Re: LG CX ARC issue

Ghostrider

Hi,

I have faced strange issue today with my CX 65 oled using with Marantz 5010
Arc is getting switched to internal speakers automatically, initially when amp is started it detects hdmi arc and sound output is changed but all of sudden today after sometime it switches to tv internal speaker.
Now even if I select hdmi arc then don’t get any sound, tried all settings such as simplink which is ON, output pass through / auto / pcm, disable / enable quick+
Tried google and I read that many have faced these issue and some bug there
I will be trying tv reset tomorrow and also will raise with LG as it is in warranty

kindly advise and views

Hi,

I have faced strange issue today with my CX 65 oled using with Marantz 5010
Arc is getting switched to internal speakers automatically, initially when amp is started it detects hdmi arc and sound output is changed but all of sudden today after sometime it switches to tv internal speaker.
Now even if I select hdmi arc then don’t get any sound, tried all settings such as simplink which is ON, output pass through / auto / pcm, disable / enable quick+
Tried google and I read that many have faced these issue and some bug there
I will be trying tv reset tomorrow and also will raise with LG as it is in warranty

kindly advise and views
In settings "sound" additional settings there is "digital sound out" - what does it default there - PCM or auto or pass through?

The additional settings define whether digital audio is passed through to the receiver for decoding or is decoded in the tv.

Keep your TV off when switching your STB and audio (Marantz). After a while switch your TV (this is the sequence I follow while using my recently purchased RT3 and I had experienced similar problem. [RT3 goes to standby and my LG Tv did only find STB with HDMI, then getting audio was too difficult).

Do one thing, try in additional settings under HDMI input Audio format PCM instead of bitstream.
This is HDMI "input" selection. The previous suggestion is output. In this there will be hdmi 1, 2, 3, 4 and the ones being used will be highlighted and when you enter the selection there will be bitstream and PCM option. Use PCM and see.

ARC is the buggiest piece of tech in the last 10-15 years. It never works as intended. Even if you get it to work, some bug will appear in a few weeks. Fortunately eARC is the opposite. It works great and it does not depend on ARC. You can even keep ARC off and get audio out through eARC. That is what I use with my receiver and LG OLED.
Till the time you get an eARC capable receiver, I would recommend you to use the optical out. I don't think it has anything to do with LG TV.

While I have the same issue where my TV with eARC just refuses to handshake with my Yamaha V375 AVR , I was wondering if the HDMI eARC audio extractors could be a saviour in this case. I donot want to spend a fortune on a new AVR given that the present one is working just fine. I was seeing a few forums where people seems to have got this working.

Anybody using this could share their experiences

Just to update further
all of sudden it has started working, kept for 45 mins approx and sound was through arc and it worked as intended.
Settings remain same hdmi input 2 which is my arc remains as bitstream and digital out is pass through.

For eARC just feature avr change would be expensive affair and don’t think this is feasible now.

will keep further posted

Just to update further
all of sudden it has started working, kept for 45 mins approx and sound was through arc and it worked as intended.
Settings remain same hdmi input 2 which is my arc remains as bitstream and digital out is pass through.

For eARC just feature avr change would be expensive affair and don’t think this is feasible now.

will keep further posted
I had a similar issue with a previous Sony TV. I just pressed the remote switch on button for sometime and it restarted and worked with same settings. Ofcourse Sony's online faq troubleshoot guide helped me. I was not sure for LG CX.

Just to update further

will keep further posted
It happened with me too. Earlier it was working on HDMI1 then suddenly it stopped working and when I switched to HDMI2 it worked. Next day I had to switch back to 1 and since then it is working. Appears even these circuits have taken cue from Windows (your drive is unreadable, reboot and it works )

It happened with me too. Earlier it was working on HDMI1 then suddenly it stopped working and when I switched to HDMI2 it worked. Next day I had to switch back to 1 and since then it is working. Appears even these circuits have taken cue from Windows (your drive is unreadable, reboot and it works )
In my case haven’t change the input
let’s see tomorrow am gonna play it through arc for long and let’s see

Further update
Same issue again, sound was good through arc for about 40 odd mins and then it switched over to internal and now not working through all options a tried.
Now am gonna reset all tv settings and see and also will raise complaint with LG as it’s in warranty

Further update
Same issue again, sound was good through arc for about 40 odd mins and then it switched over to internal and now not working through all options a tried.
Now am gonna reset all tv settings and see and also will raise complaint with LG as it’s in warranty
There is some loose connection afaik.

try a different hdmi cable. i faced many issues with arc working on & off. lost count of the number of times & hours i spent trying to fix the issue in different ways but it would creep up intermittently. was using a supposed 4k hdmi cable which supported arc from aliexpress. finally just bought a amazon basics hdmi cable & that resolved the issue. wish i had tried that earlier, would have saved me time & effort over 2 years.

I have tried with different hdmi cable today
But still no success same issue,
No sound when arc is selected

@lightgamer what maybe the problem in this case?
Not sure honestly. His AVR input port might be fried, or the TV's HDMI port, or some handshake issue.

He'll have to isolate the issue to be able to get down to the problem. Let me list down the steps he can take:

1. Try a different method to connect to AVR. Something like optical cable will do. If optical doesn't work, then something in hardware is broken on the AVR.
  2. If AVR works with optical, then he'll need to change source. Trying to output audio from a laptop/desktop/streamer to the AVR can be one. If this doesn't work, then AVR is the problem end.
  3. If AVR works in step 2, then something regarding ARC only is broken. Maybe he can try a high end eARC capable cable. Else something from software/port on TV is broken.

Not sure honestly. His AVR input port might be fried, or the TV's HDMI port, or some handshake issue.

He'll have to isolate the issue to be able to get down to the problem. Let me list down the steps he can take:

1. Try a different method to connect to AVR. Something like optical cable will do. If optical doesn't work, then something in hardware is broken on the AVR.
  2. If AVR works with optical, then he'll need to change source. Trying to output audio from a laptop/desktop/streamer to the AVR can be one. If this doesn't work, then AVR is the problem end.
  3. If AVR works in step 2, then something regarding ARC only is broken. Maybe he can try a high end eARC capable cable. Else something from software/port on TV is broken.
Update -

1 - I shall get the optical cable by today eod and shall try this.
2 - How can i test it from hdmi port in my laptop ?
i tried with my BD player connected to BD HDMI port in AVR and sound is coming through HT

Otherway i plan to dismantle all and carry AVR to other room to test ARC on second TV

Thanks

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back