Recommendations needed on surge protector power strip (10 Amp +)

Comskian

I have a 16 AMP plug socket made near my HT setup area since I was misinformed at the time of house construction and thought AV receivers always need one! Now that it has been done, I am trying to use a power strip (with surge protection) on that socket where i can plug in my TV and receiver plus a sub-woofer once i buy one (of course, if the total amp drawn is under 16A).

The problem is that I am not able to find a good surge protector which supports at least 10-15 amps after many months of searching around in internet. The only protection for the devices plugged in that socket will be through the power strip and hence I need recommendation from the experts on a good one. Thanks in advance for the help! (I hope I have posted in the right forum!)

15 amp line is recommended to have some headroom. 6 amps would also suffice in most cases. You should be able to use a 6A strip safely.
Another option is something like OBO Betterman surge protector.

I don't think by just using a power strip you are saved. Voltage fluctuation is another problem, how stable it may be you never know when there is going to be over voltage or under voltage.

A power strip with fast blow fuse and a voltage stabilizer/regulator(research before you buy) should do.

There are power conditioners that has everything (filters, surge protection and voltage regulation) but hard to find in 230V or are costly. People usually use it for better sound but i believe its just a gimmick :D

Don't take changes with a 6A, if you have Amp's/Receivers connected prefer 15A terminal.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back