Recommended side surround and rear surround Placement

annapl

i have 7.1.4 setup till now i used to hear side and rear surround by placing them in ear level
no i placed them above head 2-3 ft approx and i can feel day and night difference like im in a 3 dimensional space of sound

What is the Recommended side surround and rear surround placement height for immersive dolby atmos experience
everyone share your experience and your current placements

Recommended as per Dolby is ear-level or a feet high at max when you have atmos also into play.

However my opinion having experienced the same in a larger distance during audition and in a smaller room at my place would be

i) For a large room with sufficient distance between sitting position, surround back and side surround speakers also far away from each other the height might be more enjoyable and 3d like

ii) For a smaller room with slightly minimal distance , its better kept at ear level. Primary reason being the atmos back and surround back content seem to be coming from a similar angle to you. Also for panning effects it feels like the effects at front are at a lower level in comparison and feels a little odd.

i have 7.1.4 setup till now i used to hear side and rear surround by placing them in ear level
no i placed them above head 2-3 ft approx and i can feel day and night difference like im in a 3 dimensional space of sound

What is the Recommended side surround and rear surround placement height for immersive dolby atmos experience
everyone share your experience and your current placements
I use Bipoles for Surround and rear surrounds placed around 2.5 feet higher than ear level. It gives much more immersive feeling. Having surrounds too close or direct to ear kills the "spatial" impact for sure.

I use Bipoles for Surround and rear surrounds placed around 2.5 feet higher than ear level. It gives much more immersive feeling. Having surrounds too close or direct to ear kills the "spatial" impact for sure.
2.5 feet to tweeter or to bottom of the speaker

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back