Recent buying on Amazon.co.uk

Kapeel

I am planning on buying a new cartridge from amazon.co.uk, generally along with the price of the product and shipping cost, Amazon US/UK also provides the estimated customs charge and hence the total cost.

Yesterday, when I was adding my the new cartridge to amazon.co.uk cart I did not see any line value for customs charge.

Has anyone in the recent past placed an order on Amazon UK/US? did you end up paying any monies for customs over and above the cost given by Amazon ?

Thanks

hi now a days indian customs charging about 50% of duty on declared value of amazon items shipped to india . as i recently imported vinyls from amazon uk for 200gbp and charged around 9600 duty in india by customs and collected by india post.

regards

I am planning on buying a new cartridge from amazon.co.uk, generally along with the price of the product and shipping cost, Amazon US/UK also provides the estimated customs charge and hence the total cost.

Yesterday, when I was adding my the new cartridge to amazon.co.uk cart I did not see any line value for customs charge.

Has anyone in the recent past placed an order on Amazon UK/US? did you end up paying any monies for customs over and above the cost given by Amazon ?

Thanks

In my experience of buying from Amazon US i havent had to pay any duties so far above what i paid to Amazon upfront for the item. So no extra charges over and above cost. They even refund if the duty charges are less than they estimated during checkout.

hi now a days indian customs charging about 50% of duty on declared value of amazon items shipped to india . as i recently imported vinyls from amazon uk for 200gbp and charged around 9600 duty in india by customs and collected by india post.

regards
Since you ordered the LPs on Amazon.co.uk, how is it that Amazon not deliver the LPs ? How is India post involved ?
In the event duties have to be payed, I would have thought Amazon will initially pay for you at the customs and than collect the same at the time of delivery.

In my experience of buying from Amazon US i havent had to pay any duties so far above what i paid to Amazon upfront for the item. So no extra charges over and above cost. They even refund if the duty charges are less than they estimated during checkout.
I thought as much, just wanted to be hear similar experiences..Thank you !!

no idea usuallw lower priced purchases from amazon uk shipped by ropyal mail uk and delivered by india post in india. duty is calculated by customs people at arriving clearence and collected by the local post man when he delivers the item to buyer

I recently bought some items from Europe (audio related and general). One was shipped using post, and the other via DHL express to my personal name and address (not company)

In both instances, the duties charged were between 40% - 50%

Also, customs clearance in post, took 15-20 days!

I have bought CDs from prestomusic.com - they ship from the UK. I paid just shipping charges and they send via post. Of course, I have not ordered anything of really high value - below 50 pounds - which might also matter.

I generally buy CDs and SACDs from Amazon UK. No customs duty, only shipping charges.
When was your last transaction ?
I was a regular buyer too and never paid any duties but after the pandemic started, I'm getting this message for all CDs/BDs etc :
"This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location."
Could you check once again please ? Thanks.

When was your last transaction ?
I was a regular buyer too and never paid any duties but after the pandemic started, I'm getting this message for all CDs/BDs etc :
"This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location."
Could you check once again please ? Thanks.
Screenshot_2020-09-16-21-13-25-66.png
All of these have already been arrived.

I usually buy from sellers Rarewaves and Dodax-online-uk. They both ships to India.

Thanks

Hi Kapeel, I had ordered Marantz CD 6006 UK edition, Kabel Direkt speaker wire last year from Amazon.co.uk and they have reached very promptly. The cost which is shown before accepting it is the final cost inclusive of duty & logistics. You don't have to pay anything above that nor interact with the customs or anyone. You can ask the courier service such as DHL, the duty receipt after it gets delivered. You get the consolidated invoice from Amazon anyways.

Hi Kapeel, I had ordered Marantz CD 6006 UK edition, Kabel Direkt speaker wire last year from Amazon.co.uk and they have reached very promptly. The cost which is shown before accepting it is the final cost inclusive of duty & logistics. You don't have to pay anything above that nor interact with the customs or anyone. You can ask the courier service such as DHL, the duty receipt after it gets delivered. You get the consolidated invoice from Amazon anyways.
Thank you Nitin for confirming my understanding.....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back