Remote controller for laptop?

rohitmusic

Hi Friends,
I think this must be a common requirement many of you must have encountered.

Is there anyway that I can remotely control the music playback on my laptop? Right now it is a real pain to manually select/change the tracks :(

BTW I have an Iphone 3G and a couple of Samsung phones (Star series) if that helps.

Last edited:
I have a simple one i picked up from ebay for 650. build quality is a bit flimsy, but doesn't make a difference if you already have a universal remote. It's plug and play - it emulates a multimedia keyboard, but the flipside is that unlike lirc, you can't customize it much

I have a simple one i picked up from ebay for 650. build quality is a bit flimsy, but doesn't make a difference if you already have a universal remote. It's plug and play - it emulates a multimedia keyboard, but the flipside is that unlike lirc, you can't customize it much

Kool, if any link/pics worth checking please do share... :)

ebay is blocked at work, but its the same thing as this
Amazon.com: SANOXY Wireless USB PC Remote Control Mouse for PC: Electronics
range is great - works flawlessly in my room (11x13) the included remote is a bit flimsy and the layout is a bit unergonomic, and occasionally after turning on from sleep, it doesnt get detected by my laptop - gets fixed after replugging.

For 650 Bucks, I can't complain much!

If you use J River Media Center for your music playback,then you can control your laptop with an iPad / iPhone very effectively using Jremote,which is available in the App Store.

If you use J River Media Center for your music playback,then you can control your laptop with an iPad / iPhone very effectively using Jremote,which is available in the App Store.

Thanks!
I mostly use Mediamonkey or Foobar. Yet to try other players.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back