Real value of OPPO DV-980

mandeep

hello all,

can anyone confirm/guide/share experience

(1)What benefits does this model have over Sony NS78 dvd player (which i currently have) in pic/sound department, would there be major difference in quality?

(2)Music Cd playback is it really good?

(3)Kindly provide list of movies that have DD surround EX 7.1 sound track,which are available here in india or abroad?

(4)Can it be made region free thro' its remote?

Thanks

hey mandeep,

i've not seen the 980 in action, i've seen the 981.....but still, from what I've read and what I know, here are some preliminary answers to your queries.

(1) the picture will definitely be better. I have the NS708, which is virtually identical to the NS78, and while it's a decent budget player, with good colour and definition, it does suffer from some image noise issues. The quality on the 980 will be significantly better than this.

(2) Yes, I have heard from several people that the audio CD playback of the 980 can rival and even exceed standalone budget CDPs like the cambridge audio 340C.

(3) er....i have no idea....i don't know if anyone will be able to help you with a list...

(4) yes it can! enjoy

hello all,

(1)What benefits does this model have over Sony NS78 dvd player (which i currently have) in pic/sound department, would there be major difference in quality?

(3)Kindly provide list of movies that have DD surround EX 7.1 sound track,which are available here in india or abroad?

Thanks

Hi Mandeep

I own a 980. Here are the answers.

1. I have not seen your particular Sony model but others. For pic quality, I believe the 980 is very good esp. when upscales to 720P resolution. Audio quality is hands down superb compared to players which are 2-3 times more expensive.

2. Phenomenol esp. when you use analog audio.

3. There is nothing like a DD EX 7.1 track. Its only matrixed as far as I know. Only PCM and DTS provide tracks beyond 5.1. Look here for a pretty decent listing. Though not exactly what you are asking, here is a good start to HD audio (covers PCM as well).

price-adjustment.com - Price Adjustment

4. Yes - and very easy too.

hello all,

Thanks

I thing you got answer for all Q.
For movies I can suggest 6.1 movies available in India-

1.Lord of the ring(2nd part?)
2.Xmen (3rd?)

Back