Regarding connection of my HTPC

djamit

I have following equipments installed on my media pc.
Intel 2600k processor , i7, 3.4 Ghz
Intel 67BL motherboard
Nvidia graphics card Geforce GT 440, 2GB
Sony HT DDW 5500, 6.2 ch
Sony kdl NX 520

Now i want take audio and video signal output through graphics card on my pc and then want bypass it through sony HT and then want to take video output through Sony TV and audio through Sony HT..
Currently i have 2 HDMI cable and one spdif cable and analog cable but i want only digital output and input i.e HDMI. My TV, HT, PC, and graphics card do support for HDMI.

Please help me

The best would be to connect your HTPC to the Sony HT through an HDMI cable, and connect your TV to the HDMI out of the Sony HT. That is the best way of connecting. The Sony HT will not degrade your video if that is what you are worried about.

Cheers

This seems simple ..... HDMI out from your GPU to HDMI in of your Sony AVR. Another HDMI cable from sony HDMI out to your TV HDMI in.

Since you have two HDMI outs, connect one cable from the motherboard out to your HT and connect the second cable from your graphics card to your TV.

Now make sure you have intel graphics drivers installed, Lucid Virtu installed and then in your playback software select the Intel HDMI output as your audio output device.

Thats it. Job done! Now audio will go to the motherboard hdmi out and video to the nvidia hdmi out.

currently i have connected one hdmi cable from my graphics card(output) to my Sony Ht (input) and then sony HT (output) into Sony TV(input).
But still audio is not coming.:mad:

currently i have connected one hdmi cable from my graphics card(output) to my Sony Ht (input) and then sony HT (output) into Sony TV(input).

I think you need to make the settings to play audio from the Sony HT only. This setting will be there in your Sony HT. Just check it out. This way the video gets passed to the TV from the HT and the sound comes from the HT speakers.

Thanks

Merely connecting the hdmi cable to the receiver won't give sound. You need to set hdmi as the default sound device in your pc and the media players.

Right click task bar volume control > Playback devices > Set hdmi as the default device. Also set the property of hdmi to 5.1 speaker system. Now set hdmi as the audio device in your media player also.

I had the same problem. Apart from the above solution you may have to disable the realtech digital device (onboard audio of MB) in your device manager with only the nvidia controllers enabled. That worked for me.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back