA interconnects recommendation

vineetrad

Hi,

Can someone recommend good RCA interconnects below 5K INR? My most critical requirement is that they don't do anything to emphasise any harshness in the mid or mid-high frequencies and they are well protected against interference from power or other cables. This will be used to connect from my DAC to powered speakers. I plan to use a slightly cheaper (~2K INR) 2RCA-2RCA interconnect from the output of the powered speakers to the subwoofer.

These are available on Hifimart currently:
DAC ARX01A 2RCA 1350 INR
DAC ARX01A 2RCA to 2RCA Audio Interconnect Cable

OLYMPUS MK3 INTERCONNECT 3,750 INR
Interconnect : Olympus MK3 Interconnect Cable (1.5 Metre)

MOGAMI W2497 NEGLEX HI FIDELITY AUDIO INTERCONNECT 3,950 INR
Interconnect : Mogami W2497 Neglex Hi Fidelity Audio Interconnect cable RCA-RCA (terminated pair)

ZEUS Z1 RCA 4999 INR
Interconnect : Zeus z1 RCA Interconnect

I was also suggested Chord Crimson interconnects.

Do let me know what you guys use or suggest.

Try Belden 8402 with Switchcraft 3502AAU connectors, you could get it on eBay.

I have two pairs of Supra Dual RCA interconnect cables I'm looking to sell. Let me know if interested.

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk

Thanks for all rhe suggestions everyone. The Mogami 2803 seems to get glowing reviews on the net but one thing that concerned me was reports that it was extremely revealing and was probably not a great match for an already bright system like mine

I need something a bit warm and non fatiguing with almost slightly rolled off highs to take the edge off or at least doesn't make it any worse by being too revealing. I know this is far from the definition of an ideal interconnect and I might get some heat for asking for an "inferior" component but this is what I'm looking for :)

I see is this thread the Belden 8402 is recommended as non fatiguing
http://www.hifivision.com/audio-video-cables/54582-mega-ic-shootout-9.html

Thanks again for all the suggestions. Would be interested with the above specific requirement whether you recommend the same interconnects of something else.

Thanks!

Last edited:
the zeus is a very good interconnect sir
i would advice it strongly if you want to take the edge off

there are a couple members here who own it
you can ask around on the forum

Yes. DH Labs is what I meant, sorry for the error. Their Silversonic BL 1 series is what I have and recommend. If you can get bulk and terminate it yourself it is very good value for money.

Thanks for all rhe suggestions everyone. The Mogami 2803 seems to get glowing reviews on the net but one thing that concerned me was reports that it was extremely revealing and was probably not a great match for an already bright system like mine

I need something a bit warm and non fatiguing with almost slightly rolled off highs to take the edge off or at least doesn't make it any worse by being too revealing. I know this is far from the definition of an ideal interconnect and I might get some heat for asking for an "inferior" component but this is what I'm looking for :)

Thanks again for all the suggestions. Would be interested with the above specific requirement whether you recommend the same interconnects of something else.

Thanks!
Its a general impression that it is reveling which is true. But it does not contribute to fatigue. At the same time it has the warmth. It is revealing in a good sense.

If you are already planning for 5k budget, try mogami 2803. After that you won't like others.

The only con is this cable is stiff...it does not bend zig zag like normal cables.

Thanks!
In that case,DAC interconnects will be good.
DAC ARX01A 2RCA to 2RCA Audio Interconnect Cable

Slightly rolled off and warm ,clean sounding cable.

Mogami does not have factory terminated cables.

The 2803 is a thin and delicate cable so it must be treated more delicately than others. Insert/extract by holding on RCA barrel ONLY.

Go with the Mogami. Usually the brightness that is found in cheaper IC's is a function of poor solder and poor quality RCA connectors. Try and get slightly better connectors.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back