Horrible Panasonic Service (Over 1 month;Plasma still not working) in warranty

Nanu

Hi,

I am here to vent out my frustration over Panasonic Service maybe. Anyway, what I have faced is very disappointing. Panasonic people have not been able to fix my Plasma which is in warranty and have given me no confirmed time either. I ask them to get me in touch with someone higher who I can maybe talk to or whatever but they just give me some Customer Service number and tell me I can can complain to whoever I like. And they don't really seem to care.

I was the first one on the forum and probably the first piece in the country of this highly recommended Plasma the TH-P42V20D. My review and initial impressions were in the following thread:
http://www.hifivision.com/television/10339-got-home-panasonic-42v20.html, It was a very popular thread about 17 pages, I think and even Panasonic Copy pasted my review and pictures on their facebook page. That was all nice a few years ago, I thank myself for the extended warranty now.

Anyway last month the Plasma did stopped turning on, every other equipment in the Setup, Amp. PS3, Computer etc was all fine but for the Plasma. The Plasma refused to turn on and red light was blinking 7 times. I called up Panasonic, and even put an online warranty claim etc which is their process, then after 3 days did they finally show up after me contacting their service center repeatedly. I even offered to bring the TV in and drop it off, to which they refused and one fine day an engineer showed up, after 3 days of me calling and placing online complaints.

At the time the Service engineer arrived. I was not home as there was no prior call or appointment, Anyway I asked my help to let him in and check the TV or take it. Well, to cut the long story short, He came opened the TV did some checks with a millimeter and declared some board was faulty and needed to be ordered and took that board with him, and left the TV as is. And left, no confirmation of when it would be done, and just said it would take about 10-15 days. He gave my help no receipt or any copy of the Repair copy or anything to say my TV parts were with them and that they were looking into it. I kept calling them the next day to even get my job card number so that I would check it the problem was even registered. Which they finally sent, just the job card number over SMS.

Then after about 2 weeks of calling them and keeping myself updated with the progress, they get the replacement part, the same engineer comes of, fixes the part, and The plasma doesn't come on, exact same symptoms as before red light blinking 7 times. Uses his multimeter and now declares another board is not working does some stuff on the net on my PC tells me this way it would be fastter if he would order it online, and guess what, that all happened about 2 weeks ago. So today its nearly 4 weeks and everytime I call the service center now they just dont seem to know whats going on. Either they dont take my calls which happens most of the time. The rest of the time he tries to sound busy and asks someone if anything on the Plasma, and then the same answer, Yes it will be done soon. Thats all.

I dont know what to do any more. I have tried contacting them via Facebook after which they just said they will look into it but nothing except an apology call from they call center, no explanations nothing.

Why cant Panasonic send Competent Engineers, who can perform a through check, the first time itself and not after getting some parts? Or Why can't they keep the customer more informed? Where is my Service receipt?

I was using this TV in our Hotel Suite but it has now been replaced by ofcourse some other brand (cant have a dead TV in a hotel room), I dont wanna start a brand fight so I refrain, but I am using about 12 Flat screens in my property and I have never ever had an issue with any of them, I thought of going the Panasonic way but after this i am thoroughly disappointed.

This is horrible service that in about a month Panasonic have not been able to fix my TV; just for hiring incompetent Engineers who don't diagnose the problem properly; horrible support in our country where it takes them over 10 days to send on part across. NO professionalism, Engineer just walks in takes a part out of my TV and gives no receipt nothing. I dont know about everyone but i do expect better service from such a large company.

If there is anyone who can help me in getting my TV fixed please let me know. If there is anyone I can contact in Panasonic Please PM me, These guys here are completely incompetent.

Details:
Model: Panasonic TH-P42V20D
Date of Purchase: 6 June 2010
Warranty: yes 3 years

Proof is attached:Job Number: PL-ASC-1206-079831
Service Center: Akanksha Enterprise, Bhopal.

:mad::mad:

Attachments

• panasonic.jpg
    panasonic.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 264
Till date the most horrible call center that I have had to call is that of Panasonic's.
So, I select "English" as the language option between Hindi & English. And to my horror, those guys don't know to speak English, I mean not even "understandable by guessing" English, forget spoken English. When I asked, do you know any other language, they said, "Saar...Telugu and English". So, it was a dead end for me.
Then after a few futile trials I opted for "Hindi" as the language option. And no points for guessing, the phone never got connected.

