Reliance Digital Reconnect Active Bookshelf Speakers

krimurali

Hi all,

I am looking for Budget active bookshelf speakers and shortlisted the Edifier Studio 7(128w RMS) a month back. Still available in Naaptol for Rs. 10k. Then there were good reviews about Genius SP HF 1800a(50w RMS) which is available online for Rs. 3500. Was planning to buy this, when I got a chance to visit Reliance digital. Here i chanced to hear the Reconnect REBTB2003 model bookshelf speakers(40w RMS) by Reliance digital. It had bluetooth connectivity too. The price mentioned was Rs. 4500. Any review by experts?

Rgd
Murali

you could try Swans MKII 1080 active monitors. i have been using them and satisfied with the sound - needs some run in though.

Hi abhi and all4music,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have done almost 1 month of research and shortlisted speakers from brands, Genius, Edifier and Reconnect. I am unable to decide between these three. I am definitely not an audiophile like you people here, just a casual listener who wants large speakers(no separate subwoofer) for music listening. So can you evaluate the three models and help me finalize the best value for money speakers.

P.S.: You will be surprised to know the import price for Swans D1080 model and the retail price for us. Definitely not VFM. Check out in the below link. Also you can compare other models also.

https://www.zauba.com/

Swans have introduced newer version of D1080MKII which is D1080-IV which is better in overall SQ.

i haven't heard D1080-IV so can't comment on the 'better' part. it has bigger driver but body is made of PVC and is lighter. and i like the classic look of D1080MKII :)

Hi abhi and all4music,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have done almost 1 month of research and shortlisted speakers from brands, Genius, Edifier and Reconnect. I am unable to decide between these three. I am definitely not an audiophile like you people here, just a casual listener who wants large speakers(no separate subwoofer) for music listening. So can you evaluate the three models and help me finalize the best value for money speakers.

P.S.: You will be surprised to know the import price for Swans D1080 model and the retail price for us. Definitely not VFM. Check out in the below link. Also you can compare other models also.

https://www.zauba.com/

i am not an audiophile, based on your post i guessed you are ok to spend till 10K+ .

i definitely do not know the VFM part here. this was the best option i had in active monitors and no this definitely does not require a sub unless you are looking for boom bass or for movie watching.

i do not have any experience in listening to the brands you have mentioned. so can't comment. only advise though difficult to achieve is audition and decide.
all the best.

Last edited:
All4music,

Where did you purchase Swans MKII 1080 speakers in Bangalore. What is the price. Will consider your recommendation.

All4music,

Where did you purchase Swans MKII 1080 speakers in Bangalore. What is the price. Will consider your recommendation.

i got it from hifinage.com [online]. i don't see the listing for Swans 1080MKII now but its been replaced with 1080 -IV. their listed price does not include shipping and stuff. so clarify before ordering. their shipping is not great. overall not a great buying experience but satisfied with the product.

i don't know if the links to other forums are allowed but here is a short review and experience of the speakers by me on other forum: https://gearheads.in/showthread.php?18136-active-monitors-Swans-D1080MKII

Please tell what and how many inputs are available on the speakers.
There is no info on the websites.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back