Recommend HT Setup

sgmane

Hi Folks,

Request to recommend for a HT setup.

This may be a 30:70, movies:music requirement. My budget is 30K now (+3k max). (for AVR + 5.1 speakers + interconnects). This is one time investment, so will not be changing the source until its dead!! No upgrades (if i go for option 1) too.
Iam not looking for sony, philips, samsung or similar. Some how these are not of interests to me. And to add atleast for quite sometime i will not be upgrading my tv either!

One of my long standing desire is to own a Denon stuff. Had read much reviews in this forum and elsewhere about Denon products. I also find reasonable good reviews on 1709 too.
Looking for floor standers if budget fits in. Else i can go for option 2 as per your recommendation.
Room size: apprx 187 sqft (includes dining area) (Its an apartment with pathway to bedrooms, kitchen, balcony)

Option 1:
Denon 1709 + Jamo 406 5.1 package (or any similar 5.1 package)

Option 2:
Denon 1709 + any 2.0 setup and later expand to 5.1
Denon 1709 go with Mission 34i FS? (and later add center, surround etc)

Option 3:
Any other recommended stuff by all you folks (If Denon does not fit in, you can go in for other AVR in same price range)

Earlier i did see Denon 15xx, 16xx, 17xx retailing for apprx 25-30000+ and now i can see Denon AVR-1709 7.1-Channel Multi-Zone Home Theater Receiver is retailing for apprx 17000 Rs with 2 yr warranty and 1609 should be less than this (i have not read any reviews on 1609 though!!). In US i could see 1709 goes for apprx $200. Is it a good buy?

Ofcourse not-to-leave-alone are the interconnects. I shall go with MX cables the cheapest (and probably best in its category) as mentioned in the forum.

TV: Sony LCD 26"
Planned: Pioneer DV410 or 600
Place: Chennai

Are there dealers/service centers in chennai for Denon (and for the speakers i buy - speakers which you recommend)? Or i buy them in bangalore and for any service i need to come back to bangalore?!!!

Thanks

if you listen to mostly music then i would suggest that you got for a plain stereo setup. you would get MUCH BETTER sound quality within your budget and movies wouldn't sound bad at all

Last edited:
Hi,

+1 to what afj has suggested. If you still want to go the AVR way i think you should consider Marantz AVRS which are a fine balance between music and movies.

cheers,
sri

Hi Folks,

Request to recommend for a HT setup.

This may be a 30:70, movies:music requirement. My budget is 30K now (+3k max). (for AVR + 5.1 speakers + interconnects). This is one time investment, so will not be changing the source until its dead!! No upgrades (if i go for option 1) too.
Iam not looking for sony, philips, samsung or similar. Some how these are not of interests to me. And to add atleast for quite sometime i will not be upgrading my tv either!

One of my long standing desire is to own a Denon stuff. Had read much reviews in this forum and elsewhere about Denon products. I also find reasonable good reviews on 1709 too.
Looking for floor standers if budget fits in. Else i can go for option 2 as per your recommendation.
Room size: apprx 187 sqft (includes dining area) (Its an apartment with pathway to bedrooms, kitchen, balcony)

Option 1:
Denon 1709 + Jamo 406 5.1 package (or any similar 5.1 package)

Option 2:
Denon 1709 + any 2.0 setup and later expand to 5.1
Denon 1709 go with Mission 34i FS? (and later add center, surround etc)

Option 3:
Any other recommended stuff by all you folks (If Denon does not fit in, you can go in for other AVR in same price range)

Earlier i did see Denon 15xx, 16xx, 17xx retailing for apprx 25-30000+ and now i can see Denon AVR-1709 7.1-Channel Multi-Zone Home Theater Receiver is retailing for apprx 17000 Rs with 2 yr warranty and 1609 should be less than this (i have not read any reviews on 1609 though!!). In US i could see 1709 goes for apprx $200. Is it a good buy?

Ofcourse not-to-leave-alone are the interconnects. I shall go with MX cables the cheapest (and probably best in its category) as mentioned in the forum.

TV: Sony LCD 26"
Planned: Pioneer DV410 or 600
Place: Chennai

Are there dealers/service centers in chennai for Denon (and for the speakers i buy - speakers which you recommend)? Or i buy them in bangalore and for any service i need to come back to bangalore?!!!

Thanks

Hi SGMane,

Welcome to HIFIVision.

Ur budget is too tight. It will be very difficult. U better start with Denon 1709+ Mission 34i FS option. Then when fundz r available u can add sub+center+surrounds. This option also starts @35K. U will need 12K for Surround+CEnter and 15K for Sub. More, u will need 6.3K for DVDP( Go for Pio 610 6.3K OR Philips 5996 5K).

One Question of my own. Where r u getting 1709 for 17K?

Cheers

Happy Hunting.

@Yogesh.
Thanks so much.
Yes as you informed, start with Denon 1709 + Mission 34i now. And then later add the rest.
One can get some of the products in good price at 20north.com. You can check the same.

@srikarkav
@afj
Thanks. Oh!! Let me also look into marantz AVR. I was looking only at their CD/DVD and even had a demo. Can you tell me if there any dealer(s) in chennai for marantz?

@srikarkav
Thanx. Let me check in Profx at spencer plaza. If they gonna price me heavy, i will look into the 20north for the same (I suppose this would be cheaper when compared to profx!!!)

@Yogesh.
Thanks so much.
Yes as you informed, start with Denon 1709 + Mission 34i now. And then later add the rest.
One can get some of the products in good price at 20north.com. You can check the same.

@srikarkav
@afj
Thanks. Oh!! Let me also look into marantz AVR. I was looking only at their CD/DVD and even had a demo. Can you tell me if there any dealer(s) in chennai for marantz?

@srikarkav
Thanx. Let me check in Profx at spencer plaza. If they gonna price me heavy, i will look into the 20north for the same (I suppose this would be cheaper when compared to profx!!!)

1709 at 20north is 17K+4/7K shipping

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back