Recco for 65 inch TV - Sony v/s LG

argho

Looking for a replacement for my 64 inch Samsung plasma - which I was very happy with, but developed problems.

Went to Croma yesterday and had a look at 65 inchers.

My thoughts :

Samsung
- for their mid range TVs, picture quality is poor when viewed from the side.
- the SUHD is stunning, but only available in curved, which I do not want

Sony
- really liked the 65X8500D. Great picture quality
- wide viewing angles
- unfortunately no discount. Price 260K

LG
- The 65 inch B6 is good, but had heard so much about OLED, was expecting to be blown away. Was not.
- Brightness is a bit low
- After discount getting for 300K
- additional advantage is 2 year warranty

Any thoughts folks.
Am quite confused.

Hey, what happened to your plasma? Is it a 64F8500?

Mine went bad as well. Looking for OLED as replacement. I demo'd most from Vu, LG, Samsung to Sony. Samsung KS9000 is really good with SDR and HDR. Not too good when viewed off centre. Sony X930D good but 8 series is only decent for the price.

Between B6 and E6, the E6 is a tad brighter that makes the colours pop. I got a price of 2.34L for 55E6.

Hi Argho , while scouting just see if you can get an audition of a brand called Loewe. They are incredible televisions. I too currently have a panasonic plasma but im sure when the time comes i will switch to a loewe.
Cheers!
Anand Iyer
STEREO: Transrotor zet 1 TT, Transrotor 8.2 MC reference phono stage, Ortofon rondo red cartridge,MSB Platinum iv DAC, Electrocompaniet PC -1 CD player, mola mola Kaluga power amplifiers, Transparent audio Ultra cables and interconnects, Transparent audio premium USB cable , Synology D 415 play 12 TB RAID NAS drive ,Mac book air with Roon, Joseph Audio Perspectives Floor standers , Stillpoints Aperture Acoustic panels, Blue jeans CAT6a cables. Apple airport extreme router and D link switcher.

HT1: Optoma HD 82 projector, Ibox media player, Synology D 415 play 12 TB RAID NAS drive, Anthem MRX 500 AV receiver , B & W centres & surrounds , REL T5 subwoofer.

HT2: Panasonic 42' Plasma, Monitor audio Radius R250 centre and front speakers, Radius R90 rears and radius R360 subwoofer. Dune media player and pioneer BDP 140 blu ray player.

Hey, what happened to your plasma? Is it a 64F8500?

Mine went bad as well. Looking for OLED as replacement. I demo'd most from Vu, LG, Samsung to Sony. Samsung KS9000 is really good with SDR and HDR. Not too good when viewed off centre. Sony X930D good but 8 series is only decent for the price.

Between B6 and E6, the E6 is a tad brighter that makes the colours pop. I got a price of 2.34L for 55E6.

Hi Shaiju.

Yes its a Samsung 64F8500. Started getting vertical lines on one side.
Have posted in a different thread about it.
Samsung is giving me a ~ 1 lac refund for it, because they cant fix it.
Not bad for a 3 year old TV.

Am looking for a 65 inch. Difficult to downsize after being used to a 64 inch.
The 65 inch LG E6 pricing is ridiculous. Not going to touch it.

Hi Argho , while scouting just see if you can get an audition of a brand called Loewe. They are incredible televisions. I too currently have a panasonic plasma but im sure when the time comes i will switch to a loewe.
Cheers!
Anand Iyer
STEREO: Transrotor zet 1 TT, Transrotor 8.2 MC reference phono stage, Ortofon rondo red cartridge,MSB Platinum iv DAC, Electrocompaniet PC -1 CD player, mola mola Kaluga power amplifiers, Transparent audio Ultra cables and interconnects, Transparent audio premium USB cable , Synology D 415 play 12 TB RAID NAS drive ,Mac book air with Roon, Joseph Audio Perspectives Floor standers , Stillpoints Aperture Acoustic panels, Blue jeans CAT6a cables. Apple airport extreme router and D link switcher.

HT1: Optoma HD 82 projector, Ibox media player, Synology D 415 play 12 TB RAID NAS drive, Anthem MRX 500 AV receiver , B & W centres & surrounds , REL T5 subwoofer.

HT2: Panasonic 42' Plasma, Monitor audio Radius R250 centre and front speakers, Radius R90 rears and radius R360 subwoofer. Dune media player and pioneer BDP 140 blu ray player.

Thanks Anand.

Not sure whether Loewes is available in India.
Will look around.

Hi Shaiju.

Yes its a Samsung 64F8500. Started getting vertical lines on one side.
Have posted in a different thread about it.
Samsung is giving me a ~ 1 lac refund for it, because they cant fix it.
Not bad for a 3 year old TV.

Am looking for a 65 inch. Difficult to downsize after being used to a 64 inch.
The 65 inch LG E6 pricing is ridiculous. Not going to touch it.

