Replacing crossover capacitors in my speakers

Indian supplier like mouser.in
Mouser is USA supplier. They ship from out of India you will pay shipping and import duty.

Dayton you will get it in diyaudiocart.com india seller.

But the rest of capacitors I never happen to deal with Indian suppliers.

Didn't you find the capacitor/s that you are looking for at theaudiocrafts? Tried diyaudiocart.com? Tanotis?

I was looking for Indian supplier like mouser.in or the audiocraft link given earlier
mouser.in is actually not local. They import. Long lead times + all applicable import charges. Turned out much costlier than the prices indicated on their website (when I bought some stuff a few years ago).

Diyaudiocart Dayton audio capacitor

Expensive....as compared to theaudiocrafts

Also theaudiocrafts prices are similar to madisound in the US

Nice note on originals and fakes

Last edited:
I have bought several items from theaudiocrafts and find him reliable, Diyaudiocart is also a reliable Indian site.

Before you spend big money on these, Ty with locally available cheap caps of the same value to see if the crossover caps are your problem. Or try swapping the crossover from the healthy box to the muffled speaker. It’s very unlikely that one box aged more than the other. So the issue can be something else.

For Electrolytics - Alcon, I am using them for my F5T and Aleph2 PSU.
For MKP - I bought mine from Mouser (Kemet, there are many good brands). I used them for crossover.

Find a local manufacturer whose caps you want to try and reach out to them directly, they will give you contact of dealer.

For Audio crossover use I didn't find any one Indian company manufacturing polypropylene film capacitors.
You must be joking. There are 10s of 100s of companies selling these capacitors. I myself have started using oil filled MPP capacitors past 2 years both in my amplifier and crossover. They are equal to or sometimes better than the so called audiophile capacitors. You need to search hard to find the right brand and the end result will be highly rewarding both quality and cost wise.
My 2 paise.

PS: I have many of the so called audiophile grade capacitors gathering dust after apples to apples comparison with the oil filled capacitors, i stopped using them. Any one interested to get them, please DM me.

You must be joking. There are 10s of 100s of companies selling these capacitors. I myself have started using oil filled MPP capacitors past 2 years both in my amplifier and crossover. They are equal to or sometimes better than the so called audiophile capacitors. You need to search hard to find the right brand and the end result will be highly rewarding both quality and cost wise.
My 2 paise.

PS: I have many of the so called audiophile grade capacitors gathering dust after apples to apples comparison with the oil filled capacitors, i stopped using them. Any one interested to get them, please DM me.
That's been my experience with electrolytic caps. I dare say that the Keltrons is better than the Nichikons. The ESR of keltrons take much longer than the nichikons to increase with time. They are probably as good as the Panasonic

Last edited:
Would you rather use Electrolytic capacitors or polypropylene capacitors?
That's been my experience with electrolytic caps. I dare say that the Keltrons is better than the Nichikons. The ESR of keltrons take much longer than the nichikons to increase with time. They are probably as good as the Panasonic

Would you rather use Electrolytic capacitors or polypropylene capacitors?
electrolyctic caps cannot be used where you require non-polarized caps. They are typically used where there is DC like power supplies, decoupling circuits. At the moment the most important thing is to open your speaker to view the crossover and see what caps are installed.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back