Region A blu-Ray Movies in Mumbai

I had checked at alpha, good collection but they were all indian theatrical releases i.e with the censor certificate stuck on the left hand bottom at the back of the pack hence i skipped.

Anyone visited lamington road yet... hope we can get some region A blu-rays there.

Planet M & Rhythm House are two places where I have seen quite some Blu-ray disks.

Landmark is having a SALE till 11th October. I am not sure whether it is at all stores countrywide. I will be checking out the store at Versova this weekend.

Hi,

On order basis at no extra cost, Landmark dose get Region A BluRays. But by default they do not keep region A.

cheers.

In india if you are specificially looking for region A blu ray disks then my friend you would be highly disappointed, since India falls under the region C of the Blu Ray zone so most of the official sources like Landmark, Planet M keep either region free disks or region locked to C disks. If you really interested in getting region A disks then it would be best to order the same through either of these sites:
1. Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more guaranteed region A and sure shot delivery, tried and trusted by most throughout the world.
2. www.movietyme.com keeps both region free and region locked disks but charges in UK pounds.
3. If you want to save yourself from the hasseles of importing and CUSTOMS DUTY then order through Shop in the US from India @ 20North - Millions of products, Thousands of brands
I hope the above information helps you in sourcing your disk related needs.

It will indeed help Ashish. Eventually i am left with no option but to buy online. I was looking for an easy and fast way out by simply walking into a store and picking from whats available. Guess still a long time before we can actually do that in Mumbai.

It will indeed help Ashish. Eventually i am left with no option but to buy online. I was looking for an easy and fast way out by simply walking into a store and picking from whats available. Guess still a long time before we can actually do that in Mumbai.

Illusion - thats indeed the best option, the titles available in India right now look hopeless. You will get some Sony titles and a limited WB movies thats about it. I ordered 3 blu rays from Amazon UK. You get good deals and all uncut versions thats what I like most.

Had been to the Landmark SALE yesterday which was the last day of the SALE. However, all Bargain Hunters including me need not be disappointed. There wasn't much on offer. There were 4 boxes in the center where all the goods were at 50% off. Glancing into these boxes revealed a hell lot of obscure movies and albums. There was a some classical collection on offer which may be a saving grace. The best stuff was probably all gone since it was the last day.

There was a 20% discount on select Audio CD's, which can hardly be called a discount. Again, my search was for some good albums returned a blank :sad:.

And now for some good news !!

DTS-HD hunters can smile, if not rejoice, at the moment. There is a section dedicated to Blu-Ray with around 200-250 disks. Blu-Rays from Universal, 20th Century Fox have DTS-HD Master Audio clearly mentioned on the back side:yahoo:. Some of the good ones I spotted were "Death Race", "The Incredible Hulk", "Shutter", "X-Men Origins - Wolverine, "X-Men - The Last Stand". Warner Blu-Rays marketed by BIG Home Video have Dolby TrueHD. Prices are in the range of 1199 - 1399. The cover print layout is very good on these.

But the most disappointing of the lot is, believe it or not, the titles distributed by Sony Pictures. The back side only mentions "English 5.1", no mention of Dolby or DTS, leaving one in complete mystery. Also, the cover print quality seems like it has been printed using a Color Xerox machine :lol:. Sony really needs to revisit its packaging quality, which leaves a lot to be desired and is totally unexpected from the inventor of bluray technology. The disks may have real high definition content, but the entire package needs to be good, including the cover art and inlay.

Last edited:
Illusion - thats indeed the best option, the titles available in India right now look hopeless. You will get some Sony titles and a limited WB movies thats about it. I ordered 3 blu rays from Amazon UK. You get good deals and all uncut versions thats what I like most.

Exactly, this is what even I am looking for...uncut movies the way the director wants us to see.... hence didnt pick up any of those Indian censor certified blu rays.

came to know that the the telugu movie ARUNDHATHI has been released on blu ray, has anybody come across this in any of the stores , any idea where i cud buy this one from

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back