Re: LG CX ARC issue

Just like play station products I assume. After warranty period Sony does not even service them but if any fault within one year they only replace.
No, i mean't they will repair or replace the hdmi board not the whole unit. Service in the AV scene in India is pathetic,
even if you buy high end brand that cost lakhs.

Dear All, further update
1) connecting optical cable sound is coming fine and output through HT as intended.
2) Hdmi cable connected on arc out port on avr and to arc tv is giving video gui of avr
3) tried on different LG tv arc port but same issue sound not switching to hdmi 2
4) NOTE: earlier when my tv was on with internal speakers and then I switch on AVR it was switching automatically to hdmi arc and getting sound in HT but now when tv is on and swtch on AVR, it shows Marantz available but no sound.
5) also when I go to Marantz setup and enable hdmi control and further select arc on i get attached prompt

Now it seems issue with avr monitor1(arc) port or pls advise

Well switching to the hdmi arc will display the gui of the avr, and I am not able to understand what you mean by not switching to hdmi 2. Hdmi control is optional.

Well I feel there is some settings issue. Could you try like this -

1. Connect an high speed hdmi cable between the hdmi out of the monitor and the port labelled hdmi (arc) on u r TV (hdmi-2)

2. Enable ARC in your receiver in the HDMI control menu

3. Configure one input's in the AVR to accept the digital sound as HDMI ARC

4. Watch some media on your TV on other hdmi port or with the inbuilt apps.

5. Select sound out as arc

6. Switch to the configured input in the avr

You should be getting sound through your HT

Dear All, further update
1) connecting optical cable sound is coming fine and output through HT as intended.
2) Hdmi cable connected on arc out port on avr and to arc tv is giving video gui of avr
3) tried on different LG tv arc port but same issue sound not switching to hdmi 2
4) NOTE: earlier when my tv was on with internal speakers and then I switch on AVR it was switching automatically to hdmi arc and getting sound in HT but now when tv is on and swtch on AVR, it shows Marantz available but no sound.
5) also when I go to Marantz setup and enable hdmi control and further select arc on i get attached prompt

Now it seems issue with avr monitor1(arc) port or pls advise
I already replied to you previously. I have had 4-5 Marantz receivers over the last 12-14 years and 2 high end TVs, Panasonic plasma and LG OLED. For neither of these combinations, ARC worked properly. eARC works fine after disabling ARC on SR6013.

I don't think replacing the TV is going to help. You are planning to mess with the TV, when it is not really its fault. You might end up in a worse situation than you are if parts are replaced on a new TV. Once touched by technicians in India, the products are not the same as from factory. India does not have good technicians,

It is your choice, but I would recommend just use Optical, as I previously did.

Dear All,

am again back to this issue which was never resolved but again trying if any one with same LG CX + marantz 5010 having similar issue and able to resolve it.
Also i had raised complain with LG and best possibility is to replace the HDMI 2 - arc port,
but will this work and should i get this done !
is it worth to do this and will technician will do the proper job.. am in 2 minds

am gonna ready all previous posts on how can i test the avr arc port other way if i have missed any...
but i am getting avr gui when its connected from avr - arc to tv arc

I have the NAD 758 and the CX with HDMI connected in ARC port on the TV and HDMI control and ARC enabled. Whenever I switch on the TV the receiver automatically switches on and audio is automatically routed through ARC. No issues till date.

However I have not enabled the TV turning off when turning off the AVR and sometimes I switch off the the AVR and sount automatically routes to the internal TV speaker and switching the AVR on automatically routes the input through ARC on the AVR. I have not connected optical cable to the TV.

Hi,

I had a visit from marantz guy and he did all such as hdmi cable change (to best monster cable available), hard rest, soft updates, etc and as per him, there is no issue with amp and mostly it looks issue with tv main board.
and further on my complaint with LG and been in warranty, they will be replacing the main board and i am proceeding with this option tomorrow.

hope this issue gets resolved, will keep you all posted.

Thanks

Hi,

I had a visit from marantz guy and he did all such as hdmi cable change (to best monster cable available), hard rest, soft updates, etc and as per him, there is no issue with amp and mostly it looks issue with tv main board.
and further on my complaint with LG and been in warranty, they will be replacing the main board and i am proceeding with this option tomorrow.

hope this issue gets resolved, will keep you all posted.

Thanks
Hi, wonder if this issue was resolved. I have the same issue with LG C2. One fine day ARC stopped working.

A factory reset totally solved the Earc not syncing problem with my setup. Tried the fiddling with the Fast boot thing but it kept coming back
and the Syncing and switching was really slow. Now it's real fast. Had to got through the setup on the TV and re enter the streaming logins
and download one but it seems to have been worth it. LGCX and near top of the line denon 9 channel bought at the same time.
Seemed to degrade with software updates to eh LG.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back