Region B Blu ray Disc are playing on my Region C Indian BDP-S1200 Blu ray player

kashyap84

Hello,

Recently I bought some blu rays from europe which are region B.

I was not having knowledge at that time about blu ray region code.

But all region B blu rays are playing on my my Region C Indian BDP-S1200 Blu ray player.

Now I am encouraged to buy region B blu rays from www.amazon.uk

Wanted to share this amazing information.

Please share information / feedback regarding this..............

Just confirm that your Bluray discs are not region free which are played on Indian BDp.I bought few from amazon.uk out of few were region free discs.So they can be played on any bluray player.

I re-confirmed my blu ray player as Region C from back of the player.

And there is Region B Indicated on Blu-ray. I checked this for 3 different region B blu rays. All are playing perfectly fine.

So all Region B blu rays can be played on my player????????

Please Suggest...........

I re-confirmed my blu ray player as Region C from back of the player.

And there is Region B Indicated on Blu-ray. I checked this for 3 different region B blu rays. All are playing perfectly fine.

So all Region B blu rays can be played on my player????????

Please Suggest...........

Don't take any decision on Blu-rays/printing. They can be region free but printed Region B. Even I have some Blu-rays which are Region B only but the card says Region Free. Got refund from Amazon UK for that.

The best way to check the discs is
1. Check all discs on any other Sony BD player (Region C), see if it works.
2. Check all discs in Region A player, if it doen't play then disc is Region B and your player can play that.

It it plays on all player then disc is Region Free.

Guys,
i have the same problem with my Sony PS3, I have some Bluerays from the states but cannot play them as the PS3 was bought from Middleeast.
Is there any work around that? Heard the new firmware update was going to take care of this issue but nothing on that yet.
Marzi

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back