Reliance broadband not working strange problem

deba

Dear All,

For the last 7 days my Reliance Broadband Connection is switched off from 7 PM to 10 AM next day. I have lodged several complains to the Reliance Toll Free Customer Care number and email them, but they fail to solve the problem or at least call and say where the problem is.I am from Central Kolkata.

Interesting part is that the ADSL Link is present in the modem and I get the message Acquiring network address but then I get the final message The connection has limited or no connectivity in Windows XP Home Edition. The same connection in the same computer will start to work after 10 AM every day and stop working at around 7 PM. It seems someone is switching any ISP equipment ON and OFF every day.

Can anyone say what can be the probable cause of such an issue where the ADSL link is not down but the computer fails to get an IP address and how to get it solved since Reliance customer care cannot help. It seems Reliance has one of the worst customer care at present.:mad:

Thanks in advance.

If this is happening everyday, it might be at their end. They're limiting the connection from 7PM to 10AM.

Yeah this happened when I had TATA DoCoMo also. They used to switch off from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. It would go out even when there is a power outage. Disconnected the connection.

They have switches/routers for "converting" the signal from fibre to copper.
It seems like one such switch is installed in some office building and those office buggers switch off the power at 7 pm while going home and switch it on everyday in the morning.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back