Recover your Gmail if you forgot password

Chulbulee

I was using Seagate's Hybrid drive, with tons of RAM plus usual disk, and it failed over dozen times, got it replaced 3-4 times but never thought I would be this dumb, not to keep my passwords safe. It so happened that I created 3-4 new email-ids and had used barely for a week or two, my disk crashed. Though these IDs were temporary, somehow some important emails (that I scoured from other IDs and forwarded here) became extremely important. That crashed disk meant my browsers, too were gone and were the passwords saved by default as well.

All emails had recovery emails, mobile numbers, BUT Google did not use any one of them. It wanted ONLY password: It asked, use ANY old password, but these accounts were new, had no previous passwords and I was stuck. Neither any youtube videos nor websites offered any help. When I used a link to force Google to use my mobile, it accepted, sent OTP and listed all the accounts with that number, but did not use either the recovery email or mobile to help me out.

The other day, I opened my browser, and unknowingly typed my failed gmail-id and typed password of my working ID, and VOILA! Google gave me the option to change password and my Eureka moment was there. Google knows your IP and the passwords coming from there, so, even if you interchange passwords, it assumes you are genuine ...

Hope it helps someone in dire straits!

I was using Seagate's Hybrid drive, with tons of RAM plus usual disk, and it failed over dozen times, got it replaced 3-4 times but never thought I would be this dumb, not to keep my passwords safe. It so happened that I created 3-4 new email-ids and had used barely for a week or two, my disk crashed. Though these IDs were temporary, somehow some important emails (that I scoured from other IDs and forwarded here) became extremely important. That crashed disk meant my browsers, too were gone and were the passwords saved by default as well.

All emails had recovery emails, mobile numbers, BUT Google did not use any one of them. It wanted ONLY password: It asked, use ANY old password, but these accounts were new, had no previous passwords and I was stuck. Neither any youtube videos nor websites offered any help. When I used a link to force Google to use my mobile, it accepted, sent OTP and listed all the accounts with that number, but did not use either the recovery email or mobile to help me out.

The other day, I opened my browser, and unknowingly typed my failed gmail-id and typed password of my working ID, and VOILA! Google gave me the option to change password and my Eureka moment was there. Google knows your IP and the passwords coming from there, so, even if you interchange passwords, it assumes you are genuine ...

Hope it helps someone in dire straits!
Useful information.
It is safer to write down the used I'd and password on a diary than Saving them digitally .

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back