RE: Non-spender club! Dare to join?

Re: Non-spender club! Dare to join?

Once you've got married you wouldn't have all the flexbility lke you've now, unless you're very lucky :p .
Yes venkateshsmart, enjoy it while it lasts, like sridhar said earlier, not everyone is blessed with a non-spending or non-complaining wife:D.

Ask Srini about the secret and also during his period block his calls:D
Funny, even I said something similar on another thread about Srini:lol::
http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/8355-amazon-usa-offers.html#post111866

Yes venkateshsmart, enjoy it while it lasts, like sridhar said earlier, not everyone is blessed with a non-spending or non-complaining wife:D.

I shall do so, anyways I have the liberty of spending 1K per month, so still would be adding some blu-rays, ha ha :yahoo::lol:

Hi All,

I have just realized yesterday that I have spent almost close to a 40% of my per-annum pay over the span of six months, since September 2009. Of course, after joining the forum:eek:hyeah: Though I have immense pleasure with the gadgets around me and has been having a nice time, certain instances at my work and outside made me realize I should have spent little less and saved a minimum for the future. Apparently, we always get the better version the next day.

My new additions over the period of 7 months are as follows:
1. Denon 1910
2. Torvin Towers and Center
3. HTPC - upgraded board, ram, etc.
4. Pana BD60 & mod chip
5. Voltage Convertor
6. Furnitures for HT room.
7. At least 5 pairs of HDMI cables, component, and bandridge spkr cables, etc..
8. Xtreamer

.....and the the list goes on.....and i am eyeing on a good PJ, woofer and bookshelves for surrounds and I know they would get me into bankruptcy if I buy them now!

So, I am planning to take a resolution here that I will not spend anything greater than 1K (keeping in mind what if my cables worn out and I need only badly) for the next 6 months.

There is saying "Luck beholds a man who knows where to stop". I am not going to stop, as I can't, but I am going to halt for a while!

Anyone interested can join the Nonspender club!

Cheers!

mine is almost as bad as yours. in the last 1.5 years -

rx-v663
B&W LCR 600S3 center channel
B&W rock solids for rears
Panny PV8
JVC XV-BP1 bluray
25 bluray movies
ipod nano
philips ipod dock/cd/am/fm/usb
htpc, upgraded with maudio revolution card, later upgraded the hard disks, added the remote and wireless kbd mouse
koss porta pro headphones.
harmony 720 remote
CSS SDX15 Sub Driver
Dayton HPSA500 amp for sub
Digi 200
step down transformer
lots of cables

But I am not yet joining your club. some more things to do before that.:eek:hyeah:

fullhd projector
screen
main speaker upgrade. and if the new speakers are any good, they will want better amplification than the 663 that i've got:sad:. currently i am eyeing the tiny dancers as the 805S (first choice) is way out of my budget.

Last edited:

mine is almost as bad as yours. in the last 1.5 years -

rx-v663
B&W LCR 600S3 center channel
B&W rock solids for rears
Panny PV8
JVC XV-BP1 bluray
25 bluray movies
ipod nano
philips ipod dock/cd/am/fm/usb
htpc, upgraded with maudio revolution card, later upgraded the hard disks, added the remote and wireless kbd mouse
koss porta pro headphones.
harmony 720 remote
CSS SDX15 Sub Driver
Dayton HPSA500 amp for sub
Digi 200
step down transformer
lots of cables

But I am not yet joining your club. some more things to do before that.:eek:hyeah:

fullhd projector
screen
main speaker upgrade. and if the new speakers are any good, they will want better amplification than the 663 that i've got:sad:. currently i am eyeing the tiny dancers as the 805S (first choice) is way out of my budget.

Hi,

Seems like you were on a spending spree. Anyway, you had acquired a list of great items, especially 663 and B&Ws, I am a big fan of this brand. May I know the price of B&W rears?

Wish you good luck on your desire list and we are free to spend as long as we are not to the point of bankruptcy:lol:

Also, you need to pay a high price (like taking me to audition your setup) to join this club in the future!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Cheers!

I wish I could join the club, I know I won't last long there. Yes, am afraid of failure. Like iaudio, even I am spending beyond my means, mostly balancing it out with the help of creditcards (since last 8 months). I do hope to reduce my spend, but never stop.

Suri: curious to know why the 7 years?

Can we also add to this thread, the AV stuff that you wanted to buy but resisted because of your membership to this club?

May be we should sue the credit card and finance companies, who spoil us:cheers::beer::lol:

I always prefer to take the finance option, to avoid the immediate cash crunch.

May be we should sue the credit card and finance companies, who spoil us:cheers::beer::lol:

I always prefer to take the finance option, to avoid the immediate cash crunch.

Hi,

Me too! I think most of the people here prefer credit cards and EMIs, which is another convenient feature!

My cards are with my cousin sister now, and she would not be giving them to me until this period:mad::sad: If I go crazier, will apply for a citibank card and try out borderlinx:eek:hyeah:

Cheers!

Hi Fellow Members, One more competiter

My collection was in a span of 2 month's:eek:hyeah:

Samsung LED 46"
Denon AVR 2310
Mission MV8 (F+S+C)
Mission m3as Sub
WDTV
PlayOn HD
Panasonic DMP-BD60
A couple of EHDD to store my movies
I-touch 32GB
Sennhieser PX100 HP
Sennhieser HD218 HP
A lot of Bluray (originals)

But the best part is I got most of my stuffs at unbeatable price. Like I can still bet on my LED, nobody would have got it for 50K lesser than the MRP.:licklips: So under such circumstances, I guess I'll continue. My next venture would be to buy a farm land far away from the city(so no neighbour problems), build my dedicated HT there, with a HD PJ and 120" screen. May be also upgrade my HT setup then.:indifferent14: Hmmmm..... long way to go.

cheers.

