Recommendations on Blu-Ray player with two HDMI outputs

venkat_83

I have started my journey to land into the HD home theater world a couple of weeks back and I am currently exploring the options available. So, here I am seeking your recommendations on a good Blu-Ray player.

Usually I do not upgrade my AV components for many years unless there are compelling reasons. Having said that, following are my requirements.

Must have features:
1) 3D playback
2) 4K up-scaling of video from all sources and 2 HDMI outputs
3) 5.1 analog audio output
4) Dolby-TrueHD and DTS-HDMA decoding
5) Support for at least 1TB external HDD and playback of all popular file formats [I basically watch downloaded content]
6) Budget around 15K

On paper, Samsung's BD-F7500 looks good fit for my needs. But I am not sure if there are any competitors and also I am little worried about the following statements in the user manual of BD-F7500.

- Your player will not play content that has been recorded on a DVD-R at a bit-rate that exceeds 10 Mbps.
- Your player will not play content that has been recorded on a BD-R or USB device at a bit rate that exceeds 25 Mbps

For DVDs 10mbps might be ok but for BDs a max of 25Mbps bit rate is good enough? Can someone shed some light on this?

Also, all BD-F7500 owners, please tell me your experiences with it.

Thanks,
Venkat

Is 4K up-scaling required in a BD player when a 4K TV also does the same?

I use a pioneer BDP450, which has 2 HDMI OUTS 1 -primary for pure audio n 2-vor pure audio out. not sure if this is available now.

u have the option in the remote even to select only audio r both mix with the single hdmi

~~Rakesh

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back