Regrets !

manek

Hi,

Wanted to know if there are folks here who regret selling or giving away any of their music equipment.

For me, I still kick myself for not being able to stop the home minister giving away a Blaupunkt valve car radio which came in three units, a power supply, a radio/preamp, and power amp. This happened when I was in my teens so you can guess which minister I am referring to.

It was part of my grandads legacy from the 50’s and 60’s.

Just think about it, I could have restored it and fitted it in the family car and be that one in a million guys to have tube stereo setup in my car 😃. But that was not to be 😒

My biggest regret was letting go of my REL T0 that I sold for pennies when I moved houses, it was a brilliant sub, but in the then large study, it was a bit pointless. Moved to my new house and a smaller study and miss that bugger everyday with the Quad S1s :)

Another big regret is letting go of my Westone W60 earphones in a gear simplification effort. That IEM is missed every single day I put on the Etymotic ER4XRs. Miss the taut bass, but the thing I miss the most is the comfort, all day wearing comfort, sleep with them on comfort.

My biggest regret was letting go of my REL T0 that I sold for pennies when I moved houses, it was a brilliant sub, but in the then large study, it was a bit pointless. Moved to my new house and a smaller study and miss that bugger everyday with the Quad S1s :)

Another big regret is letting go of my Westone W60 earphones in a gear simplification effort. That IEM is missed every single day I put on the Etymotic ER4XRs. Miss the taut bass, but the thing I miss the most is the comfort, all day wearing comfort, sleep with them on comfort.
I can relate to your pain brother on the headphone bit. I lost a headphone Sennheiser hd50 for portable use. It was an on the ear headphone. Thats when my love for Sennheiser started. Lost them whilst moving goods. I am so sure they were nicked by the packers.

Never used subs and probably wont in the future but as they say “Never say never” 😃.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back