Hi Fellow Members, One more competiter

My collection was in a span of 2 month's:eek:hyeah:

Samsung LED 46"
Denon AVR 2310
Mission MV8 (F+S+C)
Mission m3as Sub
WDTV
PlayOn HD
Panasonic DMP-BD60
A couple of EHDD to store my movies
I-touch 32GB
Sennhieser PX100 HP
Sennhieser HD218 HP
A lot of Bluray (originals)

But the best part is I got most of my stuffs at unbeatable price. Like I can still bet on my LED, nobody would have got it for 50K lesser than the MRP.:licklips: So under such circumstances, I guess I'll continue. My next venture would be to buy a farm land far away from the city(so no neighbour problems), build my dedicated HT there, with a HD PJ and 120" screen. May be also upgrade my HT setup then.:indifferent14: Hmmmm..... long way to go.

cheers.

Hi,

You guys are the most uneligible members of this club and are insane!:eek:hyeah:

Wow, Denon 2310 is a superb AVR, have one with me, but originally belongs to my cousin so not using it. Welcome to the Denon club!

Also, dedicated HT, 120" are reasonable and the farm land is:yahoo::yahoo:

Wish you good luck on your future endeavors!

Cheers!

Hi,

You guys are the most uneligible members of this club and are insane!:eek:hyeah:

Wow, Denon 2310 is a superb AVR, have one with me, but originally belongs to my cousin so not using it. Welcome to the Denon club!

Also, dedicated HT, 120" are reasonable and the farm land is:yahoo::yahoo:

Wish you good luck on your future endeavors!

Cheers!

looks like this is becoming a "SPENDOR'S" club:lol::lol:

Hi

Where would you place me? :confused:

1. B&W 800D Nov '09
2. Cello Audio Palette Dec '09
3. Macbook Pro kit Feb '10

am worried so "Today I'm wearing my wife's dressing gown in a mischievous and jaunty manner" :lol: :lol: :lol:

regards

Hi,

Another B&W buddy! You too Brutus!:eek:hyeah: Another tough competitor with limited gadgets!

You should much more than worried!:lol: Thank God I am still a bachelor:yahoo::yahoo:

Cheers!

looks like this is becoming a "SPENDOR'S" club:lol::lol:

+2 to that. These guys make me feel as if I had not bought anything! See the list of the gadgets, I am starting to black out!

So, I have to say here "Happy buying!":indifferent14:

Come on, let us have some real volunteers to join the club.

Cheers!

Hi All,

I have just realized yesterday that I have spent almost close to a 40% of my per-annum pay over the span of six months, since September 2009. Of course, after joining the forum:eek:hyeah: Though I have immense pleasure with the gadgets around me and has been having a nice time, certain instances at my work and outside made me realize I should have spent little less and saved a minimum for the future. Apparently, we always get the better version the next day.

My new additions over the period of 7 months are as follows:
1. Denon 1910
2. Torvin Towers and Center
3. HTPC - upgraded board, ram, etc.
4. Pana BD60 & mod chip
5. Voltage Convertor
6. Furnitures for HT room.
7. At least 5 pairs of HDMI cables, component, and bandridge spkr cables, etc..
8. Xtreamer

.....and the the list goes on.....and i am eyeing on a good PJ, woofer and bookshelves for surrounds and I know they would get me into bankruptcy if I buy them now!

So, I am planning to take a resolution here that I will not spend anything greater than 1K (keeping in mind what if my cables worn out and I need only badly) for the next 6 months.

There is saying "Luck beholds a man who knows where to stop". I am not going to stop, as I can't, but I am going to halt for a while!

Anyone interested can join the Nonspender club!

Cheers!

Hi

Listening to Music and watching Movies is a hobby, so one should never worry about spending but should be little cautious in pursuing, after all it is our hobby.

I am doing it for the last 30 yrs.

Happy and judicious spending.

Regards

sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Towers for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

my desired period - 7 years:cool:

There was a myth(i presume) that "human cells regenerate every 7 years"
and so by 7th year one is sure we have replaced all old cells.

I see a "New", "Better" and "Improved" suri ! :D
Abasolutely on a new Passion

@ Venkatesh: + 1 to Suri , Time to change the Thread title to Spendor's Club :lol:. "Dare To Join??" :lol:

Last edited:

@ Venkatesh: + 1 to Suri , Time to change the Thread title to Spendor's Club :lol:. "Dare To Join??" :lol:

well thats a club that we have all joined, otherwise we wouldn't be here ...

Can I join ...............I have not spent since last year but It is high time to stop myself...................but till the time I am in the club.....:lol:
Overloaded with House and Car EMI's.........:mad:

One rule of thumb that I follow for certain equipment I want to buy, then I budget per month costs to aim for the 80% value, i.e, if something costs Rs. 10,000 and I can put away 1000 without sacrificing duties and obligations to family and dear ones, then I aim to go for it in the 9th month. Most often than not, I have either changed my mind on the equipment or have been very happy with the purchase.

I have seen this in some friends who budget as such.

My 2 paise worth

hi audio_engr - what is the background behind that phrase you used -

"Today I'm wearing my wife's dressing gown in a mischievous and jaunty manner"?

i tried googling - but nothing.

probably means he has a very interesting crossover wired into him ;) :D

Probably his mom can explain. :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back