65E6 is 4.02L when I last checked. That's ridiculously priced even when compared to UK prices. Anything close to 2.8 - 3.0L would be more agreeable.

I am sold on the 55E6 and will re-arrange my furniture for a closer distance.

65B6 was 2.89L when I checked yesterday.

65E6 is 4.02L when I last checked. That's ridiculously priced even when compared to UK prices. Anything close to 2.8 - 3.0L would be more agreeable.

I am sold on the 55E6 and will re-arrange my furniture for a closer distance.

65B6 was 2.89L when I checked yesterday.

Shaiju,

Where are you getting 65B6 for 2.89 ?

Demo the Panasonic. I don't think blacks are strong. Coming from plasma you may not like it. 2.19L looks like the sticker price. It will be much lesser than that.

Stick to OLED :)

Argho - I am evaluating 65 inch flat TV for same reasons. 64F8500 has gone bad (vertical lines).
Samsung has only 6 series in 65 inch (KU6470).

I liked Sony X8500D and X9300D better than Samsung. I don't think there is any other option as of now in the market.
Both TVs had a price cut yesterday (X8500D - MRP - INR 259,990/- and X9300D - MRP - INR 309,990/-). These are available at ~15% discount at the store from where I purchased Samsung Plasma.

shaiju_o_thomas - In case you are still looking for the TV, we can ask for a better discount.

Group buy is not a bad idea but I am from Mumbai.

Sony X930D is better than X850D. LG OLED 65B6 is for 2.89L in Mumbai. So go OLED if price difference is not much compared to LED.

Read about E6 and B6 just now. Looks like B6 beats x9300d

x9300d is avlbl at 2.68. Its from Hyderabad but they ship all India (Costs 2000 odd).

Can you check B6 price for a group buy?

Argho - I am evaluating 65 inch flat TV for same reasons. 64F8500 has gone bad (vertical lines).
Samsung has only 6 series in 65 inch (KU6470).

I liked Sony X8500D and X9300D better than Samsung. I don't think there is any other option as of now in the market.
Both TVs had a price cut yesterday (X8500D - MRP - INR 259,990/- and X9300D - MRP - INR 309,990/-). These are available at ~15% discount at the store from where I purchased Samsung Plasma.

shaiju_o_thomas - In case you are still looking for the TV, we can ask for a better discount.

Yogs - agree with you. Did not like the Samsung Series 6 at all. Preferred the Sony.

The prices you mentioned are the prices I saw in Croma on sunday (ie 2.59 for the Sony X8500D). Are you saying prices have come down 15% further ?

Am open to a group buy, but am based in Chennai.
Let me know if you have any ideas.

The X9300D is beyond my budget.

And honestly was not that impressed by the LG B6. Though am going to go and have another look, since everyone is so positive about it.

Read about E6 and B6 just now. Looks like B6 beats x9300d

x9300d is avlbl at 2.68. Its from Hyderabad but they ship all India (Costs 2000 odd).

Can you check B6 price for a group buy?

Best price I have got so far for a Lg 65 inch B6 is 2.99 from Tata Croma.

Yogs - agree with you. Did not like the Samsung Series 6 at all. Preferred the Sony.

The prices you mentioned are the prices I saw in Croma on sunday (ie 2.59 for the Sony X8500D). Are you saying prices have come down 15% further ?

Am open to a group buy, but am based in Chennai.
Let me know if you have any ideas.

The X9300D is beyond my budget.

And honestly was not that impressed by the LG B6. Though am going to go and have another look, since everyone is so positive about it.

I havent seen LG B6 live. Going by what shaiju mentioned and also what I read on cnet https://www.cnet.com/products/lg-oled65b6p/review/

Will go for a demo and also ask Hyderabad showroom for the price. They offer the best deal (x8500D is 2.25 and x9300D is 2.68).

If B6 can come around 2.6-2.7, it would be awesome.

I havent seen LG B6 live. Going by what shaiju mentioned and also what I read on cnet https://www.cnet.com/products/lg-oled65b6p/review/

Will go for a demo and also ask Hyderabad showroom for the price. They offer the best deal (x8500D is 2.25 and x9300D is 2.68).

If B6 can come around 2.6-2.7, it would be awesome.

Check and let me know. Also whether they will deliver in Chennai. They can do only if they are a chain and have a store in Chennai I guess.

Check and let me know. Also whether they will deliver in Chennai. They can do only if they are a chain and have a store in Chennai I guess.

I too am interested in group buy for LG Oled 65 B6 if they can deliver it to Ahmedabad.

The last quote which i got from the dealer is 2.89 without any inclusions like soundbar, etc. So if we can push for group buy we can hopefully get additional 10-15% discount on these quoted prices.

Spoke to the guy. If we order 3+ TVs, he is offering it at 2.78. Transportation charges would be additional (it costs apprx 1000 for Hyderabad to Bangalore).

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back