Reputation tab missing.

Thanked 2,102 Times in 1,222 Posts

In the above group there used to be an additional item, example shown as under:
"Reputation: 219"

Please correct me if I am wrong?

Yeah, it is missing, I noticed it even before this thread. But it is simple to calculate the reputation. So, I thought it has been removed.

I tell you the formula which I observed:

1. When a member joins, he has (had) a reputation of 10.
2. With each thanks, it increases by one.

So, if "theironhorse" has been thanked 149 times, his repuation value is 159.

If it is that simple, mods might have thought of removing an un-necessary field. :)

Last edited:
mine says.... "rana_kirti is on a distinguished road"

haahahahhhahahah.....lol :lol:

very creative indeed but oh god i can't stop laughing.... We need to know who came up with these....!!!

And Thad, we are all waiting to see your snap in the papers soon. I do hope it is for the right reason.
The headline will be something like Foreign resident, with imported toothbrush, confused by Indian hifi site rep system! :eek: :lol:

So... it is linked to thanks?

ps... I have, I think, already had my pic in an Indian newspaper. Also it was recently in Samudhra magazine

Last edited:
I just noticed something for the first time!

If you move your mouse over at the green dots at the bottom of all the info on top right.. text pops out saying something..

For eg -
venkatcr : venkatcr has a reputation beyond repute
spirovious : spirovious is a splendid one to behold
sam9s : sam9s is a jewel in the rough
Thad E Ginathom : Thad E Ginathom will become famous soon enough

Hey thanks even I didnt notice this ..... "sam9s is a jewel in the rough" ...:rolleyes: .... BTW nobody answered this ..... how is clicking on "Add to "xyz" reputation different from clicking in the thanks button for "xyz" ...... In both the cases one reputation point increases or is it something else as well ....??

That should be fixed. Good information is evergreen.

Also, the more work that the mods put in to try to reduce repeated and duplicate threads, the more important thanking those older posts becomes.

Yes it is missing. I had noticed its absence some time back, but did not mention it as I thought it was a decision taken by the powers that be. Thanks for mentioning it theironhorse.......... I will refrain from clicking your thanks button because .... it would not reflect on your reputation anyway:D

you can go ahead with it now.. its visible.. hehehe :D

..... how is clicking on "Add to "xyz" reputation different from clicking in the thanks button for "xyz" ...... In both the cases one reputation point increases or is it something else as well ....??

Anyone ...?????

Hey I noticed another thing missing or taken out. Initially when you received thanks, if I remember correctly the date used to be there when that thanks was given, now that date part is removed and all you have are the display names for the fellow members who thanked you ...... did anyone notice ............

What's this? Reputation tab missing?!! No problem... No reputation is better than a bad reputation !! :D

guess just different ways to thanks.. hehe..

the one with icon is more tricky.. :)

It appears that not everyone can add to the reputation. Either its mods or some person with high reputation. I am not sure if he is going to lose some reputation in case he adds to others. :D

Here is the screenshot of what I saw when I tried to add reputation.

[URL=http://img862.imageshack.us/i/61017479.jpg/][/URL]

I sense a conspiracy here ... :( Time to be on high alert !!
Don't be surprised if some men in red devil suits knock on your doors at odd hours, for questioning. :eek:hyeah:

I sense a conspiracy here ... :( Time to be on high alert !!
Don't be surprised if some men in red devil suits knock on your doors at odd hours, for questioning. :eek:hyeah:

BTW if you noticed, I was trying to add to your reputation. So, at least you can stop bothering yourself. ;)

Your reputation is not at stake. :D

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back