Receiver and Front Advice Required

EthenHunt

Hi All,

I will be making my baby steps into dedicated home theater. I have a dedicated room for this purpose (418x329 cm or 13.71x10.79 m). Currently acquired an Epson 2040 projector and will be getting Elite Sable Frame B2 from Amazon in few days.

From the sound perspective, i am thinking of slowly building the complete 5.1.2 setup. Will be starting with 2.0 setup as of now. Thinking of getting Polk Audio RT7 as of now. Will this fronts be an overkill for the room?

Requesting you advice on the cheapest receiver that can drive this speaker. I am looking for a receiver which supports Dolby Atmos support so that i can expand in the future. I am looking into a budget of around 60k for the receiver as of now.

Thanks all in advance.

Most AVR's 2016 and after feature Dolby Atmos. For the size of the room (13.71x10.79 ft), Denon has the x1400h and x2400h which might just fit into your budget.

Sony with the rave reviews on DN1080 might be worth your money too, though Sony doesn't come up often here when talking about AVRs.

Being fed up with Denon's crappy UI, app, streaming, etc I'd recommend against it but the Denon audio performance is beautiful for me to vote against it.
Audessey measures and improves the setup considerably instead of having to fiddle with and tinker endlessly to get the sound right.

Sony's UI is on the other hand cleaner and effective based on the reviews I've seen. I've not used Sony's AVRs or calibration to comment on the quality of the same. But features like Bluetooth Audio Out for headphones are practical and neat...

You can't go wrong with either...

Hi All,

I will be making my baby steps into dedicated home theater. I have a dedicated room for this purpose (418x329 cm or 13.71x10.79 m). Currently acquired an Epson 2040 projector and will be getting Elite Sable Frame B2 from Amazon in few days.

From the sound perspective, i am thinking of slowly building the complete 5.1.2 setup. Will be starting with 2.0 setup as of now. Thinking of getting Polk Audio RT7 as of now. Will this fronts be an overkill for the room?

Requesting you advice on the cheapest receiver that can drive this speaker. I am looking for a receiver which supports Dolby Atmos support so that i can expand in the future. I am looking into a budget of around 60k for the receiver as of now.

Thanks all in advance.

Hi,

Honestly for the RTiA7s you need a good AVR to drive them....i think if you get the A5s...you will be sorted...however add a sub.....

For AVR, since it would be used more for movies....Look at the Denon 2XXX series onwards as they have Multi EQ XT which is important from a calibration and tonal setup perspective. If I were you, i would go for a Marantz SR series.....it maybe expensive but it does the job well. I have a friend who uses the SR5012 with the A7s and he is very happy....no sub required as of now.

For subwoofers, there are many out there....better value for money and performance see BIC America PL 200 or H100ii. Polk DSW550 or 660 will also do...

If you are flexible looking at other speakers besides the Polk's, I would suggest doing so. Plenty decent options available and also opens up more options regarding AVR's that fit into the budget. is you room 13.71x10.79 m? It seems huge.

Hi All,

I will be making my baby steps into dedicated home theater. I have a dedicated room for this purpose (418x329 cm or 13.71x10.79 m).

I suppose you meant 13.71 feet x 10.79 feet..

Currently acquired an Epson 2040 projector and will be getting Elite Sable Frame B2 from Amazon in few days.

Great..

Consider a 2.2 (sat/bs + dual subs) for the same money as RTi A7.. Dual subs, more efficient than a FS.. My room is abt the same size as yours.. 14 (W) x 11 (L) feet and dual subs are just great for both movies & music..

Cheapest 5.1.2 capable AVR would be Pioneer VSX 932.. But others are also around that budget, but little more..

You can also check Pioneer VSX-LX302
If you are flexible looking at other speakers besides the Polk's, I would suggest doing so. Plenty decent options available and also opens up more options regarding AVR's that fit into the budget. is you room 13.71x10.79 m? It seems huge.

Hi. That was a typo. It is 13.71 X 10.79 feet. I am open towards other options as well. What would you suggest for the room of this size?

I suppose you meant 13.71 feet x 10.79 feet..

Great..

Consider a 2.2 (sat/bs + dual subs) for the same money as RTi A7.. Dual subs, more efficient than a FS.. My room is abt the same size as yours.. 14 (W) x 11 (L) feet and dual subs are just great for both movies & music..

Cheapest 5.1.2 capable AVR would be Pioneer VSX 932.. But others are also around that budget, but little more..

Yes. it is 13.71 feet x 10.79 feet. If i need to go for 2.2 configuration, i would need a receiver that would support 7.2 channel correct? What receiver and fronts/subwoofer you are using?

Hi,

Honestly for the RTiA7s you need a good AVR to drive them....i think if you get the A5s...you will be sorted...however add a sub.....

For AVR, since it would be used more for movies....Look at the Denon 2XXX series onwards as they have Multi EQ XT which is important from a calibration and tonal setup perspective. If I were you, i would go for a Marantz SR series.....it maybe expensive but it does the job well. I have a friend who uses the SR5012 with the A7s and he is very happy....no sub required as of now.

For subwoofers, there are many out there....better value for money and performance see BIC America PL 200 or H100ii. Polk DSW550 or 660 will also do...

Marantaz may be expensive beyond my budget. I can definitely look for Denon 2400x receiver. I would keep this also as a consideration.

Yes. it is 13.71 feet x 10.79 feet. If i need to go for 2.2 configuration, i would need a receiver that would support 7.2 channel correct?

Yes a 7.2 capable AVR (or) at-least 5.2 AVR.. Most entry level AVR also support dual subs these days..

What receiver and fronts/subwoofer you are using?

I have Denon x 3300.. Fronts are Sonodyne LCR250 satellite (Discontinued) + Taga Harmony Sw 10 v2 subwoofers..

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back