Recco for 65 inch TV - Sony v/s LG

Shaiju, Argho, israniamit - are you guys thinking of buying this at 2.78?
Argho - I dont think shipping to Chennai would be a problem. Will PM the showroom details to you. You can speak to them directly.

Argho - I dont think shipping to Chennai would be a problem. Will PM the showroom details to you. You can speak to them directly.

Yogs - I am going to go take another look at the B6 tomorrow, and then decide. Will let you know.

Yogs will they ship to Ahmedabad and what will the shipping cost. Also can you pl clarify on the extended warranty too.

Yogs will they ship to Ahmedabad and what will the shipping cost. Also can you pl clarify on the extended warranty too.

I dont know. You will have to talk to them directly.

I only discussed price (don't think extended warranty will be included in this price)

I've had a panasonic plasma for over 10yrs now. Despite a bit of burn in I still prefer it to the lcd/ led tvs (after the plasma they are too bright). I'm looking, to buy a tv and I came across the LG B6 in reviews. Argho had mentioned that the LG was not as great as he had expected. I still haven't taken a look at it. Am just wondering if it's better to go for a LED HDTV(for lack of UHD content) for now and wait for a year or so for improved OLEDs with more choice (i think only LG has OLED in India)or if the LG OLED is worth buying now? Would appreciate any advice regarding this.

Guys - i pulled the trigger today. Bought the Sony 65X8500D from Croma, for Rs 2.39 lacs.

Saw the LG B6 again. The picture quality really is amazing. The black levels are like plasma. However, the price difference is too much. I really needed a lower priced TV.

Congratulations.

For 50K more you would have got the 65B6 OLED if you were in Mumbai :)

Tks Shaiju.

Unfortunately not in Mumbai :)

And 50K is 50K I guess. Need to upgrade my receiver too now, since my current Denon 1910 cannot handle 4K and UHD video - so need some funds for that.

Planning on getting the Denon 2300. Have got a decent quote.

That's true. It may seem just 50,000 but you'll need to invest in AVR. Good luck.

Please do post some pics and impressions of the Sony when you get time.

Is there an issue with B6 availability now?

65x9300 - 2.62 and 65B6 - 2.78 - I am very inclined towards B6 but guess LG has discontinued it.

Is there an issue with B6 availability now?

65x9300 - 2.62 and 65B6 - 2.78 - I am very inclined towards B6 but guess LG has discontinued it.

Yogs - no issue with availability, as far as I am aware, but LG seem to have reduced discounts. At least at Croma, they are showing increased prices for the B6.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back