Last edited:
Thats really sad to have an experience like that.

Try emailing Panasonic Mgmt with your Job card#, etc or whatever info you have. Just throwing a rock to see if we can get some help.

But always ask for the written receipt when they take the part/equipment.

Siva

I was the first one on the forum and probably the first piece in the country of this highly recommended Plasma the TH-P42V20D. My review and initial impressions were in the following thread:
http://www.hifivision.com/television/10339-got-home-panasonic-42v20.html,

Yes. I certainly remember it.
I think and even Panasonic Copy pasted my review and pictures on their facebook page.

Why dont you try the same thing on your FB account now?

That's unfortunate..is their customer support like this all time?

Unfortunately.

I have posted the feedback on theior facebook page as well, they just delete my post and once someone called me from the call center, but end result is that my TV is still not fixed, and the call from the call center was about 15days ago!!

hi read the experience its sad and of course bad. got to Panasonic's website indian and usa and Japan. Put in a strong email to all the ids you get and tell them you will take it up with news channels. then see the response. Whatever you do do it via mails and letters not on calls it wont help.

The worst is now Panasonic India has banned me from posting on their page!!
So I can't write complaints there any more.
:(

Panasonic I really hope you dont treat other customers this way.
I for sure m purchasing a Panasonic product for the last time.

Also guys please check this page its full of Panasonic Horror stories:
http://www.facebook.com/panasonicindia?filter=2

Last edited:
I have read similar horror stories for samsung, sony and lg too. These companies give their best services to North American and European countries were ironically there products are cheaper too. In India we purchase at a premium (30-40%) more than their amazon price still get poor services and warranty and sometimes even a poorer product.

This is absolutely unbelievable from a reputed company like Panasonic. How can they take their customers for a ride when the TV is still in the warranty period. Companies are taking undue advantage of relaxed guidelines on the after sales service. How about exploring the option of filing a case with consumer court?

They have asked me till Saturday to get it fixed.
If they don't then yes I will be filing a case in consumer court, big companies cant take Indian Consumers for a ride, but giving us shitty service.
This is just UN-acceptable.

Never again for me, never another Panasonic thats for sure.

They have asked me till Saturday to get it fixed.
If they don't then yes I will be filing a case in consumer court, big companies cant take Indian Consumers for a ride, but giving us shitty service.
This is just UN-acceptable.

Never again for me, never another Panasonic thats for sure.

AGREE WITH YOU!!!:sad:

You should definately do that if there is no response from them.

Also ask all friends and known people to copy paste ypur complaint on Panasonic FB account since they have banned you from their webpage :)

It was an eye opener to read so many negative comments about their service.

^^ why dont you guys start posting there a link for this thread?
Here is their FB page , please do so it might help a bit, Please I request you all to altleast post a link on their page to this thread.
Anything to make them feel that the consumer is also important.

Link to Panasonic Fb page:
http://www.facebook.com/panasonicindia

Please help out, yes YOU can.....

The panasonic service and support in india is definitely below par.

I had to wait 2 months for my panasonic refrigerator door to be replaced ,the moment it was unboxed the cracked door was evident.They refused to replace the entire refrigerator
There was also No response during the 2 months that i had to wait.

The panasonic service and support in india is definitely below par.

I had to wait 2 months for my panasonic refrigerator door to be replaced ,the moment it was unboxed the cracked door was evident.They refused to replace the entire refrigerator
There was also No response during the 2 months that i had to wait.

Had same problem with my refrigerator,only that it was lg,this korean and japanese companies take us for granted! Mine was 390l double door and the upper door had a dent quite evident,when complained they told me it had to be shipped from korea as the color was not available,as i was impatient they offered me swap with another color fridge to which i agreed(i should have waited) sadly when i was not in town for few days they replaced the fridge as mom did not notice that new fridge had dents at the sides.

...Oh well, nothing yet.
I still have no TV from Panasonic working.
And its been over a month.

Really guys do, you guys expect this kinda service from any product that you buy from any company?? This is terrible.

They just told me today, that my part is with GATI Couriers, and hopefully should get fixed soon, forget their commitments, they had guaranteed me in a max of 10 days, but now I have learnt that it means nothing for the, just an excuse for me to hang up.

I have called them everyday for the past 10 days and everytime gotten nearly the same answer.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back