Re: USB Media on Samsung RU7100 55inch

Ghostrider

Hi,

I am connecting Seagate 5TB hdd on my Samsung USB port - 5V 1A as mentioned by Samsung in their manuals and some online references, but still some media which is in mkv and mp4 formats is not reading.

I notice that media which is reading has proper current dates and folders/media which doesn’t read shows default date of 1/1/1970

what could be the issue ? Is it not supporting 5TB hdd !!

thanks

Can be encoding issue.. Is the particular file not showing only or not able to playback ? Btw I have the NU7100..

Can be encoding issue.. Is the particular file not showing only or not able to playback ? Btw I have the NU7100..
Hi

As mentioned earlier, i have multiple folders of kids movies, movies, audio songs and video songs
Its recognizing MOVIES and able to play most in that folder which are in mkv and mp4 formats

but when i check kids movies / video songs, it just shows nothing inside but there is content and same in mkv / mp4 format as i can see on my laptop and working too.

what i have noticed is when i select the folder MOVIES it shows last updated/modified date but when i select other folders it shows default date 1/1/1970 so not sure its reading or is there any limitation or compatibility issue ( i am using seagate 5TB hdd in exFAT )

somewhere i read if file count is more than 4000 then there is reading issue

Gonna try multiple options such as copying some non-reading content into MOVIES folder which it is reading and then see also to check all content on other 2TB hdd if any drive related compatibility issue

Thanks

Hi

As mentioned earlier, i have multiple folders of kids movies, movies, audio songs and video songs
Its recognizing MOVIES and able to play most in that folder which are in mkv and mp4 formats

but when i check kids movies / video songs, it just shows nothing inside but there is content and same in mkv / mp4 format as i can see on my laptop and working too.

what i have noticed is when i select the folder MOVIES it shows last updated/modified date but when i select other folders it shows default date 1/1/1970 so not sure its reading or is there any limitation or compatibility issue ( i am using seagate 5TB hdd in exFAT )

somewhere i read if file count is more than 4000 then there is reading issue

Gonna try multiple options such as copying some non-reading content into MOVIES folder which it is reading and then see also to check all content on other 2TB hdd if any drive related compatibility issue

Thanks
I always use and highly recommend using NTFS formatting. You can try formatting a usb drive in NTFS and then try playing the same file which wasn’t showing in exFat. This may solve your issue

Formatted by hdd in NTFS and now it looks all content is accessible and playing, gonna restore all the content and shall share final result over weekend.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back