Replacing screen for Nokia 8 - Is original brand service centre worth it ?

square_wave

I have Nokia 8 and the full screen needs replacement. The brand service centre is quoting around 10 k. If I buy the part from https://www.maxbhi.com/lcd-with-touch-screen-for-nokia-8-steel-complete-assembly-folder.html and get it fixed by the local repair guy, it will cost me around 2700 /- Are these reliable ( original parts )?

I don't have any prior experience with replacing screens on phones so not sure which option to go for. Any phone experts here ?

Sunlight readability would be less and colors would Be slightly off with cheaper screens
If that works for you it's worth getting it done from non authorized workshop

What's the issue with screen?

If only glass broken, LCD & Touch layers fine, Local technician will also be able to change only glass. That way it would be cheaper and Original LCD & Touch layer will remain intact so no worry about display.

The phone fell down on pavement and the screen is cracked. Everything works fine otherwise.

The phone fell down on pavement and the screen is cracked. Everything works fine otherwise.
I am a Nokia fanatic like B&W in Audio. I have Nokia 8.1 and Nokia pure view 9 also.

I broke the glass in my Nokia 8 and got the glass alone replaced for ₹1700/-. The advantage is original display and original touch is retained. Still the repairer says the sucess ratio is 50% only.

Don't go for original display, cause fairly used Nokia 8 itself you will get for ₹7 to 8K in OLX.

Please select a repairer who has the induction heater to remove the broken glass by heating the glue (some are skilled and do this with hot air blow gun itself). . Also the repairer should have the oven for bubble removal.

Last edited:
I sold my cracked (only outer glass) Nokia 8 for 4k recently. Interestingly the showroom guys had offered 5k when it was in great condition 2 months back ! :)

I have Nokia 8 and the full screen needs replacement. The brand service centre is quoting around 10 k. If I buy the part from https://www.maxbhi.com/lcd-with-touch-screen-for-nokia-8-steel-complete-assembly-folder.html and get it fixed by the local repair guy, it will cost me around 2700 /- Are these reliable ( original parts )?

I don't have any prior experience with replacing screens on phones so not sure which option to go for. Any phone experts here ?
Hi
Friend
Years ago I had to change the glass screen of my Nokia (forgotten the model no ) . I contacted the service center and they demanded more than what a local service guy wanted. So I depended on the local guy. But after servicing I found that readibility became less as FM Rikhav has mentioned. I am no expert. IMHO better depend on branded service center for better results.
Regards
Bhaskar

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back